VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Funkdakarma said:
Yes, they were passport pages. It was an oversight, but not one intended to misrepresent. I realised that the two pages I omitted are the only two that are empty in my passport.

I am going to try and appeal this.
Again you have to be clear, its Ontario PNP which does this.

Immigration Canada doesn't ask for and therefore does not refuse due to missing blank pages from passport.

Certainly feel sorry for you. Good gracious though i never had to apply there. Imagine submitting every page of errr -- 5 passports that i have had over the course of a long time.

warlord007

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi arahmed,

I wonder what is the status of your PR application? I am in a similar situation where I also see an officer's comment about one of my education credentials evaluated by WES on my GCMS notes.

warlord007

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I hope to receive some expert's comment on my situation where I see an officer's comment about one of my education credentials evaluated by WES on my GCMS notes. I have got two evaluations from WES, one as a Bachelor degree(4 years) and another as Post Graduate Certificate(One semester). I have selected "two or more degree" for the purpose of my application and got points based on that. I didnt take that in the brackets in my WES evaluation seriously and now I see the below in my GCMS notes:

***AGENT REVIEW A1 1.2*** Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the
applicant and the information contained in the application: A11.2 decision: Review Required 75(2) FSW
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met 76(1)(a) SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appears Met FSW
points total: 74 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 457 CRS
minimum score for round: 453 Current CRS score: 425 It appears that client lost points for education. They
claimed two or mored post secondary program credentials but the second credential was only for one semester,
therefore points for education was lower.

I have submitted a CSE explaining that my Post Graduate Certificate from the UK is generally of shorter duration that that in Canada and that might be why WES included "one semester" in brackets and I genuinely think that I really have two credentials and hence chose "two or more credentials in the application. I got an email that my CSE would be forwarded to relevant authorities and after a week or so, I got a CIC email indicating status update and I can now see that my Background check has gone from "not needed at this time" to "in progress".

Do you think that my application would be considered or would it be definitely rejected? Its been more than 5 months since I have submitted my application. I was never able to see the status of my case on eCAS service. Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
warlord007 said:
Hi, I hope to receive some expert's comment on my situation where I see an officer's comment about one of my education credentials evaluated by WES on my GCMS notes. I have got two evaluations from WES, one as a Bachelor degree(4 years) and another as Post Graduate Certificate(One semester). I have selected "two or more degree" for the purpose of my application and got points based on that. I didnt take that in the brackets in my WES evaluation seriously and now I see the below in my GCMS notes:

***AGENT REVIEW A1 1.2*** Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the
applicant and the information contained in the application: A11.2 decision: Review Required 75(2) FSW
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met 76(1)(a) SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appears Met FSW
points total: 74 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 457 CRS
minimum score for round: 453 Current CRS score: 425 It appears that client lost points for education. They
claimed two or mored post secondary program credentials but the second credential was only for one semester,
therefore points for education was lower.

I have submitted a CSE explaining that my Post Graduate Certificate from the UK is generally of shorter duration that that in Canada and that might be why WES included "one semester" in brackets and I genuinely think that I really have two credentials and hence chose "two or more credentials in the application. I got an email that my CSE would be forwarded to relevant authorities and after a week or so, I got a CIC email indicating status update and I can now see that my Background check has gone from "not needed at this time" to "in progress".

Do you think that my application would be considered or would it be definitely rejected? Its been more than 5 months since I have submitted my application. I was never able to see the status of my case on eCAS service. Thanks.
Well, this is the issue with WES evaluations of short duration courses. IMO, if it says "One Semester" is brackets, then the officer is going to assume that your credential is only worth one semester of study in Canada. Cannot blame them, they are going by the guideline. Since you have raised a CSE, lets see what they reply.

In the meantime, prepare for the worst. You can try to get your credential evaluated by another organization and see if they provide a more favorable evaluation.

Good luck and all the very best!

warlord007

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks rajkamalmohanram for your response. Even though I raised a CSE, I was all prepared to receive a rejection email and that is when I saw this update on my CIC that my BG has gone to "in progress". From the GCMS notes, I can see that Criminality is marked as Passed and Security is marked as "not started" and I assume that Security is Background check. So if they have a problem with my credential evaluation and hence a lower score on recalculation, why would they proceed to do a background check rather than rejecting the application as they have got a ground to do so??!!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, this is the issue with WES evaluations of short duration courses. IMO, if it says "One Semester" is brackets, then the officer is going to assume that your credential is only worth one semester of study in Canada. Cannot blame them, they are going by the guideline. Since you have raised a CSE, lets see what they reply.

In the meantime, prepare for the worst. You can try to get your credential evaluated by another organization and see if they provide a more favorable evaluation.

Good luck and all the very best!
Yes, the values in the bracket are critical and it would be best to try and get the WES evaluation revised rather that check with CIC. You can explain your points to WES and they may make the necessary changes and issue a new report without the value in bracket.

You can provide WES with a diploma that may have been given to you at the end of your course.

If WES does make the changes, then do provide the updated WES Report to CIC through a CSE.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
I was asked to submit two additional documents on July 26. I was given a week to upload them and I actually did upload them within 2 or 3 days. I have, however, not pressed the transmit button until today, as I completely overlooked it! Totally my own mistake!

Do you think I could get a rejection for this? I mean I have provided all the necessary documents and it does say "provided" on my application right now but I am very scared! There is very little left till the 6 month mark.

What do you suggest I do? Raise a CSE or stay quiet?

I am extremely nervous right now. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance..

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
elmas said:
What do you suggest I do? Raise a CSE or stay quiet?
I am extremely nervous right now. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance..
I would suggest you raise a CSE... it does no harm being open - just highlight your mistake.

In any case, they state that if you dont submit the documents, your application will be assessed based on what they have; this is to mean that the application sis not rejected outrightly.. . I am therefore inclined to think that they would consider your documents even though you transmitted late.

Remember; the system never lies - it will show the date of your uploads and the transmission date. The more the reason you should disclose your mistake.

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
warlord007 said:
I have written to WES as well. Waiting to hear back from them.
I am also having same in my WES report as you have. (Post Graduate Certificate(One semester).. Can you please update me with the response from WES once get one from them.

Thanks,
VJ.

warlord007

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure, I ll update here on hearing back from WES as well as CIC with any news.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Cofca said:
I would suggest you raise a CSE... it does no harm being open - just highlight your mistake.

In any case, they state that if you dont submit the documents, your application will be assessed based on what they have; this is to mean that the application sis not rejected outrightly.. . I am therefore inclined to think that they would consider your documents even though you transmitted late.

Remember; the system never lies - it will show the date of your uploads and the transmission date. The more the reason you should disclose your mistake.
Thank you very much. That's right, the system never lies. The officer going through my file is hopefully going to see that I actually uploaded them on time. Let's hope for the best..

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
elmas said:
Thank you very much. That's right, the system never lies. The officer going through my file is hopefully going to see that I actually uploaded them on time. Let's hope for the best..
Out of curiosity, may I ask which 2 additional documents did they ask for? Let's hope for the best!

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Have you people heard of cases are rejected because of security reasons? In other words, inadmissible.
I have heard of three cases that after a long security screening they are determined inadmissible, all from Iran, just because of the supervisor they worked for or the company they were hired. I am afraid as my EE is now in 7th month and it is stuck in the security part.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
s-r-z said:
Have you people heard of cases are rejected because of security reasons? In other words, inadmissible.
I have heard of three cases that after a long security screening they are determined inadmissible, all from Iran, just because of the supervisor they worked for or the company they were hired. I am afraid as my EE is now in 7th month and it is stuck in the security part.
Please tell me do you know what type of employers did those persons have?