+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nastasya said:
I applied for BC PNP since this is the province i live in.
Yes, I had to make a note on my cic that i have a PNP and then province has send me a nomination which i had to accept thru CIC account and my score was raised by 600 points.
This is my guessing...

You applied under International graduate stream in BC PNP and have been working for more than 1 year. You qualified under CEC but your job offer is not qualifying job offer (The one with LMIA) that is inline with federal EE system.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the BC EE PNP shouldn't have issued the PNP for Job that is not supported by LMIA (not qualifying job offer). It has to be inline with the federal system that relies heavily on LMIA.

I hope I am wrong, Senior members, your thought please..

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hansdza said:
This is my guessing...

You applied under International graduate stream in BC PNP and have been working for more than 1 year. You qualified under CEC but your job offer is not qualifying job offer (The one with LMIA) that is inline with federal EE system.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the BC EE PNP shouldn't have issued the PNP for Job that is not supported by LMIA (not qualifying job offer). It has to be inline with the federal system that relies heavily on LMIA.

I hope I am wrong, Senior members, your thought please..
As far as i know , you can be applicable for CEC without LMA/LMIA otherwise why did they told me that i met all requirements. There was a question do you have LMo/LMIA and i answered no , however my job falls under B category and i have over 1 year of experience so they decided that i\m applicable to be selected under CEC .

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Just confirming once more - those cec itas who selected yes to job offer and no to lmia, can change answer to no to nob offer while filling e-APR? right? And explain in loe that that was by mistake?

I can provide everything except lmia. I can get a letter from hr wiith permanent and indefinite and non seasonal mentjoned on it. Should i still select NO TO job offer in eAPR?
Confused after reading that they rejected sm1 based on ee profile information. Need some opinions guys.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
uxd said:
Just confirming once more - those cec itas who selected yes to job offer and no to lmia, can change answer to no to nob offer while filling e-APR? right? And explain in loe that that was by mistake?

I can provide everything except lmia. I can get a letter from hr wiith permanent and indefinite and non seasonal mentjoned on it. Should i still select NO TO job offer in eAPR?
Confused after reading that they rejected sm1 based on ee profile information. Need some opinions guys.
yes you have to select no to job offer. and no to lmia.
But in your work experience mention how long and where you worked and all paperwrok they require from HR department (like paystubs, employment agreement, etc)

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
nastasya said:
As far as i know , you can be applicable for CEC without LMA/LMIA otherwise why did they told me that i met all requirements. There was a question do you have LMo/LMIA and i answered no , however my job falls under B category and i have over 1 year of experience so they decided that i\m applicable to be selected under CEC .
I think it was a bug in the system. You should have been invited under PNP. I hope they fixed it by now. Cause in MyCiC account it says once you accepted PNP, you cannot be selected under CEC or FSW, only PNP. This is smth to watch out tomorrow. Hope it works out for you!

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nastasya said:
That is correct, you have been working in Canada for more than i year. Hence, you are eligible under CEC. Back to my question did you receive the BC PNP under International Graduate category?

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
nastasya said:
But in your work experience mention how long and where you worked and all paperwrok they require from HR department (like paystubs, employment agreement, etc)
Thanks Nastasya. You are talking about correcting the mistake in e-APR (as opposed to EE profile after ITA) right?

lengjingren

Jan 11, 2011
Thank You for all the people who reply to my post. I double checked my employer reference letter.it was mentioned that my job is a full time job.but did not mention the hours I worked every week since my hours was variesdue to the work load.But anyway,I do not know.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hansdza said:
That is correct, you have been working in Canada for more than i year. Hence, you are eligible under CEC. Back to my question did you receive the BC PNP under International Graduate category?
yes , i applied for pnp under international graduate category

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
nastasya said:

To clear confusion and misconception

1. While creating Express Entry Profile, I entered I have valid job offer and selected Work permit required LMIA not required.

Solution: I can change my answer to 'No' to valid job offer letter while I submit my application with ITA - so my generic document checklist will remove Offer Letter (most likely)

And it also does not affect my score because I was not given 600 points in CRS for my job offer :)

Reese88

May 29, 2015
Please guide. I got a refusal letter this morning because of Lmia issue. I created a new EE profile but missing 27 points. The CIC stated the recalculated points so I expect I'll be getting the same. All info ECA CELPIP and other info were entered correctly I wonder what I did wrong

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nastasya said:
yes , i applied for pnp under international graduate category
The reason I'm asking is because to be eligible for this you have to have LMIA. The following is from the BC PNP website

In order to be eligible for consideration under this category, in addition to meeting CIC’s Express Entry requirements, you must meet the BC PNP’s International Graduate category requirements:

Your program of study, and post-secondary institution must meet eligibility criteria;
You must have been offered and have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer in a skilled occupation as outlined in the National Occupational Classification Matrix;
You must be qualified to perform the duties of the job offered to you;
You must demonstrate that you are able to support yourself (and your dependents);
You must have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada;
You may be required to meet minimum language requirements; and,
As this is a joint application submitted with your employer, your employer must also meet eligibility criteria.

The Skills Immigration and EEBC streams of the BC PNP are employer-driven and are designed to help B.C. businesses attract and retain international workers and students to meet B.C.’s labour market needs

If you look at the Employer requirement

Employers must satisfy recruitment requirements in order for the BC PNP to ensure that the hiring of the foreign worker will not adversely affect employment or development opportunities for local candidates (Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents).

To my understanding, This is LMIA, which is inline with federal regulation of and requirement for 600 additional points in your EE profile.

Did your employer fulfill this requirement when you apply BC PNP?

To Senior members particularly Asivad Anac, please help

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hansdza said:
The reason I'm asking is because to be eligible for this you have to have LMIA. The following is from the BC PNP website

In order to be eligible for consideration under this category, in addition to meeting CIC's Express Entry requirements, you must meet the BC PNP's International Graduate category requirements:

Your program of study, and post-secondary institution must meet eligibility criteria;
You must have been offered and have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer in a skilled occupation as outlined in the National Occupational Classification Matrix;
You must demonstrate that you are able to support yourself (and your dependents);
As this is a joint application submitted with your employer, your employer must also meet eligibility criteria.

The Skills Immigration and EEBC streams of the BC PNP are employer-driven and are designed to help B.C. businesses attract and retain international workers and students to meet B.C.'s labour market needs

Employers must satisfy recruitment requirements in order for the BC PNP to ensure that the hiring of the foreign worker will not adversely affect employment or development opportunities for local candidates (Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents).

To my understanding, This is LMIA, which is inline with federal regulation of and requirement for 600 additional points in your EE profile.

You are wrong. LMIA is not mentioned therefore not applicable. I thought she/he already explained everything.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hansdza said:

In order to be eligible for consideration under this category, in addition to meeting CIC's Express Entry requirements, you must meet the BC PNP's International Graduate category requirements:

The Skills Immigration and EEBC streams of the BC PNP are employer-driven and are designed to help B.C. businesses attract and retain international workers and students to meet B.C.'s labour market needs

BC PNP doesnt require an LMIA.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
c.james said:
To clear confusion and misconception

1. While creating Express Entry Profile, I entered I have valid job offer and selected Work permit required LMIA not required.

Solution: I can change my answer to 'No' to valid job offer letter while I submit my application with ITA - so my generic document checklist will remove Offer Letter (most likely)

And it also does not affect my score because I was not given 600 points in CRS for my job offer :)
I agree. But when it is clearly stated that the job offer is just a job offer and not a "valid job offer", wouldnt this be misrepresentation since I have a permanent non seasonal and fulltime work? ALthough not supported by LMIA (for which I have mentioned NO already)?