+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016
Hello All,

under statutory questions in personal history, there is this question:

"Has SR been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

My previous application was rejected as my PCC was more than 6 months old.

Should I answer Yes and provide an explanation in the space provided or does this question mean something else?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Best,
SR

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
I've actually never seen anyone in this situation so I can't comment on it.

However, this raises another potential problem. Let's say you apply for PR and you do get your study permit, once you move to Quebec you'll be required to update IRCC with your Quebec address if your PR application is in process.

Once you do that you'll most likely receive a letter of intent in which you must convince the officer that you intend to reside outside the province of Quebec. If your argument as well as proof does not convince the officer then your application will get rejected again.
Oh gosh :/
but at least I would be able to continue my study in Canada then reapply to EE if I move out of Quebec right?

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hi Forum members,

I received ITA on 17th May 2017 and all set to lodge my file either end of this week or mid of next week. But currently I am into dilemma of couple of confusions where I need suggestions and directions.

1. I have got black and white print out of all the original documents(educational, birth certificate, passport, employee reference letter, pay slips, form 16s, appraisal letter, apponitment letter, medical, pcc, pofs i.e. bank letters and bank statements etc.) followed by the notorization and scan (for upload).

Is it fine or I need to have the colored scan of all the original documents(followed by notorization and scan?).

2. For justifying the travel history, I will be providing scan copies of all visas (for countries where travelled) along with Immigration stamps. I have two queries here i.e.
(a) Couple of visas and immigration stamps are on old passport so I will be only scanning those specific pages and attach as part of overall travel document with explanation in Travel Document LOE. Is it fine?(not attaching the bio pages of old passport covering old passport number, birth date, name, address etc.)
(b) I have US valid B1/B2 visa (till 2025) and had UK business vis (expired in Apr 2017). I have/had these visas but never travelled to these countries. Should I still include these Visas passport pages scanned and uploaded as part of the overall travel document?

Please guide me so that I can have the changes done if needed.

I am waiting for the kind response.
Hi,
All documents need to be colored copy. Black and white with a certified true copy may face rejection.

For your passport, you are supposed to scan both old and new passport from page 1 to the last page. Even if there are no stamps on certain pages, it must be scanned as well. In addition, all 4 corners of the passport must be shown. The best way to get this done is to go to a photocopy machine, put a blank piece of paper on top of your passport and scan it. Regardless whether a not you travel to the country, as long as it is in the passport, all must be scanned. In short, scan every page of your passport.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
All documents need to be colored copy. Black and white with a certified true copy may face rejection.

For your passport, you are supposed to scan both old and new passport from page 1 to the last page. Even if there are no stamps on certain pages, it must be scanned as well. In addition, all 4 corners of the passport must be shown. The best way to get this done is to go to a photocopy machine, put a blank piece of paper on top of your passport and scan it. Regardless whether a not you travel to the country, as long as it is in the passport, all must be scanned. In short, scan every page of your passport.
Only the PCC is required in to be scanned in colour, all other documents are perfectly fine in black in white.

Only a scan of the current passport is required and only the bio pages, stamps and any visas in the passport must be scanned.

Where are you getting this information?

Reactions: Faky201

prisai90

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

under statutory questions in personal history, there is this question:

"Has SR been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

My previous application was rejected as my PCC was more than 6 months old.

Should I answer Yes and provide an explanation in the space provided or does this question mean something else?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Best,
SR

answer as yes. then in details give the reason. optionally you can also write that in LoE

good luck mate

Reactions: sr1989

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Only the PCC is required in to be scanned in colour, all other documents are perfectly fine in black in white.

Only a scan of the current passport is required and only the bio pages, stamps and any visas in the passport must be scanned.

Where are you getting this information?
I had 2 friends on 2 different situations that got rejected.

1. Passport copy not complete, i.e. not all pages are scanned (friend 1)
2. Documents not color copy (friend 2)

So apparently this agent in their local country had some form of connections with someone from Immigration. When they check through their documents again, that was the info provided.

Reactions: sunnysingh1988

pari1989

Jun 30, 2017
iran
I have applied for express entry program and I got 600 score in PNP nova Scotia and I got accepted in express entry in January 2017. I immediately applied for police clearance, medical check and paid landing fee, as requested by immigration. I received my rejection letter three weeks ago.

My immigration consultant who has applied for me in the first place, has uploaded police clearance translation in immigration website and they have not uploaded the original document. The immigration officer noticed the “copy conforms to the original” stamp on my translated document and has decided to reject my case due to lack of original document. They have not asked for original, they have simply rejected the whole case. The immigration consultant has sent a request for reconsideration to immigration.

please inform me, do i have any chance appealing this case in federal court ? or do i have to apply again ?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have applied for express entry program and I got 600 score in PNP nova Scotia and I got accepted in express entry in January 2017. I immediately applied for police clearance, medical check and paid landing fee, as requested by immigration. I received my rejection letter three weeks ago.

My immigration consultant who has applied for me in the first place, has uploaded police clearance translation in immigration website and they have not uploaded the original document. The immigration officer noticed the “copy conforms to the original” stamp on my translated document and has decided to reject my case due to lack of original document. They have not asked for original, they have simply rejected the whole case. The immigration consultant has sent a request for reconsideration to immigration.

please inform me, do i have any chance appealing this case in federal court ? or do i have to apply again ?
Oh Man! That's so sad. That's why you should supervise these so called 'Consultants'. I think creating a new profile would be the right and simpler way to go with this. Apply again, and please upload correct documents this time. Best of Luck!

Reactions: pari1989

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Original document is common sense, they do not need to write about it. Don't waste time on reconsideration and apply again as soon as possible, and... apply by yoursef, no one need a consultant to upload documents. It has been proven than 99% of them are just blood suckers and know less than any of us just checking the forums and cic website.

Mar 19, 2017
For point 1-you need to translate every documents which is not in your language, but you have to upload the original documents as well. In your native language.
For point 2- CIC requires only the current passport, stamps and visas. You can upload more if you want of course, but if you check the requirements it say valid passport.
Thanks

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
FSWO- AOR May 22
I have just received this:
"Your application is rejected.
You have indicated that your province of destination is Quebec. To qualify as a federal skilled worker you must intend to live outside the province of Quebec"

WHY ON EARTH would they put Quebec in the options and let us select it as a province of destination if it's not allowed under EE? :/

is there anything I can do about this guys other than creating a new profile? (my CRS is 444 so I won't make it according to the last cut-off)
Am sorry to hear that,when was your rejection?

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
No, you'd be wasting your time appealing the decision as like I said rejection was expected.

It is clearly stated that you must plan to live outside the province of Quebec in both the CEC and FSW requirements.

You'll have to create a new profile.
Dear Piero,
This guy suddenly made me scared. I ticked "all provinces and territories" plus ontario & BC, will I be possibly rejected? Anw, my profile still mentions I'm met the FSW requirement post ITA. Pls help! Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So where could it happen? I'm quite worried because I couldn;t remember what I filled pre ITA when creating EE profile though...
That option appears post-ITA where you're asked about your preferred province/city to settle.