August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
I had thought its not compulsory to have ECA for your foreign education,
He has a canadian degree, and one year canadian work experience! The second degree i am sure he has its a post graduate degree so refusing him based on ECA to me is amazing!

From CIC website, it states "If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.
This is not mandatory if:
•you got at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
•your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).

By the way did you include transcripts for your foreign education and canadian degree?

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
KelChiAvan said:
He has a canadian degree, and one year canadian work experience! The second degree i am sure he has its a post graduate degree so refusing him based on ECA to me is amazing!

From CIC website, it states "If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.

By the way did you include transcripts for your foreign education and canadian degree?
Yes, but he cannot claim extra points for a degree that is not assessed.

I wonder how he filled the EE profile? Did you mention somewhere that you have two or more post-grad degrees or the system has decided? Did you mention that you don't have an ECA for your bachelors? if you have a right setting and its system fault that gave you extra points, you may raise a CSE. But I really doubt that you can get anywhere by this.

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
KelChiAvan said:

He has a "Canadian Certificate" and a foreign Bachelor Degree. There is a huge difference between a "certificate" and a "Bachelor degree". Obviously the Bachelor is the higher one and will give the most points in his case. Therefore, he needs an ECA for the foreign bachelor which was done outside to Canada.

For any education outside of Canada that you are claiming points for, you will need an ECA. For any education in Canada you do not need an ECA.

You need one year Canadian Experience to qualify for CEC. You need one year foreign experience in the last 10 years to qualify for FSW.

The rules were very clear to me at least.

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
They require the highest degree (outside Canada) to be evaluated. certificates are not higher than bachelors degree.

I had a masters and bachelors both outside Canada. I got evaluation for only masters and it worked out fine.

Go in to pool again and meanwhile get an evaluation for your highest degree.

Best of luck!

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've got a question,

If I was assessed using the below wordings

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelors degree (three years) and Bachelors degree (four years)

The three years is for my Bachelor's degree and the four years is for my Masters of Arts degree. Can I claim "Two or more degree, diploma, certificate" under EE profile?

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA2133 said:
Yes, but he cannot claim extra points for a degree that is not assessed.

I wonder how he filled the EE profile? Did you mention somewhere that you have two or more post-grad degrees or the system has decided? Did you mention that you don't have an ECA for your bachelors? if you have a right setting and its system fault that gave you extra points, you may raise a CSE. But I really doubt that you can get anywhere by this.
When he fill EE profile he put 1 year vocational diploma ( certificate of qualification) in his country...There was no question about ECA ...after he put this 1 year vocational diploma the next question was if he was rewarded with an Canadian certificated of qualification and we put ye because he has Red Seal

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warquezho said:
I've got a question,

The three years is for my Bachelor's degree and the four years is for my Masters of Arts degree. Can I claim "Two or more degree, diploma, certificate" under EE profile?
Yes

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warquezho said:
I've got a question,

Unless you really have 7 years of college education, No. This probably means that your Bachelors and Masters were collectively assessed as equivalent to a single 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@avisad,
Thanks for your comment, I already understand your explanation :D

@chaitanyaprsd1,
Thanks for your comment, Can you elaborate why?

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
when u fill out your education, they ask you if you had an ECA done for that education, if he answered No then i dont think he should be given point for that... except the system automatically adds two degree together with the years and awards you point.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warquezho said:
@avisad,
Thanks for your comment, I already understand your explanation :D

@chaitanyaprsd1,
Thanks for your comment, Can you elaborate why?
My understanding is CES would be just bachelors degree (4 years) if both of your degree's have been evaluated as a single Degree.

As CES says bachelors degree (3 years) and bachelos degree (4 years), I presume it is evaluated separately. My statement is subject to correction.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelChiAvan said:
when u fill out your education, they ask you if you had an ECA done for that education, if he answered No then i dont think he should be given point for that... except the system automatically adds two degree together with the years and awards you point.
Is this for me? If yes well here is what I did,

I put two education under EE profile because I did two assessment. One for Bachelor and got an ECA# and an upgraded assessment for Masters and another ECA#

1. Bachelor (equate as 3y Bachelor ) and put Canadian Bachelor.
2. Masteral (equate as 4y Bachelor ) and put Two or more degrees.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
My understanding is CES would be just bachelors degree (4 years) if both of your degree's have been evaluated as a single Degree.

As CES says bachelors degree (3 years) and bachelos degree (4 years), I presume it is evaluated separately. My statement is subject to correction.
Hi Chaitanyaprsd1,

Yup, that was the wordings in our ECA. Well, I don't have a choice either. If CIC deemed that my understanding is correct then by all means I thank them 8). But if it is not, then I guess I cannot do anything, hence they will reject it.

Hoping for the best!

canin68

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everyone,
I m new to this forum. I want to get reviews on my case. I got refusal on my application as cic havnt got CELPIP results. It was because of system glitch .
A.O.R.-Aug 23th
doc req- aug 26th CELPIP (submtd same day)
Refusal- Sep 24th
CSE- Sep 25th
Response- Oct 15th got email that file has been trasmitted to officer for reinstate/review
Now m worried is it good sign and is it a possibilty that application will reopen and how long will it take
thanks
canin68

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canin68 said:
Hello everyone,
I m new to this forum. I want to get reviews on my case. I got refusal on my application as cic havnt got CELPIP results. It was because of system glitch .
A.O.R.-Aug 23th
doc req- aug 26th CELPIP (submtd same day)
Refusal- Sep 24th
CSE- Sep 25th
Response- Oct 15th got email that file has been trasmitted to officer for reinstate/review
Now m worried is it good sign and is it a possibilty that application will reopen and how long will it take
thanks
canin68
Yes I believe this is good.

Usually the response from a CSE would be that your case is not eligible for review.

It will most likely get reopened and hopefully in a speedy manner.