Reasons for Rejection

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just heard of an EE applicant from Northern Ireland - reason for rejection that they didn't provide a Police Certificate from 'Republic of Ireland'. Applicant never lived in REPUBLIC of IRELAND, and did provide a police certificate from the PSNI (POLICE SERVICE of NORTHERN IRELAND). CIC have rejected a few applications on this criteria. This is a CIC error, contrary to the case officer's knowledge - Northern Ireland is part of the UK. The individual has sent a Case Specific Enquiry and contacted their MP. Anybody here been successful in this situation?

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
hambousha said:
Hello guys
Any list of all of the reasons mentioned ?too many pages
General

1. Issues with PCC
a. Specific for India: only states one address but applicant has stayed in at least 2 or more addresses not covered in the PCC.
b. Not getting PCC for all countries where the applicant has stayed for more than 6 months in the last 10 years

2. Education Credentials Assessment and Proof of Education overall
a. Original transcript of records and diploma not included in submission
b. ECA report not uploaded in submission
c. Education profile not transferred correctly/completely from EE profile to eAPR e.g. Bachelor's level in EE profile, but transferred as Diploma level only in eAPR
d. ECA report not accessible online to CIC (just recently known). Only applicable to ECA assessment 2014 and back.

3. Significant discrepancy between declared NOC versus job duties/titles in reference letter of employment

4. Documents in any language aside from English or French not translated

5. Invalid medical exam
a. Got examined for Temporary Visa while applying for Permanent Resident visa

5. Proof of funds
a. Any kind of inconsistency or gap with the bank certificate and bank statements
b. Age of funds not more than 6 months back and missing gift deed/s or any proof that the money is a gift compared to being borrowed

For applicants applying under CEC

1. Job offer not stating Permanent

2. No LMIA

Canadahustler

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Hello guys, i have a question. I have submitted my application on the 19th of january. I have a bachelor and masters degree but i have only done eca for my masters degree. I got the masters degree in 2015. Bachelors in 2012. I have 2 years of work experience between 2012 and 2014. Whilst creating / submitting my profile. I did not indicate my bachelors degree. I only specified it in the personal history section. The question now is, since it is an application for FSW, will i be rejected based on no proof of bachelors degree hence my experience wouldn't count "a bachelors degree is required for my NOC". I have the transcripts and certificate for the bachelors degree, i just didnt know i could still declare without doing an ECA for it. It doesn't affect my CRS score in any way, im just worried that it might affect my experience as a bachelors degree is required.

My medicals have passed, background check has started and gone back to not needed at this time.

Should i send a CSE with my bachelors degree and a polite letter to CIC explaining all these?

$iv@

Nov 17, 2015
Hi all,

I need your valuable suggestion immediately pls.
Is anyone is being rejected or accepted by CIC by giving letter of explanation for not submitting FBI clearance report since it is taking 15 weeks.

I have received ITA on Jan 1st week, and i have applied for USA Police certificate.
The processing time for FBI is 15 weeks, so i don't have any time.

In any case, have they rejected, because of USA Police certificate.
When i spoke to FBI customer care, they told CIC knows their processing time well, So can i submit my application with LOE for USA police certificate.
Another country like India police certificate are available with me.

1. If I decline the ITA now, dont know whether i will receive the ITA again ?????.

Please check the below link for declining ITA invitation from CIC in below.

"Declining an Invitation to Apply
If you decline an invitation, you will be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates (as long as you still meet the minimum criteria) to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

You may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example, if you got additional points for a job offer but the job is no longer available to you, you may need to get another job offer. Or, if you got married or entered into a common-law relationship, you will have to update your Express Entry profile.

There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again. But, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation will not have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 60 days, the invitation will expire and you will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations.
To re-enter the pool, you must complete a new profile and meet the minimum criteria"
The above information is from CIC website.

2.If i send Letter of explanation for not submitting the FBI report since it is taking more than 15 weeks from the date of apply.
Will they accepted, because in CIC site, they mention special notes about this but not very clear, please tell your suggestion.
"Special notes and considerations

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes. If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
It is possible that the FBI will take longer than 60 days to process a request for a police certificate. If you require an FBI police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply."

."

I am ONIP provincee nominee. Please clarify and share your mail id.

Thanks,
Siv

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
helenaD said:
Just heard of an EE applicant from Northern Ireland - reason for rejection that they didn't provide a Police Certificate from 'Republic of Ireland'. Applicant never lived in REPUBLIC of IRELAND, and did provide a police certificate from the PSNI (POLICE SERVICE of NORTHERN IRELAND). CIC have rejected a few applications on this criteria. This is a CIC error, contrary to the case officer's knowledge - Northern Ireland is part of the UK. The individual has sent a Case Specific Enquiry and contacted their MP. Anybody here been successful in this situation?
Was that certificate applied through ACRO with the ACPO header? That's the UK police certificate accepted for immigration to Canada. It looks like this: http://apps.interpol-world.com/Emanual/Storage/Uploads/Forms/e3301e61-f1bb-4f11-8945-f0c1abd1da03.jpg

Here's the link on the PSNI website: http://www.psni.police.uk/index/advice-and-legislation/information_about_yourself/emigration_and_visa_disclosures.htm

If it was properly applied through ACRO, that's a good reason for the case to be reopened. The Northern Ireland instructions on CIC's website direct to the UK:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/Northern-Ireland.asp

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Canadahustler said:
Hello guys, i have a question. I have submitted my application on the 19th of january. I have a bachelor and masters degree but i have only done eca for my masters degree. I got the masters degree in 2015. Bachelors in 2012. I have 2 years of work experience between 2012 and 2014. Whilst creating / submitting my profile. I did not indicate my bachelors degree. I only specified it in the personal history section. The question now is, since it is an application for FSW, will i be rejected based on no proof of bachelors degree hence my experience wouldn't count "a bachelors degree is required for my NOC". I have the transcripts and certificate for the bachelors degree, i just didnt know i could still declare without doing an ECA for it. It doesn't affect my CRS score in any way, im just worried that it might affect my experience as a bachelors degree is required.

My medicals have passed, background check has started and gone back to not needed at this time.

Should i send a CSE with my bachelors degree and a polite letter to CIC explaining all these?
You should definitely do that.
Here I assume, your Masters was assessed as Masters in Canadian equivalency.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
$iv@ said:
When i spoke to FBI customer care, they told CIC knows their processing time well, So can i submit my application with LOE for USA police certificate.
Another country like India police certificate are available with me.
Yes, with your e-APR please submit an LoE, most likely you will get an extension for FBI PCC.

This is from Forum knowledge, as many applicants have got an extension earlier.

$iv@

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks CanadaWelcome !!
So i can go ahead and sumbit my e-APR right ??
Once i received the FBI report, how cani submit later? by Case Specific Enqquiry Form ahh ?
How i will get the extension from CIC ?
Do you know anyone from the forum faced this situation ??

Please update.

Thanks.
CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, with your e-APR please submit an LoE, most likely you will get an extension for FBI PCC.

This is from Forum knowledge, as many applicants have got an extension earlier.

Canadahustler

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
CanadaWeCome said:
You should definitely do that.
Here I assume, your Masters was assessed as Masters in Canadian equivalency.
Yes it was. Thanks

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
$iv@ said:
Thanks CanadaWelcome !!
So i can go ahead and sumbit my e-APR right ??
Once i received the FBI report, how cani submit later? by Case Specific Enqquiry Form ahh ?
How i will get the extension from CIC ?
Do you know anyone from the forum faced this situation ??

Please update.

Thanks.
Yes, you will update through CSE.

CIC will send you an extension mail, after you submit your application.

I don't remember the handle, but you can search for it in the forum, or wait for someone who has gone though this route to reply.

$iv@

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks CanadaWelcome.
Guys, whoever faced this suitation, Pls..... respond as earliest......

I need your valuable replies.

Thanks,
Siv

CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, you will update through CSE.

CIC will send you an extension mail, after you submit your application.

I don't remember the handle, but you can search for it in the forum, or wait for someone who has gone though this route to reply.

PayalD

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all
I got my pccc done from regional psk and I have been living here for past ten years.
The pcc mentions " there is no evidence against me with so n so passport number issued at so n so date that prevents her from travel outside india including visa for CANADA."
They have nowhere mentioned permanent visa.

Second, I got medicals done from a panel physician.
His stamp is thr on medical document given to me.
But it also mentiones Immigration & authorising electronic access of my report to cic.the eMedical thing.
I hope this means medical for permanent visa only.
Are these documents fine for not getting rejection on these grounds ?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
PayalD said:
Hi all
I got my pccc done from regional psk and I have been living here for past ten years.
The pcc mentions " there is no evidence against me with so n so passport number issued at so n so date that prevents her from travel outside india including visa for CANADA."
They have nowhere mentioned permanent visa.

Second, I got medicals done from a panel physician.
His stamp is thr on medical document given to me.
But it also mentiones Immigration & authorising electronic access of my report to cic.the eMedical thing.
I hope this means medical for permanent visa only.
Are these documents fine for not getting rejection on these grounds ?
PCC is absolutely fine, if it is from your 18th birthday.

Upfront Medicals for PR should be Non-EDE Worker category.