+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
I am the primary applicant with Bachelor's degree.

My Spouse's foreign degree has been evaluated by WES:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

I have not got her Bachelor's degree evaluated by WES.

If I upload only her ECA & Master's degree in eAPR, is it enough or my application will get rejected?
Should I upload her Bachelor's degree to be on the safer side though it doesnt add any points or any WES evaluation present.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
mahi2020 said:

Master's degree

If I upload only her ECA & Master's degree in eAPR, is it enough or my application will get rejected?
Should I upload her Bachelor's degree to be on the safer side though it doesnt add any points or any WES evaluation present.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
If you upload bachelor's with no WES evaluation, then it might get rejected.

Just upload Master's Degree and WES and evaluation. This is good enough.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
istari said:
Not really. You only need reference letters if you wish to claim CRS points for the experience.
Work experience you're not claiming points for can be left out of your employment history, and documentation is not required.

This option may not be stated explicitly on CIC's website, but it is a tried and true method.
Acked that precisely +1.

Any one suggesting otherwise, please understand the situation first. People are talking about the experience that they are not claiming points for and merely providing this for personal history to CIC

leo_87

Sep 27, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I put my bachelors degree in my education history and submitted the degree certificate/transcripts since they asked me to do so however I do not have accreditation for it (confirmed that while adding that information in to my profile) and the points allocated to me were based on my post graduation and work experience.

I called CIC for a routine inquiry recently and the agent said everything is fine nothing to worry and that I have cleared my eligibility already and that my background is in process.
I was skimming through this thread and noticed few people commenting about it being the cause for rejection. This has got me really worried now..should I be raising a CSE and include a clarifying message?

Would really appreciate a quick response from anyone.

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
istari said:
[/quot

So I should not put the post graduation in the education section and should only put my bachelor's.but the education section mentions all degrees.but I am not claiming points for post graduate qualification.As I said I will put it in personal history.so will that be I did not disclose my post grad I education section but mentioning in personal history section.w I'll this be misrepresentation.

Neither do I have wes for post gradetc.so is tis right thing to do.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
leo_87 said:
Hello Everyone,
I put my bachelors degree in my education history and submitted the degree certificate/transcripts since they asked me to do so however I do not have accreditation for it (confirmed that while adding that information in to my profile) and the points allocated to me were based on my post graduation and work experience.

I called CIC for a routine inquiry recently and the agent said everything is fine nothing to worry and that I have cleared my eligibility already and that my background is in process.
I was skimming through this thread and noticed few people commenting about it being the cause for rejection. This has got me really worried now..should I be raising a CSE and include a clarifying message?

Would really appreciate a quick response from anyone.
As per the requirement, you need to get only your highest degree assessed (ECA) to get points, which you have already done and for your Bachelors you have already mentioned that you do not have ECA, so you need not worry. To know the progress on your application try ordering GCMS notes.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
istari said:
Not really. You only need reference letters if you wish to claim CRS points for the experience.
Work experience you're not claiming points for can be left out of your employment history, and documentation is not required.

This option may not be stated explicitly on CIC's website, but it is a tried and true method.
Correct.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mahi2020 said:

Master's degree

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
As per the requirement, you need to get only the highest degree assessed (ECA) to get maximum points, which you have already done and for your spouse's Bachelors you have already mentioned that you do not have ECA for your spouse, so you need not worry.

leo_87

Sep 27, 2016
Stanlee said:
As per the requirement, you need to get only your highest degree assessed (ECA) to get points, which you have already done and for your Bachelors you have already mentioned that you do not have ECA, so you need not worry. To know the progress on your application try ordering GCMS notes.
Thanks a lot! yes I have already ordered my GCMS notes just havent received them yet

febinjohns

Nov 20, 2013
Hello Guys ,

I am a recent EE Out land applicant, AOR Sep 23rd 2016 with SINP nomination, NOC 2233 , Medicals Passed on 27th Sep.

Now I worry about one of my employment records (either wrong NOC or job description not matching ), which I am claiming points for. Therefore I may lose 2 points from eligibility requirement for FSW programme and I fall below 67 points. NEGLIGENCE FROM MY SIDE WHILE ARRANGING EMPLOYMENT RECORD :( !!!

Could anyone clarify reg within how many days CIC reviews the Basic eligibility (FSW six selection factors – 67 points) and reject the file ?

My concern is , if unfortunately it’s a rejection due to points requirement it would be better if it happen ASAP , not after 6 months.So that I can still try to get nomination transferred to my new EE profile and reapply with correct NOC code ( I know it’s not an easy job but still hoping ).

I would appreciate any opinion on this guys

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
febinjohns said:
Hello Guys ,

I am a recent EE Out land applicant, AOR Sep 23rd 2016 with SINP nomination, NOC 2233 , Medicals Passed on 27th Sep.

Now I worry about one of my employment records (either wrong NOC or job description not matching ), which I am claiming points for. Therefore I may lose 2 points from eligibility requirement for FSW programme and I fall below 67 points. NEGLIGENCE FROM MY SIDE WHILE ARRANGING EMPLOYMENT RECORD :( !!!

Could anyone clarify reg within how many days CIC reviews the Basic eligibility (FSW six selection factors – 67 points) and reject the file ?

My concern is , if unfortunately it’s a rejection due to points requirement it would be better if it happen ASAP , not after 6 months.So that I can still try to get nomination transferred to my new EE profile and reapply with correct NOC code ( I know it’s not an easy job but still hoping ).

I would appreciate any opinion on this guys
Eligibility review result mostly comes within 4 months.

febinjohns

Nov 20, 2013
fahad04 said:
Eligibility review result mostly comes within 4 months.
Thanks for the reply Fahad bro...
Which means local VO do the rejection if not qualified ? or Ottawa does it on initial months ?

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi all,

Posting this query on a friend's behalf.
My friend's PR application under CEC got rejected last year(non Express Entry) as he applied in an incorrect NOC category which did not conform well to his job duties and nature of work place.
The case officer stated the following in his rejection letter :

"I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirements. Specifically, I have grounds to believe you have not acquired work experience as a ------------- in NOC -----. The information you have provided about your training and employment experience is insufficient to demonstrate that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties of a computer network technician including the essential duties.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
"
My question is:
1) Is this deemed as misrepresentation? If would be very unfortunate if this is so. As his mistake was to make a careless application without being specific enough about the nature of his job but not misrepresented.
2) Could this affect his future visa application as a spouse? His fiance is a Permanent Resident in Canada.

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

No - this is not misrepresentation. Misrepresentation is intentionally hiding something from your past that would otherwise make you ineligible.

This should also not affect future applications (although he will probably have to mention it, and fill out a Schedule A form.)

Regards,

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Thanks for the reply msf02. Relieved to hear your input.
He has ordered GCMS notes for his application to see detailed notes.
Any other source to seek confirmation? How about RCMP Criminal Record check?