+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

purplejade

Jun 25, 2015
@ Purplejade please were you in your home country between Oct 2013 and April 2014?

Yes, he's in our home country between these months.. He used that PCC dated Oct 2013 for visa application. It's good till Oct 2014 wherein he's here already.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Help!!
Do I need to upload my university transcript when uploading the ECA report and education certificates?
Thank you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Help!!
Do I need to upload my university transcript when uploading the ECA report and education certificates?
Thank you!
No. Upload as much as is asked. I don't think the system asks for transcripts.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Help!!
Thank you!
I uploaded mine since that is what I used to get an ECA. It depends on you.

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hi ladies and gents
Does any body know the estimated time for a refund? Cancelled may 19 , I sent a cse with the new pcc on the 27th. No reply and no refund.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Help!!
Thank you!
Please do. There is no such thing as too much info for CIC but there is def. something called not enough info. lol

so it won't do you any harm to add more docs.

purplejade

Jun 25, 2015
Hi ladies and gents
Does any body know the estimated time for a refund? Cancelled may 19 , I sent a cse with the new pcc on the 27th. No reply and no refund.

I have requested for a refund as well and they replied it takes 4-6weeks before I can get it.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETE said:
The key word here is "experienced and smart consultants". If you want a consultant to help with such life changing situation, then it is your duty to make sure you go for consultants who are knowledgeable and who have a track record of success.
However, the advices given on this forum are legit ones and they have helped people in their applications. Do not belittle the information that is gotten on here. Besides, these people are not paid and yet they go out of their way to help people. I for one have benefited from these forums and also from speaking to qualified immigration consultants.
Asivad has helped a lot of people on this forum including me and so i understand what she/he is saying. She/he means you just have to be careful when deciding whether to use a consultant or not.
I don't belittle advices given on this forum, but my standpoint is that one shouldn't follow them blindly.
An immigration consultant is paid to focus on and find solutions for your specific case and circumstances, trying to bring out the best of your situation.
On immigration forums what typically happens is that everyone is speaking from their past experience and interpret the rules based on this experience only.
For example I can go now and read the rules of processing FSW applications, but my interpretation and my consultant's interpretation would probably be very different.
She knows how to apply those rules to my situation and sort of 'forward think for me', while I don't.Simply because she knows what CIC expects from those rules and can extrapolate them for me.
As you also mentioned, he/she has to be a smart and dedicated person, otherwise I agree with Asivad that it isn't worth throwing the money out the window.

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
purplejade said:
Hi ladies and gents

I have requested for a refund as well and they replied it takes 4-6weeks before I can get it.
Thank you, I guess i will have to wait a week or 2.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
No. Upload as much as is asked. I don't think the system asks for transcripts.
Hello Asivad,

Are you sure it is okay to upload as much as is asked? For example, in order to claim points for adaptability I uploaded my family register which shows that my brother is actually my brother (common parents) and I uploaded a notarised copy of his Canadian passport to prove that he is a citizen.

However, my paranoia and excessive googling these days led me to see cases where no adaptability points were given (pre EE case) because of failure to prove that the relative is actually living in Canada. This caught me by surprise since it does not ask for such documents to be uploaded when you are uploading documents to prove adaptability. I would love to hear your thoughts about this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Hello Asivad,

Are you sure it is okay to upload as much as is asked? For example, in order to claim points for adaptability I uploaded my family register which shows that my brother is actually my brother (common parents) and I uploaded a notarised copy of his Canadian passport to prove that he is a citizen.

However, my paranoia and excessive googling these days led me to see cases where no adaptability points were given (pre EE case) because of failure to prove that the relative is actually living in Canada. This caught me by surprise since it does not ask for such documents to be uploaded when you are uploading documents to prove adaptability. I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
Can't comment on something that I haven't experienced firsthand so will refrain from making any observations about pre-EE adaptability documentation requirements.

That particular comment was made in the context of uploading transcripts in addition to ECA and copy of degree/diploma. I know for a fact that the system prompts the applicant to upload ECA and copy of degree/diploma. It doesn't ask for the transcript at all. That's why I said, "Upload as much as is asked for". And I do believe that it is a general rule for documentation. The only clear exception to this is when you don't have the relevant documentation and you try and submit whatever you have along with a letter of explanation. And that is perfectly fine because you want to maximize the chances of selection in the absence of the relevant and right document. One need not do that where one possesses the right document.

An example is bank statement(s). All of us have incredibly complex relationships with our bank(s) but most of that isn't relevant to CIC. All they care about is if you can showcase unencumbered funds in your bank account and be able to explain the source(s) of those funds if needed. So all one sends as POF is a bank statement/certificate issued by the concerned bank.

Hope that clarifies.

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
I got cancellation as incomplete upon 9th draw, because I uploaded only WES credential report without transcript & graduation certificate. However, there still left another concerns because CIC didn't look over my application all, so my another application also might be canceled due to uncertain reasons which make me frustrated. Most big concern I have is that I stayed in Serbia less than 6 months (5 months + 12 days) in which I had short trip to other countries several times, so I thought it's not passed by 6 months nor not continuous in a row, so I didn't prepare Serbia PCC yet.

After the cancellation, I wrote Case specific inquiry in a hope that CIC can help to re-open my case, but there's no feedback yet for a week, and today I got an another ITA again before
I got a clear advice about Serbia PCC above. Should I prepare Serbia PCC before submitting application again? Can anyone advise clearly? It feels like I'm walking in dark foggy night with no light...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toe2head said:
I got cancellation as incomplete upon 9th draw, because I uploaded only WES credential report without transcript & graduation certificate. However, there still left another concerns because CIC didn't look over my application all, so my another application also might be canceled due to uncertain reasons which make me frustrated. Most big concern I have is that I stayed in Serbia less than 6 months (5 months + 12 days) in which I had short trip to other countries several times, so I thought it's not passed by 6 months nor not continuous in a row, so I didn't prepare Serbia PCC yet.

After the cancellation, I wrote Case specific inquiry in a hope that CIC can help to re-open my case, but there's no feedback yet for a week, and today I got an another ITA again before
I got a clear advice about Serbia PCC above. Should I prepare Serbia PCC before submitting application again? Can anyone advise clearly? It feels like I'm walking in dark foggy night with no light...
If you've stayed there for less than 6 months, you don't need a PCC. The rules are absolutely clear on this one.

Hope you get a positive response on your CSE!

All the best!

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
Dear Asivad,

The duration is from Dec 12th, 2011 to May 25th, 2012, is it considered to be 6 months or not?
It seems to be so confusing how CIC counts it.

Asivad Anac said:
If you've stayed there for less than 6 months, you don't need a PCC. The rules are absolutely clear on this one.

Hope you get a positive response on your CSE!

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toe2head said:
Dear Asivad,

The duration is from Dec 12th, 2011 to May 25th, 2012, is it considered to be 6 months or not?
It seems to be so confusing how CIC counts it.
6 months to the day. If you had stayed back till June 12th 2012, you would have needed the PCC. Not in this case.