+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
ybjianada said:
Is this the complete letter? Generally, they will list the assessment criteria (such as a, b, c below), and then, describe in detail how you failed to meet the criteria. I do not see any detailed description in relation to your application. So it's a bit strange.
Thanks for your reply.

Primary NOC for EE & in LMIA are same 0013 - General Manager (GM) Asia Division

As the duties for Canada Engineering company as GM & my experience which is for Operating Company. I guess the office has not applied enough understanding the job profiles, may be difficult to conclude that on 1 year of experience as per primary NOC with the submitted documents.

Also I can submit additional information on experience if required & Can I appeal on this?

Thanks
Srikanth

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (30 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet all three parts of these requirements and your application has therefore been refused.

----------------------

This is the complete letter.... Pls advise Thanks

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration Robinson Road PO Box 845 Singapore 901645 www.singapore.gc.ca

Date: November 4, 2016

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (30 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet all three parts of these requirements and your application has therefore been refused.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Your file is now closed and will not be reassessed. Further documentation will not be considered and further correspondence will not be acknowledged. Should you still be interested in immigrating to Canada, you will need to submit a new application and pay the applicable processing fees.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

KKVerma

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Dec 15th
AOR Received.
Feb 14th
Hi Shrikanth. This is sad!!
Did you get nomination from any province?
From what I know they send procedure fairness letter before rejecting any file.
You should have been given a chance to prove your application.
Getting it refused at the PR stage is very sad.
Did they not give you any chance??

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
KKVerma said:
Hi Shrikanth. This is sad!!
Did you get nomination from any province?
From what I know they send procedure fairness letter before rejecting any file.
You should have been given a chance to prove your application.
Getting it refused at the PR stage is very sad.
Did they not give you any chance??
Thanks KKVerma for your kind words.

No nominations from any province. I applied as FSW (Out Land) with approved LMIA & Job offer. Yes I feel dejected that there is no chance given to me prove my experience.

I guess the Visa Officer has not spend enough time or make efforts go thru my experience in details being the NOC 0013 General Manager (Asia Division) from the engineering service company. In my job offer letter & my current job scope of duties matching in technical way if he can understand properly from the Oil & Gas Industry. I am in doubt the Visa office might have quickly looked in generic job duties as per the NOC to refuse my application.

Yes its bit of disappointing after getting thru lots of efforts in getting PCC from more than 4 foreign countries, IELTS, LMIA ... rejected with out a chance to to prove...

Hoping if any possibility of appeal...
Thanks
Srikanth

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
I , U
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-and-then-rejection-letter-t73534.30.html

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
its so sad there is no chance for defending ourselves,any nisunderstanding or mistake will lead to rejection, I hope what is writte in this link will help you, wish you good luck

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
Nastaran70 said:
its so sad there is no chance for defending ourselves,any nisunderstanding or mistake will lead to rejection, I hope what is writte in this link will help you, wish you good luck
Thanks & yes this is useful. FYI I am started communicating with Immigration lawyer, he is reviewing my application now.

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
Venkata Srikanth said:
Hi all,
I am FSW Outland with LMIA, AOR 15 Jun 2016.

My PR refused from Singapore Visa office yesterday with the following reason:pls suggest if I have any possibility of appeal on this decision? Thanks

Thanks for the sharing info & for those who received PPR congratulation & wish you good luck.
Cheers
Srikanth
Srikanth, sorry to hear about your case. The main duties for NOC 0013 as per the official site is below:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0013

Senior managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
Determine the company's mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources
Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.

Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular service area.

If your job description as well as your reference letter matches these, you should mention the same and re-appeal as suggested by others. The other option is to find the correct NOC and re-apply. Good luck...

vj23

Nov 6, 2016
Hi All, I am working as a Team Leader in a bank. My profile is into finance and accounting. I am leading a team of 5 associates. I received ITA couple of days ago and checked my NOC is 0111 - Financial manager . Can someone please please tell me if CIC office accept TL for manager NOC. If not should I decline Invite and create new profile. Any views on this will be highly appreciated.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
vj23 said:
Hi All, I am working as a Team Leader in a bank. My profile is into finance and accounting. I am leading a team of 5 associates. I received ITA couple of days ago and checked my NOC is 0111 - Financial manager . Can someone please please tell me if CIC office accept TL for manager NOC. If not should I decline Invite and create new profile. Any views on this will be highly appreciated.
Title is pretty irrelevant, what matters is that your job duties correspond with the right NOC. If that is 0111 then fine, if not then something else. I suppose team leader is in this context a supervisor, so you might take a look at NOC 6314. IMO that would be better corresponding NOC. But again, I don't know your job duties, so it's the best that you compare.

vj23

Nov 6, 2016
Thank You so much Johnny for suggestion. Can you & anyone please help me with my NOC codes. I worked for two organizations and below is my Job duties.

I have my MBA degree equivalent to master degree in Canada.

1) 2 Years 2 months experience - Banking (I have selected NOC 0122)
He worked as a "Relationship Manager" & as “Customer Service Manager” in the XXXX Bank Branch. During the course of his association with the organization he performed multiple duties and responsibilities.
His responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas.
• Managing the International trade Clients. Catering to their banking requirements and providing them business banking advisory
• Managing High Net worth Clients relationships offering them wealth services & advisory
• Attending to front-end requirements of trade & high net individuals
• Handling all types of foreign exchange transactions including Trade Credit, TT, Travel Currency Card and inward & outward remittances
• Handling complex queries and escalations. Offering solutions to suit the client requirements
• Managing statutory and auditory requirements for branch as part of customer service manager. Handling service requests and compliance thereof
• Ensure compliance with operations risk management and corporate audit requirements
• Cross selling of other banking & third party products
• Acquisition of new clients for the branch

2) 3 years 4 months experience - Bank back office Job ( have selected 0111)

1) India lead for Global accounting operations team handling team of five associates, primarily responsible for various activities in finance, accounting and reporting, covering Inter-company accounting, reconciliations and international branch financing. High level of engagement with various entity controllers across the Bank.

2) Legal entity controller role that includes financial, accounting and line of business (LOB) ownership for all the XXXX foreign branches. This includes but not limited to the profit remittance process, the funding/capitalization (Capital Injection or repatriation) of XXXX foreign branches as per their legal & liquidity requirements. LOB responsibility for providing substantiation for branch accounts to reconciliations team.

3) Process the settlement to/from the foreign branches and record the changes in investment & retained earnings on the books of XXXX Home Office. Book translation adjustments entries to account for the fx differences between the wire rate and the system rate for capital change and the profit remittances process.

4) Stakeholder in merger or ownership change of all XXXX foreign branches in terms of accounting treatment, settlement of their equity, retained earnings & capital change.

5) Supervisor to the team that post & approve daily & monthly journal entries to clear reconciliation breaks. Identify research & post manual journals to clear issues originating due to system bugs.

6) Identify the consolidations issues within the bank and provide guidance for their remediation to business partners (entity controllers) across the bank to get them resolved in order to close Intercompany financials B/S & P/L below acceptable threshold.

7) Facilitate monthly reporting of Intercompany breaks in Balance Sheet as well as P/L over & above approved threshold to senior management of Bank. Work with entity controllers to identify the reasons for these breaks & get the correction posted for succeeding month. Work with system mapping, sub system & operating system teams to get correct mappings for smooth intercompany eliminations & consolidations process.

8) Recruit new associates in Global Accounting Operations team through internal/external job postings as per staffing process to backfill positions created due to attrition or internal movement & train them in the process activities.

Your help will save my rejections. Thank you so much guys.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I would suggest to open a new thread and paste the question there.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Venkata Srikanth said:
Thanks for your reply.

Primary NOC for EE & in LMIA are same 0013 - General Manager (GM) Asia Division

As the duties for Canada Engineering company as GM & my experience which is for Operating Company. I guess the office has not applied enough understanding the job profiles, may be difficult to conclude that on 1 year of experience as per primary NOC with the submitted documents.

Also I can submit additional information on experience if required & Can I appeal on this?

Thanks
Srikanth

----------------------

This is the complete letter.... Pls advise Thanks

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration Robinson Road PO Box 845 Singapore 901645 www.singapore.gc.ca

Date: November 4, 2016

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Your file is now closed and will not be reassessed. Further documentation will not be considered and further correspondence will not be acknowledged. Should you still be interested in immigrating to Canada, you will need to submit a new application and pay the applicable processing fees.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration Officer
Immigration Section
I am so sorry. Best of luck for your endeavors.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Guys I've made the stupidest mistake anyone could make ever.
I selected skill level A under my express entry application by mistake, don't ask how, I got no idea.
Got an ITA and submitted my application for PR in June. It goes without saying that all my job letters and descriptions indicate NOC1311 and skill level B.
Thus doesn't have any effect on the score, but the discrepancy itself isn't minor.. Have you ever of anyone getting away with a mistake like this? Or should I be expecting my application to be rejected any day?

I know I'm an idiot but any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
elenama said:
Guys I've made the stupidest mistake anyone could make ever.
I selected skill level A under my express entry application by mistake, don't ask how, I got no idea.
Got an ITA and submitted my application for PR in June. It goes without saying that all my job letters and descriptions indicate NOC1311 and skill level B.
Thus doesn't have any effect on the score, but the discrepancy itself isn't minor.. Have you ever of anyone getting away with a mistake like this? Or should I be expecting my application to be rejected any day?

I know I'm an idiot but any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
hmm... Curious, when do you select what skill level the NOC code is? Do you just mean in letters and I don't believe in EE you state the skill level, just the NOC code.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
kryt0n said:
hmm... Curious, when do you select what skill level the NOC code is? Do you just mean in letters and I don't believe in EE you state the skill level, just the NOC code.
When you create an express entry profile, it asks for both NOC code and skill level. Basically, I created 2 profiles one after another with skill level A NOC 1111 (accounting managers) and skill level B NOC 1311 (accountants) to see if it has any effect on the total score, and then inactivated the wrong one... :eek: