+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

vishal2390

Feb 5, 2013
Thanks neo, raj and jc. I sent my passport on 27th July. They received it on 3rd August. Waiting to get return tracker activated.

jc94 said:
It's not quite the same, but I know someone who got COPR shortly before medical expired and the COPR date was way in the future - like 18 months past medical date. So you should be fine.

You may just get the COPR with a shorter than expected landing period. Hopefully it will arrive soon, when did you send the pp? They are turning them around quite fast at the moment.

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Hello all,

I need you assistance, please.

I just received a refusal letter from CIC. I have pasted parts of the letter below ( sensitive information removed).

invitation letter. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had 2 years Canadian work experience. The Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System states that for the purpose of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that is acquired by the foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix; consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1). For the purposes of this section, a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; a period of selfemployment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week. I am not satisfied that you meet all these requirements because: the experience you claimed as an Assistant Engineer for *****, was acquired while you were engaged in full-time study. I note that although you may have been on a scheduled summer break during this period and were authorized to work full-time, it does not qualify for the accumulation of work experience for CRS points. I note that you also claimed 1 year and 8 months full-time work experience as a Software Engineer for ****. This work experience was substantiated with a job letter and I am satisfied that this work was completed as stated. You also claimed full-time work from MAY2013 to SEP2013, as an Assistant Engineer ******. I note that you were in status as a fulltime student during this period, under authorization of a study permit and off-campus work permit. As you were engaged in full-time study during this period, this claimed work experience cannot be counted towards your Canadian work experience for CRS points. As you can only be credited for 1 year of 2 Canadian work experience, this results in a drop in points that falls below the minimum score for the round. In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act and Subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I am not satisfied that you possess the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

My explanation:
- As you know Express entry asks for all the jobs you worked, so I listed all the jobs I had .
- I never just stated that I worked 2 years in Canada, since as you know there is no option to do so.
When I first created my profile ( June 2015) my points were 436 ( same to everyone with 1 year experience).
- Then January 2016, my points jumped to 465 and I got an ITA in Jan, I never thought it was because of my university experience
- Even when I was submitting my application, it did not ask me for any job letters or anything for my universirt postion.

What should I do now?
Can I explain the situation to them? If yes, how can I do it and od you think they will change their minds?
If I do recreate my profile, I am noticing that the draw are at 480, do I have a chance? My work permit is expiring in March 2017.

Please give me any information you can.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

I just received a refusal letter from CIC. I have pasted parts of the letter below ( sensitive information removed).

invitation letter. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had 2 years Canadian work experience. The Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System states that for the purpose of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that is acquired by the foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix; consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1). For the purposes of this section, a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; a period of selfemployment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week. I am not satisfied that you meet all these requirements because: the experience you claimed as an Assistant Engineer for *****, was acquired while you were engaged in full-time study. I note that although you may have been on a scheduled summer break during this period and were authorized to work full-time, it does not qualify for the accumulation of work experience for CRS points. I note that you also claimed 1 year and 8 months full-time work experience as a Software Engineer for ****. This work experience was substantiated with a job letter and I am satisfied that this work was completed as stated. You also claimed full-time work from MAY2013 to SEP2013, as an Assistant Engineer ******. I note that you were in status as a fulltime student during this period, under authorization of a study permit and off-campus work permit. As you were engaged in full-time study during this period, this claimed work experience cannot be counted towards your Canadian work experience for CRS points. As you can only be credited for 1 year of 2 Canadian work experience, this results in a drop in points that falls below the minimum score for the round. In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act and Subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I am not satisfied that you possess the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

My explanation:
- As you know Express entry asks for all the jobs you worked, so I listed all the jobs I had .
- I never just stated that I worked 2 years in Canada, since as you know there is no option to do so.
When I first created my profile ( June 2015) my points were 436 ( same to everyone with 1 year experience).
- Then January 2016, my points jumped to 465 and I got an ITA in Jan, I never thought it was because of my university experience
- Even when I was submitting my application, it did not ask me for any job letters or anything for my universirt postion.

What should I do now?
Can I explain the situation to them? If yes, how can I do it and od you think they will change their minds?
If I do recreate my profile, I am noticing that the draw are at 480, do I have a chance? My work permit is expiring in March 2017.

Sorry for that...

Did you get this letter through Email or in CIC mssg box ?
What is your application status on my cic ?
is it still open or closed ?

Please advise.

cuppabaileys

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

I didn't even know that Express Entry requires you to list all the jobs in Canada. I thought it only asks for your skilled work experience while you have a worker status, not student

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have been waiting for ITA in the last 6 months and still waiting.
I was a Postdoc in a Canadian University for over a year and got the points for Canadian work experience.
Recently I had some problems in getting provincial nomination because in my paycheck CPP and EI was not being deducted. I am wondering if CPP and EI are important for express entry as well.
Due to my experience in PNP, now I am afraid maybe CIC does not accept my work experience if I get invited.
I would highly appreciate if anyone can give some information on the CIC definition of job experience. Are CPP and EI mandatory for job to be valid?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

This is unfortunate but there is nothing you can do as far as I know. You did not have enough points at the time of your ita to meet the threshold for the draw in which you were selected. The rules says that work experience while you're a full time student does not count towards cec so you should not have included that in your profile. We are responsible for ensuring that our profiles accurately reflect our situation even when the system is partly at fault. Good luck.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Question :

How much time it take to update CIC account after getting rejection email ?
Please advise.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

Sorry to hear about your experience. Could you share your time line? When did you get AOR?

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

Sorry to hear this, and I think they calculate the work experience gained during the authorised work permit time, as it says they wont count any experience gained during your study time...!! I think you may have gained that additional 4 months of experience by now and that may make you eligible to claim 2 years of work experience. What you can do is creat another profile and wait for your new ITA, as I think the appeal wont make any difference as you haven't completed 2 years of work exp at the time of ITA as you claimed in your express entry profile. You still have long time on your work permit, so definitely the scores will go down to 465 in next 6 months at least. Or you can try to imrpove you IELtS score if you can to get more points.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
kg_canada said:
Anyone? Your help is much appreciated.
Yes, they want it to be dated after your last visit. We received it during a 1-week visit to the US. It happened to my husband and we had to wait for another one as they asked for a replacement. Maybe you should leave the US earlier before you expect to receive it and ask someone to scan it to you. You calculations may be wrong though, we also tried to calculate probable time of processing based on the trend of FBI processing, but somehow they accelerated and we got it sooner than we thought. Since we got it while he was visiting, they needed an updated one to cover after his visit. Yea, it sucks! Sorry about that.

Aero1french

Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys,

Got refused today to my PR application thru Express entry under CEC because the agent thought my job offer was seasonal although it is my current job since June 2014, but as skilled worker only since January 2015, which was how i was able to apply for PR.
I asked to re-open my case tomorrow, providing a letter of my employer which stipulates that the job is full time, and year round. I called today CIC, and the agent told me i could appeal, due to this misunderstanding...

Hope it's gonna work

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your rejection.

what was your timeline? And why agent thought your job was seasonal? Did you provide reference letter that state your job as full time ?

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Aero1french said:
Hi guys,

Got refused today to my PR application thru Express entry under CEC because the agent thought my job offer was seasonal although it is my current job since June 2014, but as skilled worker only since January 2015, which was how i was able to apply for PR.
I asked to re-open my case tomorrow, providing a letter of my employer which stipulates that the job is full time, and year round. I called today CIC, and the agent told me i could appeal, due to this misunderstanding...

Hope it's gonna work
I hope it works for you.
Can you please tell how you got the rejection letter. was it through email or my cic ?
Did your application status change immediately after getting mssg or email ?

Please advise.

Aero1french

Jul 20, 2016
Well, when i gave my documents i submitted my ongoing contract of my employment, as well as my work permit and in my work history i specified that it has been my job since January 2015 and i've been in the company since June 2014 ( different position, first a low skilled, then a skilled - foreman). I didn't submit a letter from my employer at this time, but strangely, the agent asked me to submit more document after few months, but at no time he asked me any question about my employment, if it was full time, indeterminate and year round.
Once again, it is weird coz i gave my T4 etc, so if the agent looked more deeply, he would have seen it was a full time, year round and indeterminate position..

My Aor was March 6th, documents "provided" in May... so basically it took 5 months to tell me "no".

I will see what happens with my reconsideration request within the next days

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Aero1french said:
Well, when i gave my documents i submitted my ongoing contract of my employment, as well as my work permit and in my work history i specified that it has been my job since January 2015 and i've been in the company since June 2014 ( different position, first a low skilled, then a skilled - foreman). I didn't submit a letter from my employer at this time, but strangely, the agent asked me to submit more document after few months, but at no time he asked me any question about my employment, if it was full time, indeterminate and year round.
Once again, it is weird coz i gave my T4 etc, so if the agent looked more deeply, he would have seen it was a full time, year round and indeterminate position..

My Aor was March 6th, documents "provided" in May... so basically it took 5 months to tell me "no".

I will see what happens with my reconsideration request within the next days
If it CEC I dont think it's matter that are you working permanent, indeterminate or contract. As long as you have 1 year of full timr work exp (52 weeks) then I dont see any problem there, unless its LMIA supported job...!!