+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
I was just reading the last few posts and it got me a little worried. I had applied for PR through EE in Jan 2016 and got a response from CIC objecting my PCs and my application was canceled. In that letter, I had a UCI included. I reapplied after arranging the PC required in march 2016 and selected 'Yes' for the question where it asked If I have ever applied to CIC before.

This is also mentioned in my GCMS notes which currently says eligibility met, criminality and medicals passed and security not started. I was just wondering if selecting yes was the right thing to do or should i have selected no since my application was not processed but returned.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Sanazeh said:
I was just reading the last few posts and it got me a little worried. I had applied for PR through EE in Jan 2016 and got a response from CIC objecting my PCs and my application was canceled. In that letter, I had a UCI included. I reapplied after arranging the PC required in march 2016 and selected 'Yes' for the question where it asked If I have ever applied to CIC before.

This is also mentioned in my GCMS notes which currently says eligibility met, criminality and medicals passed and security not started. I was just wondering if selecting yes was the right thing to do or should i have selected no since my application was not processed but returned.
What do the GCMS notes say about it.. that you had applied before?

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
Cofca said:
Hi fkl,

What do you think of my situation detailed below?
Late in 2014, I applied for Canadian PR using the old system. My application was returned in April 2015 with a detailed letter that my NOC was full as of the time they received my application. There was a UCI Number written in pencil on the first page of my application.

This year, when filling the Express Entry PR online application data, I answered the question on whether I have ever applied for Canadian Permanent Residence: NO.. Basically because answering ‘Yes’ required one to fill a file Number… My application in 2014 never received a file Number; just a UCI No. I tried entering the UCI Number in the file number section but could not be accepted.

However, for the question on: Have you ever applied with IRCC before? I answered YES and this gave me an option to indicate the UCI No. This question was before the Permanent Residence question.

After I sent my documents, I was asked to complete Schedule A and IMM5662E (travel information).. My wife had been refused a Visa by the US and so I had to answer the Visa question. Yes. When giving the explanation to support the answer, I explained why my wife was refused a US Visa and attached the letter obtained from the US Consulate.. I also indicated that my 2014 Canadian PR application was returned due to NOC limit. I attached the letter obtained from IRCC in April 2015.

My question,
I feel like I contradicted myself by answering NO in the online form (now un-editable) and later on indicating that my 2014 PR application was not processed due to NOC limit.

Do you think my application can be rejected because of this??

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1126&top=29

Cofca, please see above. However, answering yes or no shouldn't really matter. I had a similar situation wherein I answered 'Yes' in my online profile (i put in my UCI and all as I had one) but 'No' in my e-APR. I explained the reason behind changing to 'No' based on the info from the link above which i stumbled across whilst filling in my e-APR.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Casperenoch said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1126&top=29

Cofca, please see above. However, answering yes or no shouldn't really matter. I had a similar situation wherein I answered 'Yes' in my online profile (i put in my UCI and all as I had one) but 'No' in my e-APR. I explained the reason behind chnaging to 'No' based on the info from the link above which i stumbled across whilst filling in my e-APR.
Thanks so much Casperenoch,

This thing had me worried for some time... I can now say without a doubt that my application was never considered for processing. So my answer NO is cool.. I don't think there is harm in detailing this in Schedule A and attaching the letter from CIC.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Cofca said:
What do the GCMS notes say about it.. that you had applied before?
It does have the Jan profile in the ' activities'. Also, it mentioned my UCI number which is the same I received in the returned application.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
Cofca said:
Thanks so much Casperenoch,

This thing had me worried for some time... I can now say without a doubt that my application was never considered for processing. So my answer NO is cool.. I don't think there is harm in detailing this in Schedule A and attaching the letter from CIC.
Happy to help out. There's certainly no harm in detailing this in a Schedule A. CIC never penalises you for being open (at least in my experience :)

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
abdulqayyum said:
Hi Flk,

From
(YYYY-MM) To (YYYY-MM)
2003-05 2004-08
2000-01 2003-05
1999-04 1999-12
1997-03 1999-04

can you see any gap in it? will the dates mentioned in bold text be considered as gap? i finished one activity at the end of month and started next activity by 1st of next month.

Pls advise.
Hi Abdul,

This is perfectly fine. There is no gap considered in these situations. You are safe.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
luv2read90 said:
Did anyone find out if we have to scan the all the pages of our passport?? Does this include the blank pages??

Yes you have to include all pages including the blank one. My application got rejected as one of my blank passport page was missed.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravs77 said:
Yes you have to include all pages including the blank one. My application got rejected as one of my blank passport page was missed.
What? Are you talking about PR application? I know for OINP you need to scan all pages, but I am pretty sure for PR you only need to include any page with mark on it.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
ravs77 said:
at what level your application was rejected, is it after Passport Request,
However, this is unbelieveable reason of rejectioned.

i included only bio detail first 2 pages.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
ravs77 said:
Dude..Are you serious?? I received PPR 2 days ago..I only scanned bio page!!

CAD_CAD

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
ravs77 said:
Sorry to hear about your rejection. Could you please elaborate more on the fact of your rejection? Was it through Express Entry? You should only include Bio page (and not even stamped pages) according to the link below:
wwwDOTcic.gcDOTca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-completeDOTasp

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravs77 said:
This makes me very nervous. I included the bio page and the Visa stamped pages of all countries I visited. I even included a list of the countries I visited and the travel duration for countries where my passport was not stamped.

Oh man I am seriously tensed and panicking now :(

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
ravs77 said:

Can everyone chill out a bit and do some research? I have done thorough research regarding the passport submission.

For OINP you have to include every single page, even blank ones
For PR/EE you only need the bio pages and stamps pages..

Hope this helps :D

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lannguyen said:
Can everyone chill out a bit and do some research? I have done thorough research regarding the passport submission.

For OINP you have to include every single page, even blank ones
For PR/EE you only need the bio pages and stamps pages..

Hope this helps :D
Thanks for this post. Cheers me up a little bit :)