+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapply to TRV / Some questions (purpose and proof of income)

li_daidouji28

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Good day to everyone.

I would like to seek an advise about re-applying for Temporary Resident Permit to Canada. My husband and I applied last Dec. 2019 for our exploratory visit (for about 9 days) to Morden Manitoba supposedly this February 2020. Unfortunately, we’ve got a refusal letter with three notes: Travel History, family ties in Canada and in the country of residence (we are currently residing in Qatar), and personal assets and financial status.

Here are the documents we’ve submitted so far along with the set of forms as required for TRV application:
  • Application form (husband & wife)
  • Family Information form (husband & wife)
  • Morden Invitation letter
  • Passport copy (husband & wife)
  • Qatar Resident Permit (husband & wife)
  • Exit/entry stamp in the passport (including Visa stamps; we acquired Schengen Visa and travelled to Paris and Rome last March 2016)
  • Marriage contract
  • Salary certificate on company letter head (husband & wife)
  • Bank statement (wife only)
  • Land title (home country)
  • Ticket booking (dummy only)
  • Hotel reservation (booking.com)
We understand that we missed a lot of information on the process and just followed as per the list of requirements listed in CIC website and VFS checklist (minimum requirements), and rushed to submit our application. We’ve made a mistake and learned that we need to attached far more documents in order to convince the Visa Officer that we will leave Canada after our visit.

We’re planning to re-apply as soon as we complete other additional documents that will support the notes they mentioned in the refusal letter. Here are the following:

1. Travel History
  • Travel history summary (husband & wife)
  • Travel itinerary
  • Exit/entry stamp in the passport (including Visa stamps; we acquired Schengen Visa and travelled to Paris and Rome last March 2016)
2. (a) Family ties in Canada
  • We do not have any relative or close friends in any province of Canada, so we don’t understand why they put a note in this matter in the refusal letter.
  • We mentioned in the application form the name of the person who issued us the Invitation letter from Morden City as Immigration Coordinator. Is this a bad point? Should we mention this in the form or not? Kindly advise.
(b) Family ties in the country of Residence (We have a daughter who is currently studying here in Qatar and she will not be travelling with us.)

- Qatar Resident Permit of our daughter
-Birth Certificate of our daughter
- School admission certificate & school ID of our daughter
- School payment receipts
- Affidavit letter of my friend who will take care of our child while we're on leave/during our travel
- Signed leave application from our employer (husband & wife)
- Car registration certificate in Qatar (husband & wife)
- Telephone & internet bill/plan (husband)

3. Personal assets & financial status
  • Bank statement (husband & wife)
  • Pay slip (husband & wife)
  • Land title with tax receipts and current market value (home country)
We’ll be providing also a cover letter to explain the purpose of our visit and to show the list of our supporting documents.

May I request please from anyone who could give their advise in the above mentioned notes and documents. Also, do we really need to book a confirmed flight?

Thank you in advance and a blessed day ahead.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day to everyone.

I would like to seek an advise about re-applying for Temporary Resident Permit to Canada. My husband and I applied last Dec. 2019 for our exploratory visit (for about 9 days) to Morden Manitoba supposedly this February 2020. Unfortunately, we’ve got a refusal letter with three notes: Travel History, family ties in Canada and in the country of residence (we are currently residing in Qatar), and personal assets and financial status.

Here are the documents we’ve submitted so far along with the set of forms as required for TRV application:
  • Application form (husband & wife)
  • Family Information form (husband & wife)
  • Morden Invitation letter
  • Passport copy (husband & wife)
  • Qatar Resident Permit (husband & wife)
  • Marriage contract
  • Bank statement (wife only)
  • Land title (home country)
  • Ticket booking (dummy only)
  • Hotel reservation (booking.com)
We understand that we missed a lot of information on the process and just followed as per the list of requirements listed in CIC website and VFS checklist (minimum requirements), and rushed to submit our application. We’ve made a mistake and learned that we need to attached far more documents in order to convince the Visa Officer that we will leave Canada after our visit.

We’re planning to re-apply as soon as we complete other additional documents that will support the notes they mentioned in the refusal letter. Here are the following:

1. Travel History
  • Travel history summary (husband & wife)
  • Travel itinerary
2. (a) Family ties in Canada
  • We do not have any relative or close friends in any province of Canada, so we don’t understand why they put a note in this matter in the refusal letter.
  • We mentioned in the application form the name of the person who issued us the Invitation letter from Morden City as Immigration Coordinator. Is this a bad point? Should we mention this in the form or not? Kindly advise.
(b) Family ties in the country of Residence (We have a daughter who is currently studying here in Qatar and she will not be travelling with us.)

- Qatar Resident Permit of our daughter
-Birth Certificate of our daughter
- School admission certificate & school ID of our daughter
- School payment receipts
- Affidavit letter of my friend who will take care of our child while we're on leave/during our travel
- Signed leave application from our employer (husband & wife)
- Car registration certificate in Qatar (husband & wife)
- Telephone & internet bill/plan (husband)

3. Personal assets & financial status
  • Bank statement (husband & wife)
  • Pay slip (husband & wife)
  • Land title with tax receipts and current market value (home country)
We’ll be providing also a cover letter to explain the purpose of our visit and to show the list of our supporting documents.

May I request please from anyone who could give their advise in the above mentioned notes and documents. Also, do we really need to book a confirmed flight?

Thank you in advance and a blessed day ahead.
What country are you from (citizenship)?

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
What country are you from (citizenship)?
Hi canuck78...can i apply for my wife and my kid 6 year old for trv as my brother is PR in canada and hv invitation letter .....my wife is govt teacher with annual salary of 6 lacs.....if they gt approved i will apply later on ....wt u suggest is it good practice to show home ties????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78...can i apply for my wife and my kid 6 year old for trv as my brother is PR in canada and hv invitation letter .....my wife is govt teacher with annual salary of 6 lacs.....if they gt approved i will apply later on ....wt u suggest is it good practice to show home ties????
You still don’t have the personal savings to qualify. Business accounts and line of credits do not count for visitors since business accounts are supposed to be used to run your business. You can certainly try that technique if you are prepared not to go with them. Your amount of liquid personal savings will continue to be an issue.

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
You still don’t have the personal savings to qualify. Business accounts and line of credits do not count for visitors since business accounts are supposed to be used to run your business. You can certainly try that technique if you are prepared not to go with them. Your amount of liquid personal savings will continue to be an issue.
She has her savings close to 8000 dollars.....16000 dollars in PPF....i made mistake in my last application by showing business account as personal which i think was wrong.....now my wife and my kid will apply and i will not.....i wil apply later after 4 months....she got her Form 16 and all other docs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She has her savings close to 8000 dollars.....16000 dollars in PPF....i made mistake in my last application by showing business account as personal which i think was wrong.....now my wife and my kid will apply and i will not.....i wil apply later after 4 months....she got her Form 16 and all other docs
8k is not enough in ,y opinion but you can see what CIC says.

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Over 10k for wife and child but there is no exact figure. It would not make sense for any person to be spend a large portion of their savings on a 2 week trip.
[/QUOTE
Thats totally luck game then......if someone wants to meet his/her family in canada and to roam....one will spend money bcuz he/she knows that in coming months after trip they are going to receive money as salary or profit thats why i saw ppl getting trv with even 6000 dollars bcuz they are employed in home country....well who knows how visa officers think....well thanks for the support n i will tjink over it

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Over 10k for wife and child but there is no exact figure. It would not make sense for any person to be spend a large portion of their savings on a 2 week trip.
Thats totally luck game then......if someone wants to meet his/her family in canada and to roam....one will spend money bcuz he/she knows that in coming months after trip they are going to receive money as salary or profit thats why i saw ppl getting trv with even 6000 dollars bcuz they are employed in home country....well who knows how visa officers think....well thanks for the support n i will tjink over it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s slightly about luck but more like a review of the whole application. The 6K is unusual. Mostly parents from countries where the cost of living and salaries are significantly lower. Most get denied if they have under 10k in savings. VO have to go on information when someone applies not potential future payouts or increases in salary after the visa application.

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
It’s slightly about luck but more like a review of the whole application. The 6K is unusual. Mostly parents from countries where the cost of living and salaries are significantly lower. Most get denied if they have under 10k in savings. VO have to go on information when someone applies not potential future payouts or increases in salary after the visa application.
I have FD of 10000 dollars....can i liquidate it before applying and show it as POF for trv....?