+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
No - Its been only a little over 3 months now post AOR. Patience. Their "standard" processing time is 6 months - However, on an average, applicants get their PPRs within 4 - 5 months of submission of application.
Dear,
as per your signature, add doc received ack by CIC.
how would i know that my add doc have been ack by CIC.
it's been 3 weeks, that i have submitted add doc and status in mycic is still 'Provided' right from its submission till date.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
abdulqayyum said:
Dear,
as per your signature, add doc received ack by CIC.
how would i know that my add doc have been ack by CIC.
it's been 3 weeks, that i have submitted add doc and status in mycic is still 'Provided' right from its submission till date.
Raj's signature speaks of additional documents sent to OINP for PNP processing. For CIC, there will not be any acknowledgement but the status in CIC will be "Provided".

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
malican said:
Hi Fkl - thanks for info. To clarify - what I am wondering is -

1) Does CIC judge your application based on the info there at the point of receiving an ITA or at the point of your submitting the application? I ask this because I saw another NOC code that my job description could possibly fall under (from a 0 to a 1). So I am wondering if I do not change it now and change it at the time of submitting the app could it jeopardize my submission to CIC?

2) If I do not change it now (awaiting OINP nomination) could that be misrepresentation? I saw in previous posts where applicants put one NOC and was disqualified because CIC thought it was different. Although in my case I see based on the job descriptions I believe it can be used interchangeably as they are close - I just feel like putting the lower NOC to be safe (this is a 1 year job btw, before this I had an 11 year job).

3) How do they judge a 1 year job? Does that count?

Your thoughts? Let me know if I need to clear up. Thank you!
You are most welcome.

1. CIC judges application at the point of submission (though assuming you didn't loose any points from ITA). E.g. you scored 475 (hopythetically) and got ITA. At submission time, some thing changed e.g. you lost 50 points due to marriage before submission and the cut off for that draw was more than (475-50=425). Changing NOC hopefully shouldn't be a big deal as long as you provide proper evidence to support that. Besides, they haven't evaluated your NOC while issuing ITA. Though if this was my case, i would submit a letter explaining this along with evidence.

2. Not entirely clear - Do you expect nomination to be for the same NOC as you originally intended on applying for? Yes obviously CIC can refuse if they think the NOC is different. But you have to have picked the closest matching NOC in the first place. Besides CIC doesn't really care about minor difference e.g. i am a software engineer. When i got my first work permit to come to Canada, my NOC was 2174 (Software developer). But in second one as well as in my PR application, it was 2173 (Software engineer). I have friends with exactly same job profile (same position / employer) with NOC 2171 (information system consultants) and having gotten through.

Mainly you should meet a) Duties / responsibilities b) Possess the core education / experience required c) Your income should be at least around median wage for that NOC for that province.

Also do you mean that the ONE year experience you have is of the lower NOC that you intend to switch to now? Instead of the original job that you previously intended to apply with (and have 11 years experience in?).

The longer experience is generally better. Because depending upon which PR program you are applying for, CIC would evaluate jobs differently. Let's say they have any doubts / concerns about that 1 year experience. In that case it could simply invalidate your application. But there is little chance for that for an 11 year profile. Even if there are multiple jobs, even one legitimate one should be enough to get through basic profile requirements.

3. The requirement for one year job is pretty clearly written. One year full time (at least 30+ hours) or equivalent number of hours part time. Your experience letter - if outside of Canada should mention a list of things including title, position, responsibilities, time frames etc.

You can often submit additional docs for that too e.g. if experience letter does not state salary, you can provide pay stubs etc. Of course we are talking about outside of Canada experience. Inside Canada, they have a different mechanism to go more deeper in experience and taxes.

kg_canada

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Done....
05-07-2016
kg_canada said:
Hi Everyone,

CIC recently gave me a 60-day extension after AOR because of delayed police report (FBI). However, I will be leaving the USA and moving to my home country on August 19th. Let's say I receive a report from FBI on August 12. Would CIC ask for another police report from USA because of the gap between 12-19 August? Would they reject the application?

Thanks for your help!
Anyone? Your help is much appreciated.

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linandzou said:
Got my GCMS Note today dated Jul 6th.

A little bit worry.

I have 2 year foreign work experience from two diffident companies, however 1 or 2 years foreign experience would make any diffidence, since the CRS point system awards the same point for 1-2 year foreign experience.

The note covers the verification call from Hong kong visa office, notes as below:

2016/06/22 Text: *******************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1****************************PA''s employment with Company A as technical manager from July 2009 to Aug 2010 confirmed genuine.

2016/06/02 Text: *********************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1**********************************Suspect fraud for PA's employment with Company B.

Company B is already closed, I asked the old manager to sign the letter, but the old company phone number did not work.

In this case, with only 1 year foreign experience, my CRS point remain the same.

So, do I need to worry and do something?
Update on my case, received another GCMS note, every thing remained the same, except the visa officer completely removed those scary word (red words above), everything about this note has gone.

Do you guys think it is a good sign or not?

And looks like visa officer will remove and edit wording in the GCMS note.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
linandzou said:
Update on my case, received another GCMS note, every thing remained the same, except the visa officer completely removed those scary word (red words above), everything about this note has gone.

Dear,
it sounds a positive modification in your GCMS notes.

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Guys, don't see any progress in PPR's on this thread. Are we not getting any or there's some other thread for those updates ??

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Aspirant2506 said:
Guys, don't see any progress in PPR's on this thread. Are we not getting any or there's some other thread for those updates ??
You're in the wrong place. This thread discusses rejections and the reasons behind them. There are many other threads for pprs . Keep looking

vishal2390

Feb 5, 2013
One quick question.
I got my aor on 12th January 2016 and ppr on 27th July 2016. Already sent my pp with pictures.

Now my medical was done on 17th July 2015, more than a year ago. On mycic, it says medical passed. However, I'm very worried about getting rejection based on my medical as it's 1 year old.

Is there any chance of getting rejection or I'm worried for no reason?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
vishal2390 said:
One quick question.
I got my aor on 12th January 2016 and ppr on 27th July 2016. Already sent my pp with pictures.

Now my medical was done on 17th July 2015, more than a year ago. On mycic, it says medical passed. However, I'm very worried about getting rejection based on my medical as it's 1 year old.

You already got the passport request. you should not worry.
The most they can do is asked for new medical report.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vishal2390 said:
One quick question.

Strange. You might have to do a re-medical. I suppose your VO will ask you to do a re-medical and then send the PP and COPR to you. Good luck!

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
linandzou said:

what is your eligibility status as per gcms notes .....does it say passed or is it still in progress

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
It's not quite the same, but I know someone who got COPR shortly before medical expired and the COPR date was way in the future - like 18 months past medical date. So you should be fine.

You may just get the COPR with a shorter than expected landing period. Hopefully it will arrive soon, when did you send the pp? They are turning them around quite fast at the moment.