+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Read this if you lost your COPR

Mar 4, 2023
I lost COPR before landing .my visa expires in June 2023.I have applied for urgent VOS .it’s been two months ,no reply.my destination is Montreal and ticket is on June 7.what should I do?

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
I lost COPR before landing .my visa expires in June 2023.I have applied for urgent VOS .it’s been two months ,no reply.my destination is Montreal and ticket is on June 7.what should I do?
Hi, I was in a similar situation earlier this year in January. My spouse & I got our passports stamped without any COPR and the visa expiry was just 2 months. We ended up flying to our dest (Calgary) with only the PR Visa stamps & explained the situation to authorities at airport & they printed our COPRs right there. It was no hassle at all. We also tried every way to reach out to IRCC before landing & all attempts were futile....so I totally understand your stress right now! But I think there is no other way of reaching out to them apart from the airport itself. Just make sure you have alll the docs with you, in case needed & just be honest with your situation - explain them & they'll understand.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Do you have a copy of the COPR? Like, took a scan or photocopy when you got it?

[Note to others: please please please when you get correspondence esp of official docs from government, take a scan or picture or make a copy and put it somewhere else.]

Because bottom line is the COPR itself is not that special a document. Having a copy won't be the 'iofficial' one but would probably be enough to convince everyone involved all is good and they'll print a new one.