VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
abdulqayyum said:
I am planning to have the PCCs of locations where i stayed in past 10 years, (mainly 2 locations), however, since the age of 18th, it becomes 17 years, then there would be 4 locations. so i would require 4 PCCs.

Pls suggest whether the 2 PCCs would be enough or i must obtain 4 :(
If your PCCS from 2 locations state full period since age of 18, and it teles with your address history that you fill in PR forms, then it's fine.

If it only covers 10 years and not the rest, then most likely it's a refusal. If pcs don't tele with the address history. It might still be a refusal.

The best way is to get all 4. If you want to avoid that. Just get the 2nd last pc for longer period since age of 18 and put the same in address history assuming the address matches your NIC address

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
fkl said:
If your PCCS from 2 locations state full period since age of 18, and it teles with your address history that you fill in PR forms, then it's fine.

If it only covers 10 years and not the rest, then most likely it's a refusal. If pcs don't tele with the address history. It might still be a refusal.

The best way is to get all 4. If you want to avoid that. Just get the 2nd last pc for longer period since age of 18 and put the same in address history assuming the address matches your Niche address
Right, Thanks,
Since, i have got one rejection earlier 2 weeks ago due to PCC don't match with address history, it means, my previous application still lies in their database, with status 'Cancelled'

My question is, can i change my address history in new EE after getting ITA which may not match with my previous PR application.

?

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
It is interesting that they cancel applications because PCC-s don't match with address history. I ordered my US PCC to be delivered to my parents' home, while I live in a rented apartment (which is in the same city). In my application I'm going to mention the address of that rented apartment. Do you think it is going to be a problem, since the PCC is delivered to an address where I don't live presently?

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
abdulqayyum said:
Right, Thanks,
Since, i have got one rejection earlier 2 weeks ago due to PCC don't match with address history, it means, my previous application still lies in their database, with status 'Cancelled'

My question is, can i change my address history in new EE after getting ITA which may not match with my previous PR application.

?
Don't do this, this is an act of miss representation and they can easily spot you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Virab555 said:
It is interesting that they cancel applications because PCC-s don't match with address history. I ordered my US PCC to be delivered to my parents' home, while I live in a rented apartment (which is in the same city). In my application I'm going to mention the address of that rented apartment. Do you think it is going to be a problem, since the PCC is delivered to an address where I don't live presently?
Not at all recommended. Misrepresentation. You might be barred from applying again for 5 years. Be truthful. If your Indian PCC that you obtained from the local police authorities was the problem, apply for a PCC from PSK. PSK issued PCCs are not time/geography bound and they are safe. Never heard back from any applicant whose application was rejected on the grounds that the PSK issued PCC is not accepted.

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not at all recommended. Misrepresentation. You might be barred from applying again for 5 years. Be truthful. If your Indian PCC that you obtained from the local police authorities was the problem, apply for a PCC from PSK. PSK issued PCCs are not time/geography bound and they are safe. Never heard back from any applicant whose application was rejected on the grounds that the PSK issued PCC is not accepted.
What is PSK? I actually haven't obtained Indian PCC, since I don't live in India and I've never been there. I speak about having ordered the US FBI PCC to the address of my parents, while I live at another address (though in the same city). And I have mentioned the address where I presently live in my address history. So, my question was, will CIC see a problem, if my PCC was delivered to an address where I presently don't live.

Put another way, what they mean by saying "PCC mismatch with the address history"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Virab555 said:
What is PSK? I actually haven't obtained Indian PCC, since I don't live in India and I've never been there. I speak about having ordered the US FBI PCC to the address of my parents, while I live at another address (though in the same city). And I have mentioned the address where I presently live in my address history. So, my question was, will CIC see a problem, if my PCC was delivered to an address where I presently don't live.

Put another way, what they mean by saying "PCC mismatch with the address history"
As long as you have mentioned all the addresses that you have actually lived in, you are good to go.

It doesn't matter if your PCC is sent to your parent's address, IMO.

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
As long as you have mentioned all the addresses that you have actually lived in, you are good to go.

It doesn't matter if your PCC is sent to your parent's address, IMO.
And what does it mean PCC mismatch with the address history?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Virab555 said:
Basically the VO matches all the addresses provided in the work and personal history section with the PCCs provided. If all the PCC combined cover all the address that you have stayed at since your 18 years of age till date (of application filing) based on the dates at each address provided by you then you pass that test.

Hope that clears your query...

Ashley75

Feb 2, 2015
Hey Guys,

My EE application was cancelled as I missed to attach original marriage certificate. I only attached the notarized copy of it. I applied through EE BCPNP - CEC route. As my PNP approval still valid for another 5 months so I contacted BC PNP Office to verify my nomination through new Express Entry profile. I received a reply of my email saying its has been passed to reviewing officer but I haven't heard anything since 3 weeks. My understanding it should be a quicker process now because I have already received a nomination and all they have to do is just acknowledge it on my new profile.

Has anyone experienced the same situation ?

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Basically the VO matches all the addresses provided in the work and personal history section with the PCCs provided. If all the PCC combined cover all the address that you have stayed at since your 18 years of age till date (of application filing) based on the dates at each address provided by you then you pass that test.

Hope that clears your query...
Thanks a lot, that cleared my question. But then another question. In the country where I live now they don't accept "address where you live", but rather take "the address where you are registered". Literally, this is the address which is stamped in my passport and any agency will take into account that address, no matter where I live indeed. Thus, me and my wife now live at an address which is different from our registration address, though it is in the same city. In my personal history I provided the address where we live now. So, do you guys think that the VO will make a problem because the address mentioned in the PCC is different from the one I mentioned in my personal history?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Virab555 said:
Thanks a lot, that cleared my question. But then another question. In the country where I live now they don't accept "address where you live", but rather take "the address where you are registered". Literally, this is the address which is stamped in my passport and any agency will take into account that address, no matter where I live indeed. Thus, me and my wife now live at an address which is different from our registration address, though it is in the same city. In my personal history I provided the address where we live now. So, do you guys think that the VO will make a problem because the address mentioned in the PCC is different from the one I mentioned in my personal history?
Yes, it will be a problem and unacceptable to the VO if your address of stay (in your personal/work history) does not match that (if written) on your PCC.

I suggest then please write an LoE to explain your situation with the documented proof of the rule in your country of residence.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Virab555 said:
Haaaa... jeez first of all the issue being discussed above is specifically about Pakistan and to some extent about india where PCCs are issued by the district police officer (Pakistan) and they mandatorily state "Person x has been living at address y since z and there is nothing outstanding against him".

If a US police certificate doesn't mention the address, or it does mention all addresses of yours correctly on the PC you have nothing to worry.

So as already mentioned by others, it doesn't matter where is PCC received. In my opinion it also doesn't matter if your present address is temp i.e. less than 6 months period (as long as it is in the same city/country) from which you have other PCS. Since CIC specifically states " PC from all countries you have lived for 6 months or longer"

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
fkl said:
Haaaa... jeez first of all the issue being discussed above is specifically about Pakistan and to some extent about india where PCCs are issued by the district police officer (Pakistan) and they mandatorily state "Person x has been living at address y since z and there is nothing outstanding against him".

If a US police certificate doesn't mention the address, or it does mention all addresses of yours correctly on the PC you have nothing to worry.

So as already mentioned by others, it doesn't matter where is PCC received. In my opinion it also doesn't matter if your present address is temp i.e. less than 6 months period (as long as it is in the same city/country) from which you have other PCS. Since CIC specifically states " PC from all countries you have lived for 6 months or longer"
Thanks for the clarifications guys. However, my PCC from my home country covers criminal record within the entire country (don't understand though why they mention address. I have no criminal record in the territory of the entire country, no matter at which address I live). Therefore, the issue with Pakistani and Indian PCCs (issued by a local authority) is not relevant to me. Moreover, the address mentioned in the PCC and my current address are in the same country and in the same city.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Virab555 said:
Thanks for the clarifications guys. However, my PCC from my home country covers criminal record within the entire country (don't understand though why they mention address. I have no criminal record in the territory of the entire country, no matter at which address I live). Therefore, the issue with Pakistani and Indian PCCs (issued by a local authority) is not relevant to me. Moreover, the address mentioned in the PCC and my current address are in the same country and in the same city.
Then you are good. As to why they mention addresses in Pakistan, the most obvious reason for that is, there is no federal database of tracking information. This is the reason no two different addresses (even if they are just different localities in the same city) are mentioned on the same PC.

Each police station is responsible for their jurisdiction and they issue PC for their area only.

It is theoretically possible that you committed a crime (not a high profile enough to get into a very limited federal database) some where else where you didn't live long enough and might even have a local Police record there. But all your PCs are from other cities / stations which don't have any track. After all developing countries are behind for a reason