+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
In my opinion, you don't need ECA because your Post Secondary education is from Canada. You get the points for your highest education.
Thanks kamy. Do you recommend me to do just to be on safe side. what if they asked me during process then i will not have enough time to do it right? Can i say i don't need to ECA for grade 12 if they request me. One more question i never got asked for WES reference number is it because i have higher study from canada? Thanks

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preet93 said:
Thanks kamy. Do you recommend me to do just to be on safe side. what if they asked me during process then i will not have enough time to do it right? Can i say i don't need to ECA for grade 12 if they request me. One more question i never got asked for WES reference number is it because i have higher study from canada? Thanks
"You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider. It is up to you to decide which credentials to have assessed by a designated organization."

Above text is from cic.gc.ca, every credential has a certain points under CRS system. If you are claiming points for post secondary then points would be higher and you don't need to get the ECA for lower education. In your case higher education is from Canada from Canada, so you don't need any ECA.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kamy said:
Hi Guys-- Anyone who has applied online PR so far, I have a question regarding sequence of documents.

At the last page, it shows what document should be uploaded, however for employer it shows employment record as many times as the number of jobs declared
e.g.

if you declared Employment 1-- Jan 2016 to current
Employment 2-- Jan 2015 to Dec 2015
Employment 3-- Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Summarize page would only show below three times

Employment proof(Document required)

Any idea what is the sequence in documents should be uploaded so that Employment 3 docs are not loaded to Employment 1 doc and vice versa.
You don't need to adhere to any particular order. Just ensure you upload letters for every work experience declared. It won't matter which is 1, 2 or 3

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
You don't need to adhere to any particular order. Just ensure you upload letters for every work experience declared. It won't matter which is 1, 2 or 3
Good, I'm kind of scared reading the comments from various people that processing officers are not diligent enough to do that kind of thing.

Thanks

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kamy said:
Good, I'm kind of scared reading the comments from various people that processing officers are not diligent enough to do that kind of thing.

Thanks
To do what kind of thing exactly? Don't overthink. Just provide what you need to

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
"You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider. It is up to you to decide which credentials to have assessed by a designated organization."

Above text is from cic.gc.ca, every credential has a certain points under CRS system. If you are claiming points for post secondary then points would be higher and you don't need to get the ECA for lower education. In your case higher education is from Canada from Canada, so you don't need any ECA.
Thanks Kamy

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
fkl said:
It depends upon the inconsistency / concern they see in "Potentially adverse info in FOSS", likely information related to your past travels / interactions with CBSA.

I would just add that if every thing is clear, such notes can be corrected without being prompted.

When i applied for PR, the case analyst wrote in notes that there is no NEW job offer in my file, so he kind of refused my app, though notes said "officer review required". But it was more blunt in the sense that he wrote "Not qualifying job offer on file", then wrote recalculated CRS score -600. So it was a plain refusal.

But some time latter, a case officer reviewed the docs again and newer notes threw out his assessment. I was already working on an LMIA job for a few years and naturally wasn't submitting a totally NEW job offer. Instead my employer gave a comprehensive experience letter stating all requirements that CIC otherwise asks for (permanent, full time, detailed role description etc.)

Bottom line, it could go either way and unfortunately there is no way to know given this info. Of course some body with more closer interaction with exact above phrase in notes (as Raj pointed out) might be more helpful. All the best
Thank you FKL for you time/reply. one of my Intra Company transfer (temporary work permanent) has been refused in July/August 2015. But for this I have provided all the information with my this case including LOE. What you think, is this the cause of "Potentially adverse info in FOSS" ?

Thanks.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Mine got rejected because I didn't upload original birth certificates of dependant, only the translation.
I filled an CSE and got the reply that it is not possible to reopen the application.
I created another EE profile but I dont have enough points to ITA because I received 600 from a provincial nomination linked to this now canceled profile.
Anyone ever faced similar situation?

Is there any way to use the provincial nomination again or this is a one shoot attempt only? Seems weird that the nomination is valid for 1 year but you can have just one shot with it in the EE...
Thanks!
Andre

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Ertugru said:
Thank you FKL for you time/reply. one of my Intra Company transfer (temporary work permanent) has been refused in July/August 2015. But for this I have provided all the information with my this case including LOE. What you think, is this the cause of "Potentially adverse info in FOSS" ?

Thanks.
Well explained by fkl...foss stands for field operations support systems- basically an internal network used by CBSA that tracks your entry/exit to Canada..and that's why fkl explained it must have been due to past travels from/to Canada...

I read your post on understanding gcms also...regarding the LOE and explaining the rejection-if it is already declared and explained..then you should be good in my opinion

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
lazybone said:
Well explained by fkl...foss stands for field operations support systems- basically an internal network used by CBSA that tracks your entry/exit to Canada..and that's why fkl explained it must have been due to past travels from/to Canada...

I read your post on understanding gcms also...regarding the LOE and explaining the rejection-if it is already declared and explained..then you should be good in my opinion
Thank you lazybone for your time/reply. Please suggest. should I raise a Case specif query at this point to explain the whole situation in more detail?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Ertugru said:
Thank you lazybone for your time/reply. Please suggest. should I raise a Case specif query at this point to explain the whole situation in more detail?
since you have already explained it before and obviously they are aware of the same-( from your notes on foss)...im not sure what you mean by explaining in more detail...

you can raise a CSE submitting more docs regarding explaining the rejection in more detail, however, it might result in delays...if you are comfortable regarding delays, then you can submit...

ultimately, your call..

hope this helps!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
Even though not explicitly requested, I scanned all pages that has some entry/exit stamping, visa stamping from different countries, my country makes an entry in the passport page when an official police clearance is issued for a country so for me those "remarks" pages etc. This I did for current and previous old/cancelled passport also. This was a voluntary effort and not mandatory. Why take a chance was my objective when I did it.
It's clearly mentioned for all markings, stampings, visas to be scanned. I hope it doesn't include blank pages

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
kamy said:
It's clearly mentioned for all markings, stampings, visas to be scanned.
Where?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
istari said:
It will be in your personalised documents checklist.
You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page.

If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport.