+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really need some help, plz

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there..I wrote here before but noone responded to me..I really need some helpful information.. I am currently trying to sponsor my husband from Lebanon. Everything went well and he had his interview November 27th, 2007.. The visa officer told him at the end of his interview that he did very well and he would recieve a call from the embassy in less then 6 weeks to pick up his visa. He also said that they would not require any more documents. After this i returned to Lebanon to bring my husband to Canada with me. One week later we recieved a letter from the embassy saying they required 2 more documents. We sent those in and did not hear anything for one month.. A few days ago i sent them an e-mail asking them what my status was and they sent us this letter:

We confirm the receipt of the requested documents.

Please be informed that the application is under review. When a final decision is made or if we require additional information, a request will be sent to you by mail or fax.

Please be patient and keep your case status requests to a minimum.

Regards,

Immigration Section - FCU

I am just wondering now if anyone could help me and tell me how long it could possibly take from this step now. Our application has been in process for 6 months now and we are getting a little restless..Thank you for your time

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
go on the following link to check how long it is taking to process the application by CIC outside canada. In my personal opinion, whatever interviewer says is meaningless and should not be taken as final word. I am going through the same agony of waiting after my interview even though the interviewer told me they will give me decision in two weeks time. Ands its almost four months now. You have to be very patient and dont send status query requests anymore, it only annoys them and they will send a refusal. There is nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best. Sorry to give you a bleak picture but I am writing you from my personal experience. Best of Luck.

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
hi..Thanks for your reply.. I went on the website and it says that 20% of cases are processed in 2 months and then it says 80% are processed in 6 months. Four months after the interview is a long time..I hope its not the same for us. Do you kno if alot of cases can over the 6 months if it says that 80% are processed in 6 months. Where are you being sponsored from? Thanks for the help..

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
I am being sponsored from Pakistan. When they say 20% of the cases are finalized in two months that doesnt mean that all cases are given PR. The number of cases complete also include refusal cases. So plz dont think that all cases are accepted during their time frames. I hope and pray your case will not prolong more than necessary, unlike mine. I am not sure how many cases take more than six months to be completed, but i do have a feeling that there must considerable number of applications which stretch beyond their given timeline. Many factors affect the timeframe depending upon nature of each case. If you are labanese by birth and got immigration later in life and now sponsoring your husband from lebanon then your case is much simpiler and straight forward. But if you are white canadian sponsoring a lebanese husband then it might take longer in my opinion. Most of the delay will come from your husband's side where his application is being processed, God forbid, if the delay do come in play. Wish you all the best.

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi,Thank you for your reply..I am Canadian by birth with no arabic background. My husband and i met on the Net over 2 years ago and i spent one year here after we got married b4 i went home to start the sponsorship. I was worried about the background differences as well. I really hope it won't affect anything for us. I hope things work out for you as well and thank you again..

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Well I hope you will hear a good news soon from them. Its only six months or so since you started processing your application as i understand, which is ordinary time and nothing to feel apprehensions about. But i do understand your feelings. Just take it easy and try not to get it on ur nerves. The waiting game is the most hardest to win. But you two will win eventually if you stay calm and understanding to eachother. take care.

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Thanks again for your reply.. Do you kno anything about hiring immigration lawyers? Do you kno if they can find out more information about my case then i could or if they could help speed things up? My mom is going in for major sergury in Canada on the 7th of Feb and i came here to bring my husband home with me since the immigration officer told my husband 6 weeks. I though by coming here late Novemeber that i would beable to return to canada with my husband this time, in time for my mom's sergury. Its not looking like its gonna turn out that way so i was thinking since i have one month left b4 my mom goes into the hospital to hire a lawyer to do some digging for me. Would you happen to kno if this would help or if it would be a good idea.. I don't wanna waste my money and still be in the same situtuation.. Thanks again and good luck to you.

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi There.. Thanks for your reply. I spoke with a friend of my husbands who is a lawyer today and he said the same thing you did. He also said when the visa officer told my husband 6-8 weeks and he will have his visa, they usually say this bc they are 80-90% sure by the looks of your case that the embassy will make the decision in this time. I guess i just have to join the waiting game and hope the visa officer was right..I will keep you guys posted.Thank you

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Lawyers are only good for filling forms and preparing documents when the applicant is not sure about it or inconfident to fill it themselves. They do not help in speeding up the process or ensure desirable results. Your case has not reached the point to request for CAIPS. Its a computer generated information about your husband's file in his country being processed. It indicates the status and reason of delay for his application. In my opinion you should wait a bit more and unfortunately if you dont hear any good news from them then you should request for CAIPS to find out what is it that making a delay. Wish you all the best!

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there.. Thank you again for your response. Please keep me posted on your situation and let me kno how everything goes for you. Thank you and goodluck!

dallasgal8050

Star Member
Dec 5, 2007
Jenny

I'm being sponsored from the United States, and my husband is Canadian. How long do you think
it will take for the entire process? We have a long history together and have documentation of that
over 2 years.

What questions do they ask in the interview process and how long does that take??

Dallasgal

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there. I am not sure the exact time for sponsorship from the USA. I assume it would be 6 months..You can look on the Canada immigration website. www.cic.gc.ca. They will just ask you basic questions at your interview if you need one. They will ask you the same questions that you wrote in your application so make sure you have the dates right.They will ask you how you met, how you spent your time together just to make sure your relationship is genuine. My husbands interview lasted about 30min. If you didn't submit pictures or wedding pics with your application make sure you bring some just to be safe. Hope that was some help for you. Goodluck

Jubs

Jan 11, 2008
If my british boyfriend of 2 years comes over to Canada and we get married. Is he legally able to stay here and when would he be able to find work?

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
well jenny i understand your situation right now you feeling maybe your heart in throat but dear nothing to worry as you got marry now its your birth right to be with your husband one thing i tell you there isnt any law who can kept away your husband from you its takes little long time because so many people now a days apply for Canadian immigration or else due to this they have so many applications under process and beause of this its took long , as from asian and middle eastren countries so many people apply for Canada thats why its took more long , my one friend got married with canadian girl he got visa after 2 years but he was from pakistan and that time there was no canadian embassy in pakistan he contect to canadian embassy in india but he got finally visa , so dont bother embassy by asking again and again , if they needed any information they can send letter to you or your husband all you have to provide things to them i understand its very difficult to wait but you both have to wait and my prayers are with you that you will get positive news but dont forget its takes time for Canadian visa to get after marriage due to so many applicants they have , i give you simple example if someone apply for Canadian immigration from Asia like pakistan , india , srilanka or else where in Asia its took 2 to 4 years to compelet Process but if someone apply same immigration from Europe its took only 6 to 8 months factor is from Asia so many people apply and embassy have lots of work to do but from Europe only few people apply for it so decision they make quick,now throw your worries and keep faith as i said there isnt any Law in world who can keep apart you and your husband its you and your husband right to be together soon or later he will get visa for sure , or incase they refuse its not the end of world you can appeal and then you need for Lawyer and lawyer are not able speed up things so dont go for lawyer now or waste your money , and they only refuse cases if incase someone has crimal record or you didnt pay tax or you not able Suport in canada your husband at the begining so in these case if they refuse dosnt mean its end its mean you have to correct those eligation which they put up if lack of tax you have to pay them and apply again but i think you dont have these problem in your case as your husband is after interview now , one more thing yet before issue visa they will ask your husband for Medical examan and madical means they ready to issue visa, so be patience keep paith and my prayers are with you everything will be fine, Goodluck

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I already sent in the medical exam when i sent in all the papers for sponsorship. I made sure we completed the medical, criminal record check, letter of employment in lebanon and tuns of pics. I think it might be a short time now since they have had all this information for over 5 months now. Thanks again.