kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I really, really need to read through these 300 pages soon. Hoping for an ITA next year and really don't want to screw anything basic up.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
kryt0n said:
I really, really need to read through these 300 pages soon. Hoping for an ITA next year and really don't want to screw anything basic up.
I wish for a summary of all possible reasons for rejections as I'm 90% sure I will screw things up

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Heathcliff77 said:
I wish for a summary of all possible reasons for rejections as I'm 90% sure I will screw things up
There was an attempt at summarizing some common reasons. Check the early posts on this thread.

Most common reasons included poorly drafted reference letters missing critical information, missing PCC/other relevant docs, falling short of FSW/CEC eligibility, expired language scores, incorrect interpretation of ECA, invalid or poorly explained funds...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pippin said:
Wasn't there also a problem if a copy of ECA was not included?
There were random cases, yes. People were sometimes rejected for not submitting a copy of ECA and of course, for not submitting degree/diploma.

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
Hi fellows,
Here's my concern, pl comment: I didn't attach IELTS certificate to CIC, though it was sent to OINP at the time of nomination. How concerned should I be?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tari7499 said:
Hi fellows,
Here's my concern, pl comment: I didn't attach IELTS certificate to CIC, though it was sent to OINP at the time of nomination. How concerned should I be?
Shouldn't be concerned at all. It is not mandatory to upload IELTS report in your e-APR.

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
Thanks Raj...feeling quite relieved...

rajkamalmohanram said:
Shouldn't be concerned at all. It is not mandatory to upload IELTS report in your e-APR.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Senior members, I need help. At the moment my timeline is as follows:

Category : PNP-Outland
AOR:10 May
Schedule 4 request :12 May
BackGround in progress: 4 Aug

The Egyptian government recently devaluated the currency, so this means now that my current account balance is below the minimum requirements requested by CIC. I have another account which could be added to the existing account, which will push me into the minimum requirements required by CIC. The application is close to to 6 month, while the devaluation of the currency just took place two days ago. What shall i do, please?

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Messiry: With an AOR date in May, this means that your eligibility has most probably been completed. HOWEVER, it is always better to be on the safe side, so I suggest you do the following:

1- Draft up a nice LoE letter, explaining what you just mentioned.
2- Request a 6-month bank statement for both accounts (one you had already submitted, and another for the additional funds you just mentioned them.)
3- Combine all above documents into one PDF, and upload it as a CSE.

Other members may want to weigh in on this, but to me, that's what I would do. It is better to be proactive, than risk a potential rejection.

Good luck!
Msf

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
msf02 said:
Messiry: With an AOR date in May, this means that your eligibility has most probably been completed. HOWEVER, it is always better to be on the safe side, so I suggest you do the following:

1- Draft up a nice LoE letter, explaining what you just mentioned.
2- Request a 6-month bank statement for both accounts (one you had already submitted, and another for the additional funds you just mentioned them.)
3- Combine all above documents into one PDF, and upload it as a CSE.

Other members may want to weigh in on this, but to me, that's what I would do. It is better to be proactive, than risk a potential rejection.

Good luck!
Msf
That's actually what i was planning to do, despite the delay it might cause in the application. it's better to take the safe side. Does that mean if my elegibility is met, I wont need to send a CSE ? Does anyone know any idea if i send a CSE with the new funds, how much time delay it would take ?

Thank you

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
Hi all,
I am FSW Outland with LMIA, AOR 15 Jun 2016.

My PR refused from Singapore Visa office yesterday with the following reason:pls suggest if I have any possibility of appeal on this decision? Thanks

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (30 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet all three parts of these requirements and your application has therefore been refused.

Thanks for the sharing info & for those who received PPR congratulation & wish you good luck.
Cheers
Srikanth

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Venkata Srikanth said:
Hi all,

My PR refused from Singapore Visa office yesterday with the following reason:pls suggest if I have any possibility of appeal on this decision? Thanks

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (30 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet all three parts of these requirements and your application has therefore been refused.

Thanks for the sharing info & for those who received PPR congratulation & wish you good luck.
Cheers
Srikanth
Could you share your work experience informaton? Did you have proper reference letters from your employers?

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
neorol said:
Could you share your work experience informaton? Did you have proper reference letters from your employers?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Primary NOC for EE & in LMIA are same 0013 - General Manager (GM) Asia Division

As the duties for Canada Engineering company as GM & my experience which is for Operating Company. I guess the office has not applied enough understanding the job profiles, may be difficult to conclude that on 1 year of experience as per primary NOC.

Also I can submit additional information on experience if required & Can I appeal on this?

Thanks
Srikanth

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Is this the complete letter? Generally, they will list the assessment criteria (such as a, b, c below), and then, describe in detail how you failed to meet the criteria. I do not see any detailed description in relation to your application. So it's a bit strange.

Venkata Srikanth said:
Hi all,

Cheers
Srikanth