VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
valsanail said:
Hey guys I have come across a definition about the "Primary Occupation" in FAQ about EE that freaked me out. It says I am quoting: "Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last five years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply."

So, here's the case. My experience is based on two NOC codes the first one is from 2005-2011 and the second one is from 2013 up to date. So, when I created my EE profile I chose the first NOC occcupation as primary because of its duration (2005-2011) to gain more points but obviously it does not fit into the last five years except for the end of it. So will this cause to a rejection? I have never seen this requirement before because everywhere including the Federal Skilled Worker it said within last 10 years. I am so confused please advise.
No Idea - that's a tough call. Generally when CIC puts misleading info at two official places - I am afraid it turns out to be the lesser of the two.

This is what I have seen with other scenarios e.g. CIC says submit history since the age of 18 or last ten years which ever is recent. However, almost every one who submitted last 10 (and was older than 28) usually received Schedule A's to submit details. Hence some people concluded they should always submit since the age of 18 no matter how old you are.

You can only wait and see... I am sorry but there is no other way to tell.

Though i would say FAQ is less of a formal place than the official FSW requirements page. But you should research more detailed specs of FSW requirements. If you don't find this 5 year thing any where your case might fly.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
valsanail said:
Hey guys I have come across a definition about the "Primary Occupation" in FAQ about EE that freaked me out. It says I am quoting: "Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last five years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply."

So, here's the case. My experience is based on two NOC codes the first one is from 2005-2011 and the second one is from 2013 up to date. So, when I created my EE profile I chose the first NOC occcupation as primary because of its duration (2005-2011) to gain more points but obviously it does not fit into the last five years except for the end of it. So will this cause to a rejection? I have never seen this requirement before because everywhere including the Federal Skilled Worker it said within last 10 years. I am so confused please advise.
I would suggest to use the NOC code of current job position/description.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
That's the case that I couldn't find such information about 5 years anywhere, only in FAQ. Secondly, FSW clearly mentions that the experience must be in last 10 years, never 5. And moreover, when we fill out the application, we mention all the experience chronologically, so isn't it logical that if I were ineligible for EE I would get ineligible notice after submitting it in the end? Why would the system find my application eligible for a certain program? Please tell me this, if the e-apr is being assessed for eligibility criteria, it is assessed against a certain program (FSW in this case), isn't it? I mean not the EE itself
I don't know if this a new thing in 2016 or not, but when I applied last Sept. I only provided the work accumulated from 2005 to 2009 and nothing more. Was accepted with no problems.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
valsanail said:
That's the case that I couldn't find such information about 5 years anywhere, only in FAQ. Secondly, FSW clearly mentions that the experience must be in last 10 years, never 5. And moreover, when we fill out the application, we mention all the experience chronologically, so isn't it logical that if I were ineligible for EE I would get ineligible notice after submitting it in the end? Why would the system find my application eligible for a certain program? Please tell me this, if the e-apr is being assessed for eligibility criteria, it is assessed against a certain program (FSW in this case), isn't it? I mean not the EE itself
What you say makes sense. Though we do not know how much actual checks the system does on automatic assessment of applications for eligible / ineligible.

Also after Doda's following message, I am quite hopeful the 5 year thing is wrong. But obviously you will only know for sure once its through.

fabricland

Jul 19, 2015
Guys. My experience falls under noc 2232, mechanical engineering, but my education is in other field. Though I can prove this experience through ref letters but then what are the chances of acceptence/rejection in this case. M planning to apply under sinp oid. Thanks in advance.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
fabricland said:
Guys. My experience falls under noc 2232, mechanical engineering, but my education is in other field. Though I can prove this experience through ref letters but then what are the chances of acceptence/rejection in this case. M planning to apply under sinp oid. Thanks in advance.
This is what CEC site states:
"The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description are not applicable."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Is there any cases that PR got rejected after 90 days for Province Nomination Programs ?
If yes, what could be the possible reasons for the rejection ?

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
I have been rejected because of missing documents, ECA not provided (it was my mistake).

ITA : December 4th 2015
AOR : December 18th 2015
Refusal : January 6th 2016

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks, was wondering if there was an estimate of the average time between AOR and possible rejection due to missing documents.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
Hi folks, was wondering if there was an estimate of the average time between AOR and possible rejection due to missing documents.
The latest I've seen is two months for incomplete applications (missing documents).

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if I am posting at the wrong place but I dont want to create a new thread for the question I have:

If i have a Canadian Master degree and a foreign Bachelor degree, will I be rejected as incomplete application if I dont upload anything for my foreign Bachelor degree (NO ECA)?

(PS: I have both degree certificate and transcripts for my Canadian Master degree)

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Hi Friends !

My background has been changed from not needed to "In Progress" is there any chance for rejection? Anyone that faced rejection when background check is "In Progress" please share your experience.

Thanks.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
wenfeizh said:
Sorry if I am posting at the wrong place but I dont want to create a new thread for the question I have:

If i have a Canadian Master degree and a foreign Bachelor degree, will I be rejected as incomplete application if I dont upload anything for my foreign Bachelor degree (NO ECA)?

(PS: I have both degree certificate and transcripts for my Canadian Master degree)
Hi, it all depends if you claimed points for your foreign Bachelor degree. If not, you should be good.
For example, I have 2 foreign Masters but I didn't obtain any additional points for one of them, so there was no need to do an ECA for both of the degrees. Though, I still uploaded the 2 Master Degree with a LoE mentioning why there is ECA for only one degree.
I hope I'm clear (English is not my mothertongue) :eek:

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Ertugru said:
Hi Friends !

My background has been changed from not needed to "In Progress" is there any chance for rejection? Anyone that faced rejection when background check is "In Progress" please share your experience.

Thanks.
Hi Ertugru,

I'd say there is a risk to be rejected at any stage, but more time goes by, less are the risks. Hope for the best !

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Hi, it all depends if you claimed points for your foreign Bachelor degree. If not, you should be good.
For example, I have 2 foreign Masters but I didn't obtain any additional points for one of them, so there was no need to do an ECA for both of the degrees. Though, I still uploaded the 2 Master Degree with a LoE mentioning why there is ECA for only one degree.
I hope I'm clear (English is not my mothertongue) :eek:

Thanks for your reply!

How do I know if I claimed points for my foreign Bachelor or not? When I created my EE profile, I put down both my Canadian master degree and my foreign bachelor, and I said "NO" to ECA in Education History. I believe the points I got are for my Masters.