+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying after being refused by the Canadian Embassy, Manila

j10

Jul 26, 2011
RIDZ said:
j10, how long have you been managing your own business and what post do you hold there?
i've been managing my internet cafe for 3 years...what do you mean by post? ::)

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
j10 said:
i've been managing my internet cafe for 3 years...what do you mean by post? ::)
I assumed it was a trade business so I asked for your position (like director or CEO, etc).
Well according to what I found, not being able to demonstrate establishment in country of residence is a common ground for refusals (along with the study mismatch). Do you have any properties or valuable assets in your home country? Properties act as country ties, that would force you back to your country to look after them. VO needs to be convinced that at any cost, you will leave Canada at the end of your study period. I showed my parents' bank statements and fixed asset statements (don't know if it's required in Philippines) as my country ties. You'll also need to convince the VO that your course will benefit your job or business in many different ways (strictly in your country of residence). You can explain these details in your own words in a cover letter or SOP. If you need some samples, leave me your address here and I'll mail them to you.

j10

Jul 26, 2011
omg! thank you ridz and candelight

yes that's what i did i presented my parents' fix assets + tax documents and bank statements+my bank statement ++tax receipts. as for me i don't have any real property yet. hey since im just 25 years old.:) i go out of the country every year for the last 5 years for vacation.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
j10 said:
omg! thank you ridz and candelight

yes that's what i did i presented my parents' fix assets + tax documents and bank statements+my bank statement ++tax receipts. as for me i don't have any real property yet. hey since im just 25 years old.:) i go out of the country every year for the last 5 years for vacation.
Then your refusal was probably just bad luck :(. Are your parents sponsoring you are you sponsoring yourself? You'll also have to provide the sponsor's proof of income. And note that the sponsor's annual income should exceed your expenses (plus the expenses of any dependents of the sponsor). That also accounts for financial establishment of the sponsor.

j10

Jul 26, 2011
RIDZ said:
Then your refusal was probably just bad luck :(. Are your parents sponsoring you are you sponsoring yourself? You'll also have to provide the sponsor's proof of income. And note that the sponsor's annual income should exceed your expenses (plus the expenses of any dependents of the sponsor). That also accounts for financial establishment of the sponsor.
yeah i think its just a pure bad luck...my parents are sponsoring me. i provided source of income+tax documents, employment certificates and my parents income exceeds my expenses. i guess i just didn't elaborate the details about my application on my SOP.

ehsanelahi

Jul 16, 2011
hi Ridz please read my post it is very urgent to mention it in application
I want to show my father business as he is partner with some one in Dubai for past 4 years. please help me that what i should mention in this for the Visa officer, how to write topic for father business any sample available please provide me that, second how i can satisfied him that i want return to my homeland.
ehsanelahi2011@hotmail.com

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
ehsanelahi said:
hi Ridz please read my post it is very urgent to mention it in application
I want to show my father business as he is partner with some one in Dubai for past 4 years. please help me that what i should mention in this for the Visa officer, how to write topic for father business any sample available please provide me that, second how i can satisfied him that i want return to my homeland.
ehsanelahi2011 @ hotmail.com
Yes, I came across your thread and I'll be posting my replies there :)

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
does attaching a two way airline ticket with my application strengthens the reason that i am going back to my country?

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
does attaching a two way airline ticket with my application strengthens the reason that i am going back to my country?
That is supposed to be for visitors only. Even applicants who attached their return tickets got their visa refused so tickets hardly have an impact on the decision. You can attach a PNR if you want but I wouldn't suggest doing that nor issuing a ticket. Because
1. You'll be wasting money in case your visa gets refused (may God forbid) and
2. You can never be sure of when exactly your classes end as classes are subject to change.

The choice is yours. I still say NO to tickets :)

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
Hi RIDZ,

I think i am not going to do that anymore. by the way, is one property enough to show my ties on my country? i dont have any business or job. it seems like im running out of options.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
Hi RIDZ,

I think i am not going to do that anymore. by the way, is one property enough to show my ties on my country? i dont have any business or job. it seems like im running out of options.
It would be better if you could provide more than one property. And you since you don't have a job or a business, you could at least provide your experience. And SOP matters a lot too. Your words alone could be enough to melt the VO's heart ;) (if you're lucky i.e. :p)

Do remember to mention about how your course could provide you with better job opportunities in your HOME COUNTRY and how studying in Philippines could end you up with a "lagging" career. Remember to point out the bond you have with your family and how you plan to look after them once you're done studying in Canada. Illustrate your "ties" through different aspects. It is not limited to monetary entities only ;)

Take a look at the study plans I sent you earlier and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about. In the mean time, see if you can do any more about the properties.

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
hi RIDZ,

how about a US visit visa? sorry, this is not related to my previous question but do u think this might help in the approval of my application?

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
hi RIDZ,

how about a US visit visa? sorry, this is not related to my previous question but do u think this might help in the approval of my application?
Well travel history has its contribution I suppose. Last year, I applied with a fresh passport and I was refused. My passport didn't have much validity left so this year I issued a new passport and traveled to Dubai, before I applied.

Since you have a clean record of not violating the rules while you were in USA, the VO will very likely consider that you would want to keep it that way and will leave Canada at the end of your study period.

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
Sorry RITZ, what i meant is that what if i applied for a US visit visa first and luckily get approved then straight away apply for a study permit in canada. would it mean a high chance of approval? thanks a lot for the patience man.. :)