+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying immediately after a TRV refusal

LeslieMNieto

Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am hoping that somebody can give me an advice regarding my situation. Yesterday I got the result for my TRV after 4 days and it was denied again. I applied online here in Mexico this time, while my previous application was made in the Philippines about 5 months ago. My husband and I are currently visiting here, he is a dual citizen of USA and Mexico while I am a Philippine citizen. We both work online together as a digital marketer. Should I reapply again?

The following reasons have been provided:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. ( My travel history isn't really that strong, I've only been to few countries which are Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brunei, and Mexico, What can I do about this? I have a really hard time getting approved for a visa, I've tried US tourist visa already twice and both were denied )

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada. ( I am not sure what is wrong with the length of our proposed stay. I indicate March 18-25, 2018 which is 7 days )

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. ( I stated on my application that I am going for tourism. On my letter of explanation, I told them that we wanted to go visit Quebec City to celebrate and spend our 1st year anniversary there. I provided a hotel booking, ticket reservation, and our planned itinerary )

• Your funds and your spouse's funds were noted, however you have not satisfied me that you are well established and you have strong ties in your country of residence or in the Philippines to return. ( What can I do about this one? I don't own any property in the Philippines and I am not employed there. I showed them my bank statement which has PHP 1350000 (USD 25750) and my credit card statements, I also provide my husband's bank statement with amount of USD 93000 and also his credit card statements)

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Thank you for reading this message. Any idea is much appreciated :)

PDG

May 23, 2010
Your finances as the host are secondary/supplementary. They need to prove they have the financial means to afford the visit.

1. What is the family function that they would like to attend?

2. How long do they want to visit?

3. What strong ties can each applicant demonstrate: Employment/ study/ retired + property/land ownership or rent agreement + financial investments (or if another immediate family member can financially support their visit) + do they live with dependent family members + any volunteer/charity work?

PDG

May 23, 2010
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks so much for your response.
It was a religious family function that they were planning to attend for 2 months which we have provided every details to CIC. My sister-in-law is a homemaker and she was planning to come with her daughter who is a university student in India. She has provided a letter from the University as well. Also, her husband (my Brother-in-law) was not planning to come as he is working there. My SIL is a joint owner of the property in India. We have submitted the evidence, but I believe we should have translated that document.
When you said if their immediate family member can support them, do you mean family members in India or in Canada? Because we have provided our financial documents already to show that we are able to support them while they are here. Do you think if family members in India can show that they are able to support, that will be helpful?

Thanks again.

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018
Hi. I apply for TRV from Singapore. Am an Indian nationals. I submit these documents. Invitation letter form my Sister (PR) in Canada. Her bank statements , prove of relationship, a leave letter from my employer in Singapore. My bank statement, family info. I got rejected but I apply again a day letter adding nothing more to my docs but a cover letter. My work permit still valid till 2019 in Singapore. What u guys think. Do I have any chance to get approval.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi. I apply for TRV from Singapore. Am an Indian nationals. I submit these documents. Invitation letter form my Sister (PR) in Canada. Her bank statements , prove of relationship, a leave letter from my employer in Singapore. My bank statement, family info. I got rejected but I apply again a day letter adding nothing more to my docs but a cover letter. My work permit still valid till 2019 in Singapore. What u guys think. Do I have any chance to get approval.
Re-applying the next day without addressing the refusal reasons is a bad idea. Anyways.

What's done is done. You'll have to wait for a decision. You might just get lucky if Lady Luck favors your new application

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018
The main reason they said I won’t leave Canada. In my defence I told them in cover letter that I work in Singapore’s TOP ranked aircon company and my work pass is valid till Feb 2019. My Parents and property is in India which show my strong bonds with India. I just try to convince him that am just going for a visit. My employer give me al letter writing that we are aware of his visit to his sister in Canada Nd granting him 2 weeks of leave.

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018
Re-applying the next day without addressing the refusal reasons is a bad idea. Anyways.

What's done is done. You'll have to wait for a decision. You might just get lucky if Lady Luck favors your new application
The main reason they said I won’t leave Canada. In my defence I told them in cover letter that I work in Singapore’s TOP ranked aircon company and my work pass is valid till Feb 2019. My Parents and property is in India which show my strong bonds with India. I just try to convince him that am just going for a visit. My employer give me al letter writing that we are aware of his visit to his sister in Canada Nd granting him 2 weeks of leave.

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018

Am Not hoping anything now but trying for only 100 bucks is never a bad idea. If luck works then it will be inspiring for many other people. I just didn’t want let it go that easily.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Am Not hoping anything now but trying for only 100 bucks is never a bad idea. If luck works then it will be inspiring for many other people. I just didn’t want let it go that easily.
It is a bad idea. It's not as simple as paying CAD 100. You did not address the previous visa refusal grounds which was necessary.

A visa refusal is a bad idea because you must declare those visa refusals whenever you apply for visas to other countries + it will be on your record

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The main reason they said I won’t leave Canada. In my defence I told them in cover letter that I work in Singapore’s TOP ranked aircon company and my work pass is valid till Feb 2019.
You should have included evidence of your other ties to Singapore + your employment ties.

My Parents and property is in India which show my strong bonds with India.
Unless you own the property, if the property is owned by someone/a family member, it cannot be shown as a reason to return to the country of residence

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018
You should have included evidence of your other ties to Singapore + your employment ties.

Unless you own the property, if the property is owned by someone/a family member, it cannot be shown as a reason to return to the country of residence
I do submit my Singapore work permit’s scanned copy. Anyway thanks for ur response. I do declare the refusal.

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bro how long does it take to get the reason for the refusal.

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
In Singapore it’s 9 days but I get reply in 5 days. Depends on which country ur applying in.
I did my application from India, Does this refusal affects the future application? I got my TWP refused last Thursday still waiting for the reason.

Jagdeep_21

Mar 4, 2018
I did my application from India, Does this refusal affects the future application? I got my TWP refused last Thursday still waiting for the reason.
San kismat ki baat hai bhainchod. Reason to mujhe pta hai. But remember when I apply again must declare ur visa refusal. They know everything