+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reason for working remotely abroad

Nzick

Oct 4, 2015
Hello, Everyone.

I am currently in the process of applying for my Canadian citizenship. I meet the physical presence requirements. However, I need advice for the following situation.

I am currently a permanent resident, and as a PR I spent 70 days in country A and 85 days in country B. Both countries are not my home country but I went there on a visitor visa while working remotely for a Canadian company just to work from somewhere fun and exotic while working. What reason should I select in the options provided?

business trip is not eligible as it was not a trip that was assigned by the company.

self employed is not eligible as I was a full time employee at this company.

I’m thinking maybe vacation? But would that raise red flags with immigration officials? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, Everyone.

I am currently in the process of applying for my Canadian citizenship. I meet the physical presence requirements. However, I need advice for the following situation.

I am currently a permanent resident, and as a PR I spent 70 days in country A and 85 days in country B. Both countries are not my home country but I went there on a visitor visa while working remotely for a Canadian company just to work from somewhere fun and exotic while working. What reason should I select in the options provided?

business trip is not eligible as it was not a trip that was assigned by the company.

self employed is not eligible as I was a full time employee at this company.

I’m thinking maybe vacation? But would that raise red flags with immigration officials? Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Visitor visa would be termed as vacation.

Reactions: Nzick