+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
When do you suspect the Standard documentation check takes place under E.E? Is it when someone's status changes to Background Check : In Progress?

If a person has been issued a 2'nd AOR would you believe he/she has completed this documentation check?

Always fun to try and make sense of the process EE applications are undergoing ::)
I suspect it starts much earlier than that.

The first step in EE is Medicals. If that fails, easiest to stop processing further. The parallel step though could be checking program eligibility. And the BG process starts right here because, for random applicants, CIC might call the employers, institutions etc to verify details where required.

PCC would be the final step of the process needed ONLY for eligible applicants to ascertain if they are a criminal risk to Canada.

Probably, an ECAS of 'Application Received' means that medicals are passed, file has been hosted on GCMS and eligibility checks are underway. 'In Process' would ideally indicate that eligibility checks are done and criminality checks are underway. Or so I guess.

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Hello Experts

Not sue if this is discussed

I have my full name in my passport i.e complete first name and last name but all marks cards and degree certificates have last name initial only for e.g Naveen J instead of Naveen Javed. can this be reason for rejection ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chethan_blr said:
Hello Experts

Not sue if this is discussed

I have my full name in my passport i.e complete first name and last name but all marks cards and degree certificates have last name initial only for e.g Naveen J instead of Naveen Javed. can this be reason for rejection ?
Unlikely. CIC recognizes the fact that this is commonplace in many cultures.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Medical issues - is it known what can be a reason for rejection here?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duskyblue said:
Medical issues - is it known what can be a reason for rejection here?
Having any serious, life-threatening illnesses which can cause strain on the Canadian system.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Having any serious, life-threatening illnesses which can cause strain on the Canadian system.
Even TB is an issue right?

Cansmk

Jul 19, 2015
okbangaram said:
Hey Guys,

I created a separate thread. I am also posting here because this thread is sticky and will get a lot more visibility.

People are getting rejected left and right. Sometimes due to their own negligence. Sometimes due to system glitches and sometimes due to getting to the wrong VO.
I compiled a list of around 50 actual rejection cases compiled from the Canada Visa forum.

It is a live document. You can contribute to it by leaving a comment. Anyone can comment on it but you can't delete stuff from it.

Please do contribute and help yourself and others succeed as well.

Thanks okbangaram for Compiling .. Wonderful job .. All at one place

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
hi Guys ,
I have one concern . in the application process after ITA , it says to list out from high school to post secondary . i have masters. i got my credential evalauated through WES where i gave post secondary and the report has such information about my bachelors and master with the canadian equivalency. In the form however when i list secondary and high school it asks whether this degree/certificate was evaluated.
Questions
a) should i also give details of my secondary and high school ? i think we should ?
b) What should be my answer for WES certfied for high school (11,12) and secondary (10). I think the WES report only master and bachelor as they ask for post secondary things
c) I did not did WES for my wife and rightly so was not awared any point ? She has done secondary education from India and her degree is in native language (Hindi) ? is it cause of concern even though i have not been awarded any points ? rest of her education high secondary , bachelors , masters are in english so i guess i will be fine there.
d) Also for secondary 10th education , it says from date and to date. in from date should i include the year from grade 1 or grade 9 is enough ? genearally we study from 1 to 10 right . i have given year from grade 9 .

Please assist . i dont want to make any stupid mistake that can cause issues later.

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
I would like to know what should be the date of job offer coming from employer? the date after you received your ITA or before that date? TIA

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asdmhee said:
I would like to know what should be the date of job offer coming from employer? the date after you received your ITA or before that date? TIA
Any date before you start working for the employer. Job offer letter date has nothing to do with ITA date. If you meant work reference letter, that can be dated before or after ITA depending on when you were last employed in that job.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shku_2704 said:
hi Guys ,
I have one concern . in the application process after ITA , it says to list out from high school to post secondary . i have masters. i got my credential evalauated through WES where i gave post secondary and the report has such information about my bachelors and master with the canadian equivalency. In the form however when i list secondary and high school it asks whether this degree/certificate was evaluated.
Questions
a) should i also give details of my secondary and high school ? i think we should ?
b) What should be my answer for WES certfied for high school (11,12) and secondary (10). I think the WES report only master and bachelor as they ask for post secondary things
c) I did not did WES for my wife and rightly so was not awared any point ? She has done secondary education from India and her degree is in native language (Hindi) ? is it cause of concern even though i have not been awarded any points ? rest of her education high secondary , bachelors , masters are in english so i guess i will be fine there.
d) Also for secondary 10th education , it says from date and to date. in from date should i include the year from grade 1 or grade 9 is enough ? genearally we study from 1 to 10 right . i have given year from grade 9 .

Please assist . i dont want to make any stupid mistake that can cause issues later.
You are over thinking this. Just input your Bachelors onwards. For your spouse's education, no cause for concern since you aren't claiming points.

lengjingren

Jan 11, 2011
I just got my rejection of my app last week. said that my financial doc is not satisfied for my work experience. I have submitted T4, notice of assessment, for the two years I had worked for my employer. and both hours and wage rates are far above the requirement. I have explored this forum and notice that lots of people did not submit the monthly payment notice and still get approved. I am at my wit end. Please give me some idea of what happened and what should I do