+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really need some help, plz

darwich

Jan 22, 2008
jenny23 said:
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I already sent in the medical exam when i sent in all the papers for sponsorship. I made sure we completed the medical, criminal record check, letter of employment in lebanon and tuns of pics. I think it might be a short time now since they have had all this information for over 5 months now. Thanks again.
hi jenny23...
hope you allready done and your husband with you now ..i have same situation with my wife she had interveiw at the canadian embassy in beirut 27/nov/2007 same date as your husband had ..i travelled to lebanon be4 to be with her at the interveiw ..they told her at the interveiw she have to wait 6-8 weeks so till now nothing no news its almost 8 weeks now ...really i don't know what to do now ..i tried to call the embassy but they told me i have to send fax or email no phone calls.. pls if you have any suggestions about what will happened next or what to do ....waitting waitting ...please help

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maroraza

well jenny i understand your situation right now you feeling maybe your heart in throat but dear nothing to worry as you got marry ...... patience keep paith and my prayers are with you everything will be fine,
Stream of consciousness :)

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there.. I have an update on my case. The embassy sent us a letter today asking my husband to renew his passport and send them a copy of it since his expires in April. I am a little confused why they would want it to be renewed if its good until April. I am also wondering if this could be the last step before they issue him a visa. They only asked for a copy so this makes me wonder. If anyone has any idea or has been in the same situation as this and could tell me what could happen next after we mail this. I am hoping this is all they want to issue him a visa. Thank you very much..

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Jubs said:
If my british boyfriend of 2 years comes over to Canada and we get married. Is he legally able to stay here and when would he be able to find work?
If you get married, you would still have to sponsor him for immigration. He cannot stay in Canada indefinitely or work without restriction unless he becomes a permanent resident.

Once you start the immigration process and he receives approval in principle (AIP), he can apply for an open work permit, which should be valid until he receives PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp