+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
fkl,

Thanks again for your very detailed opinion.
The longest unemployment of me is almost 4 months, it may not considered as "too long".

So base on my filled profile in EE, I am still don't know why I was asked for IMM5669 since my age of 18.
But it doesn't matter now since in fact there is no one exactly knows why.

Best luck to you!

fkl said:
You are most welcome. Travel history is not exactly part of personal history. You can be travelling for fun, vacation, work any thing and that is already covered in "list of countries visited, duration and when".

Personal / work history mentions chronologically WHAT you were doing your primary time (8 hours or more a day on a regular basis) since the age of 18. This can be being a student in program x from year/month y to z, working at corporation from a to b.

If there are missing months in between, normally, no one would fill in personal or work history like "unemployed from one date to another".

Often Schedule A is used to fill these gaps.

Besides they are absolutely trying to ensure that say if you remained part of any political or otherwise organization and had significant associations for a long term, that might show up in this much detail. Prolonged unemployed periods with no obvious source of income could be easily visible (if data is presented as above) to a Visa officer who could subsequently question that.

It is perfectly okay for a lady to be a house wife / non working or brief gaps of unemployment for the primary bread winner of the family.

But something odd might show up.

That is just my opinion based upon the variation i have seen so far in this regard.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ertugru said:
Dear seniors,

Please help me! kindly see the below two Notes (written by case Analyst) and suggest what should I do now?

What is Potential Adverse Information in FOSS and what will be its effect on my file, is my case going to reject. What should I do now? please help!

My AoR is 7th Feb, 2016 and my Background is "In Progress" from 7th May 2016. I received my 1st GCMS note on 17th June and 2nd GCMS is received on 8th Sept.

New Note (2nd GCMS) date 8th September, 2016
Created Date: 2016/04/30 03:16:53
Created By: KD01882
Updated Date: 2016/04/30 03:16:53
Updated By: KD01882
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa

Text:
REVIEWTYPE:Case Analyst APPLICATION: E000 XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS****Potential Adverse Information in FOSS**** __________ I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. EXPRESS ENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR EXPRESS ENTRY: REQUIREMENTS OF(A11.2): MET ____________________________EXPRESS ENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR FOSS/GCMS check - General: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION.CIVIL STATUS- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying - Dependent 1 (xxxxxx ): - Dependent 2 (xxxxxxx ): - Dependent 3 (xxxxxxxx): PNPNOMINATION- Province of Nomination: Prince Edward Island. - Stream Type: PNC xxxxxxx. - Nomination validity: Original. ________________________ WORK EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: 2006/02/06 - 2016/02/06 Case Type Assessment: FSW1) e-Business Software Developer - (NOC2174) Jan 2007 April 2008 XXXX Software Solutions. June 2, 2008 The duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience.

Old Note (1st GCMS) date 17th June, 2016
Text:
REVIEWTYPE: Case Analyst APPLICATION: E000 XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. EXPRESSENTRYTRIAGE: Refer to IR EXPRESSENTRY: REQUIREMENTS OF (A11.2): MET EXPRESSENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR FOSS/GCMS check - CIVIL STATUS- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying - Dependent 1 (XXXX, ): - Dependent 2 (XXXX): - Dependent 3 (XXXX): PNP NOMINATION- Province of Nomination: Prince Edward Island. - Stream Type: PNC XXXX. - Nomination validity: Original. WORK EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: 2006/02/06 - 2016/02/06 Case Type Assessment: FSW1) e-Business Software Developer - (NOC2174) Jan 2007 April 2008 XXXX Software Solutions. June 2, 2008 The duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience.

Please help I am very tense.
Please direct this question to the member "eagle333". Also, check this thread and join the discussion -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t390292.0.html

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please direct this question to the member "eagle333". Also, check this thread and join the discussion -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t390292.0.html
Thank You! Rajkamalmohanram, so nice of you.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Ertugru said:
Dear seniors,

Please help me! kindly see the below two Notes (written by case Analyst) and suggest what should I do now?

What is Potential Adverse Information in FOSS and what will be its effect on my file, is my case going to reject. What should I do now? please help!

My AoR is 7th Feb, 2016 and my Background is "In Progress" from 7th May 2016. I received my 1st GCMS note on 17th June and 2nd GCMS is received on 8th Sept.

Text:
REVIEWTYPE:Case Analyst APPLICATION: E000 XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS****Potential Adverse Information in FOSS**** __________ I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. EXPRESS ENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR EXPRESS ENTRY: REQUIREMENTS OF(A11.2): MET ____________________________EXPRESS ENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR FOSS/GCMS check - General: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION.CIVIL STATUS- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying - Dependent 1 (xxxxxx ): - Dependent 2 (xxxxxxx ): - Dependent 3 (xxxxxxxx): PNPNOMINATION- Province of Nomination: Prince Edward Island. - Stream Type: PNC xxxxxxx. - Nomination validity: Original. ________________________ WORK EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: 2006/02/06 - 2016/02/06 Case Type Assessment: FSW1) e-Business Software Developer - (NOC2174) Jan 2007 April 2008 XXXX Software Solutions. June 2, 2008 The duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience.

Text:
REVIEWTYPE: Case Analyst APPLICATION: E000 XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. EXPRESSENTRYTRIAGE: Refer to IR EXPRESSENTRY: REQUIREMENTS OF (A11.2): MET EXPRESSENTRY TRIAGE: Refer to IR FOSS/GCMS check - CIVIL STATUS- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying - Dependent 1 (XXXX, ): - Dependent 2 (XXXX): - Dependent 3 (XXXX): PNP NOMINATION- Province of Nomination: Prince Edward Island. - Stream Type: PNC XXXX. - Nomination validity: Original. WORK EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: 2006/02/06 - 2016/02/06 Case Type Assessment: FSW1) e-Business Software Developer - (NOC2174) Jan 2007 April 2008 XXXX Software Solutions. June 2, 2008 The duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience.

Ertugru, what is your background check status (not needed at this time, in progress, in progress for the 2nd time)? Thank you.
Try to remain positive despite this situation.
Good luck to you, call CIC to know what's going on.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had got H1B petition approved in 2011, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?
I had got the PCC done for US at that time considering it would be required for H1B visa, this PCC is marked on my Passport because at that time PCC was only mentioned in passport.

I have two options, First is not to mention anything about this in PR application but problem is I'm asked to send all Passport pages with markings and PCC is marking is one of them.
Is it an issue?

Second option is I mention whole thing in Letter of Explanation, just wondering what is the best way to handle this

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Ertugru, what is your background check status (not needed at this time, in progress, in progress for the 2nd time)? Thank you.
Try to remain positive despite this situation.
Good luck to you, call CIC to know what's going on.
Thank you for your kind reply, my background check status is in progress since 7th May 2016, 1st time.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
kamy said:
I had got H1B petition approved in 2011, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?
I had got the PCC done for US at that time considering it would be required for H1B visa, this PCC is marked on my Passport because at that time PCC was only mentioned in passport.

I have two options, First is not to mention anything about this in PR application but problem is I'm asked to send all Passport pages with markings and PCC is marking is one of them.
Is it an issue?

Second option is I mention whole thing in Letter of Explanation, just wondering what is the best way to handle this
It won't be an issue. I am assuming that you are going to get/gotten another India PCC for Canadian PR. In which the old PCC doesn't matter.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
fkl said:
You are most welcome. Travel history is not exactly part of personal history. You can be travelling for fun, vacation, work any thing and that is already covered in "list of countries visited, duration and when".

Personal / work history mentions chronologically WHAT you were doing your primary time (8 hours or more a day on a regular basis) since the age of 18. This can be being a student in program x from year/month y to z, working at corporation from a to b.

If there are missing months in between, normally, no one would fill in personal or work history like "unemployed from one date to another".

Often Schedule A is used to fill these gaps.

Besides they are absolutely trying to ensure that say if you remained part of any political or otherwise organization and had significant associations for a long term, that might show up in this much detail. Prolonged unemployed periods with no obvious source of income could be easily visible (if data is presented as above) to a Visa officer who could subsequently question that.

It is perfectly okay for a lady to be a house wife / non working or brief gaps of unemployment for the primary bread winner of the family.

But something odd might show up.

That is just my opinion based upon the variation i have seen so far in this regard.
Jumping to that point: how you enter the education details? Do you separate entries year by year and include the summer vacations separately too? Or you include the whole degree program from starting year to ending year as one entry?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
Jumping to that point: how you enter the education details? Do you separate entries year by year and include the summer vacations separately too? Or you include the whole degree program from starting year to ending year as one entry?
This.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
It won't be an issue. I am assuming that you are going to get/gotten another India PCC for Canadian PR. In which the old PCC doesn't matter.
Thanks

iceman87

Sep 8, 2015
Hello good people!

A curious question:

How many rejections have there been for AOR's in 2016 for people part their 6 month mark? Please do share the reasons too...

TIA

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ertugru said:
Dear seniors,

Text:

Text:

It depends upon the inconsistency / concern they see in "Potentially adverse info in FOSS", likely information related to your past travels / interactions with CBSA.

I would just add that if every thing is clear, such notes can be corrected without being prompted.

When i applied for PR, the case analyst wrote in notes that there is no NEW job offer in my file, so he kind of refused my app, though notes said "officer review required". But it was more blunt in the sense that he wrote "Not qualifying job offer on file", then wrote recalculated CRS score -600. So it was a plain refusal.

But some time latter, a case officer reviewed the docs again and newer notes threw out his assessment. I was already working on an LMIA job for a few years and naturally wasn't submitting a totally NEW job offer. Instead my employer gave a comprehensive experience letter stating all requirements that CIC otherwise asks for (permanent, full time, detailed role description etc.)

Bottom line, it could go either way and unfortunately there is no way to know given this info. Of course some body with more closer interaction with exact above phrase in notes (as Raj pointed out) might be more helpful. All the best

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have a question. If i don't provide ECA for my education. Do CIC reject the file or they request it. In my case i did higher study in canada so i don't need ECA for my grade 12 which i did in my home country because i am getting points for my diploma i did in canada not the grade 12 but Still if CIC need ECA for grade 12 will they request it or just reject the file. I don't why i mentioned my grade 12 in my profile :mad:Thanks

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preet93 said:
Hi all,
I have a question. If i don't provide ECA for my education. Do CIC reject the file or they request it. In my case i did higher study in canada so i don't need ECA for my grade 12 which i did in my home country because i am getting points for my diploma i did in canada not the grade 12 but Still if CIC need ECA for grade 12 will they request it or just reject the file. I don't why i mentioned my grade 12 in my profile :mad:Thanks
In my opinion, you don't need ECA because your Post Secondary education is from Canada. You get the points for your highest education.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys-- Anyone who has applied online PR so far, I have a question regarding sequence of documents.

At the last page, it shows what document should be uploaded, however for employer it shows employment record as many times as the number of jobs declared
e.g.

if you declared Employment 1-- Jan 2016 to current
Employment 2-- Jan 2015 to Dec 2015
Employment 3-- Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Summarize page would only show below three times

Employment proof(Document required)

Any idea what is the sequence in documents should be uploaded so that Employment 3 docs are not loaded to Employment 1 doc and vice versa.