+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Read this if you lost your COPR

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
Assuming this is for a PR app, no, you need a COPR. Contact the visa office.
Yes, this is for a PR application. Our passport was sent to CPC Ottawa, and we're in US, its not possible to physically visit

We have contacted in every possible way - email, webform, phone. Its near impossible to get hold of an IRCC agent on call. What should we do?? We have not received any response on the webform or email except that they have received our webform.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, this is for a PR application. Our passport was sent to CPC Ottawa, and we're in US, its not possible to physically visit

We have contacted in every possible way - email, webform, phone. Its near impossible to get hold of an IRCC agent on call. What should we do?? We have not received any response on the webform or email except that they have received our webform.
Are you sure that they returned and didn't send you any kind of electronic form of the COPR?

Try your MP. (If you don't have one yet, use the one where you plan to live)

also keep calling, call first thing, keep trying.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
Are you sure that they returned and didn't send you any kind of electronic form of the COPR?

Try your MP. (If you don't have one yet, use the one where you plan to live)

also keep calling, call first thing, keep trying.
Yes, we haven't received any email and dont have anything updated on our cic portal either.

The last communication we got was the passport request form. We have a flight on Jan 10....should we take the flight & explain our situation to the immigration officials there?

Is contacting the MP risky? will it affect the application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, we haven't received any email and dont have anything updated on our cic portal either.

The last communication we got was the passport request form. We have a flight on Jan 10....should we take the flight & explain our situation to the immigration officials there?

Is contacting the MP risky? will it affect the application
Sorry, with effectively only a day for you to decide, don't know what to suggest you. Read the information you got back with the passport again, triple read, check carefully.

No, MP won't harm anything. Just they may not be able to help in a day.

YOu can also try calling CBSA - although not directly their responsibility, it will be a CBSA officer at the airport deals with you.

Note: in principle, CBSA should have an electronic version of the COPR in their system. In principle, they should be able to print it out. I have even heard of one or two cases.

But I don't know if this means a huge problem at airport or whether it will work at all. No guarantees whatsoever.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
Thanks a lot! The fact that CBSA has an electronic version gives us a lot of hope

At this point, atleast landing in Canada seems to be the closest way to speak to an official and get some info on next steps... because missing the expiry on the visa would be a big mistake!

Even if we delay the flight, the visa expires on Feb 8. We have hired this lawyer for a quick chat tomorrow, we'll see what he says. Seems like we need a lot of luck and hope on our side at the airport to explain our situation! Phew.
Sorry, with effectively only a day for you to decide, don't know what to suggest you. Read the information you got back with the passport again, triple read, check carefully.

No, MP won't harm anything. Just they may not be able to help in a day.

YOu can also try calling CBSA - although not directly their responsibility, it will be a CBSA officer at the airport deals with you.

Note: in principle, CBSA should have an electronic version of the COPR in their system. In principle, they should be able to print it out. I have even heard of one or two cases.

But I don't know if this means a huge problem at airport or whether it will work at all. No guarantees whatsoever.

Reactions: armoured

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
Does this apply for a situation where no COPR was received? We only got our passports stamped with single entry visa & no COPR doc.
We only have three weeks until it expires and are not sure on next steps....Can they print our doc at the entry point? Our application is approved on cic website. PLease help!!
Hello,
It is a bit strange that you did not get a COPR with the passports. If you have got the passports stamped with a one-time entry visa, I suggest you take the flight to Toronto. Please make sure it is Toronto International Airport or Montreal. The bigger airports can handle such situations.
You could try reaching out to IRCC but it has been a waste of time for me.
If you share your number/contact here I can ping you and act as a witness for the same.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
I know right! We consulted a lawyer too and he suggested that we take the flight & they'll most likely print it for us. It seems to have been a strange case of someone's negligence/forgetfulness... we're going to Calgary though. Do you have any idea of Calgary airport handling such cases. And what does act as witness mean? Like, certify that a similar incident happened with you , at the time of enquiry?
Hello,
It is a bit strange that you did not get a COPR with the passports. If you have got the passports stamped with a one-time entry visa, I suggest you take the flight to Toronto. Please make sure it is Toronto International Airport or Montreal. The bigger airports can handle such situations.
You could try reaching out to IRCC but it has been a waste of time for me.
If you share your number/contact here I can ping you and act as a witness for the same.

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
I know right! We consulted a lawyer too and he suggested that we take the flight & they'll most likely print it for us. It seems to have been a strange case of someone's negligence/forgetfulness... we're going to Calgary though. Do you have any idea of Calgary airport handling such cases. And what does act as witness mean? Like, certify that a similar incident happened with you , at the time of enquiry?
I am the poster of this thread. You can read my experience at the beginning. Not sure/aware about Calgary airport.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
I am the poster of this thread. You can read my experience at the beginning. Not sure/aware about Calgary airport.
Thank you for posting this thread! I could not be more grateful. It gave and my husband hope that such cases can happen & be solved. We landed at Calgary airport as PR and faced no issues. We just told them that we didn't get the CoPR by mail so they printed it for us. Had no issues at all. Phew.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for posting this thread! I could not be more grateful. It gave and my husband hope that such cases can happen & be solved. We landed at Calgary airport as PR and faced no issues. We just told them that we didn't get the CoPR by mail so they printed it for us. Had no issues at all. Phew.
Really glad it worked out for you, congratulations.

blahh

Jan 19, 2023
Hi, I too am in the same situation. I am planning to drive from Seattle to Vancouver to do my soft landing tomorrow.
Did they ask you to show the scanned copy of COPR for reprinting it? I don't even have the scanned copy, hence I am worried.

blahh

Jan 19, 2023
Hi, I too am in the same situation. I am planning to drive from Seattle to Vancouver to do my soft landing tomorrow.
Did they ask you to show the scanned copy of COPR for reprinting it? I don't even have the scanned copy, hence I am worried.
Update : I drove to Vancouver and they turned me away saying that they're unable to print. The lady was very rude.

Mar 4, 2023
Hi,I lost my COPR,I was planned to travel Montreal by the end of April.Now only I came to know about the missing COPR.My visa will be expiring 26 June 2023.What should I do?can you give me any suggestion?

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
Hi,I lost my COPR,I was planned to travel Montreal by the end of April.Now only I came to know about the missing COPR.My visa will be expiring 26 June 2023.What should I do?can you give me any suggestion?
If you have the visa stamped and passport, just visit the airport and they should print it at the border.