+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really need help about BOWP - WP expire soon :(

zeecaniago

Jul 15, 2012
Please help, my work permit will expire soon :( FYI: My current WP is a PGWP and I am eligible to apply for BOWP.

So, I tried to apply for BOWP online. When I got to the section where I was asked to upload documents, there are only 3 mandatory forms I need to upload:

- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
- Passport or travel document
- Digital Photo

If you look at the document checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp), it asks for:

- Photocopy of current immigration document.
- Photocopy of job offer / contract.

How do you upload the other two documents? Do we need to upload them?

P.S: After I answer the questionnaires (individual checklist), I got 3 options: Work Permit, Open Work Permit and Temporary Visa. I chose Open Work Permit, Is it the right one?

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
zeecaniago said:
Please help, my work permit will expire soon :( FYI: My current WP is a PGWP and I am eligible to apply for BOWP.

So, I tried to apply for BOWP online. When I got to the section where I was asked to upload documents, there are only 3 mandatory forms I need to upload:

- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
- Passport or travel document
- Digital Photo

If you look at the document checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp), it asks for:

- Photocopy of current immigration document.
In my case, I scanned both of my PGWP (I had two) along with my passport
- Photocopy of job offer / contract.
Do not include your employment letter. Also, do not indicate your employer information in IMM5710 even if you have one. In my case, I put "N/A as this application is for Bridging Open Work Permit." I also recommend attaching an explanation letter along with your AOR just to be on a safe side.

How do you upload the other two documents? Do we need to upload them?

P.S: After I answer the questionnaires (individual checklist), I got 3 options: Work Permit, Open Work Permit and Temporary Visa. I chose Open Work Permit, Is it the right one?
that is correct
Good luck to you :)

zeecaniago

Jul 15, 2012
Ottawa10 said:
Good luck to you :)
About the employer information, are you referring to this: "Details of my prospective employer"? What about the "Complete Address of Employer", "My Occupation in Canada will be" and "Duration of expected employment", do you write "N/A" too?

I am sorry for the questions. I am a quite nervous about my situation right now. Did you get your BOWP already? When did you apply?

Thank you.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
zeecaniago said:
About the employer information, are you referring to this: "Details of my prospective employer"? What about the "Complete Address of Employer", "My Occupation in Canada will be" and "Duration of expected employment", do you write "N/A" too?

Under "Details of my prospective employer", I put "N/A as this is an application for Bridging Open Work Permit. Although I am employed, I left the rest of them in blank except for location, which I put my current city and duration of expected employment which is 1 year. Again, you should include your explanation letter, stating that your application is for Bridging Open Work Permit and you are the principal applicant for PR and received AOR (indicate your PR application number and attach the AOR email you received). The reason for keeping the employment details in blank is to avoid any confusion for visa officers. They may mistake your application as closed WP which requires LMO.

I am sorry for the questions. I am a quite nervous about my situation right now. Did you get your BOWP already? When did you apply?

No worries. I was in your shoe until recently. I was so nervous because I had some computer glitch when I applied online. I applied electronically in mid March and was approved in the end of April. So long as you meet all the criteria for BOWP, you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you.

zeecaniago

Jul 15, 2012
Ottawa10, Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

What did you choose for "I am applying for one or more of the following:"

- A work permit with the same employer
- A work permit with a new employer
- Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Thanks again.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
zeecaniago said:
Ottawa10, Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

What did you choose for "I am applying for one or more of the following:"

- A work permit with the same employer I selected this one.
- A work permit with a new employer
- Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Thanks again.

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please refer below links for any BOWP questions/clarifications

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully-t139027.0.html

Berm88

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
I recently applied for a BOWP and I did indicate my current employer and I put my job offer letter... I did not attach my AOR though, is this really bad?
I don't think there's a way for me to include the AOR at this stage anymore or the letter of explanation, I am freaking out!!! Please help!!

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Berm88 said:
I recently applied for a BOWP and I did indicate my current employer and I put my job offer letter... I did not attach my AOR though, is this really bad?
I don't think there's a way for me to include the AOR at this stage anymore or the letter of explanation, I am freaking out!!! Please help!!
Did you indicate your PR application number or indicate that you are a principal applicant for PR and received AOR?
If you did, you should be fine. These tips above are supporting doc to be extra cautious.