+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Read this if you lost your COPR

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
Hi People,

DHL had lost my COPR in transit when it was being sent from India. I had made my home address in India the recipient of my papers.
So, my family had sent the COPR through DHL which was lost. I, however, had a crude scanned copy of the same.

After trying to contact IRCC unsuccessfully for a month, I decided to go to Canada via land as the expiry of COPR was approaching in less than three weeks.

In my research, I found out that COPR is printed at POE. Hence, I entered Canada through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel. The lady there denied me entry. It was Saturday evening, so her supervisor is not in the office. However, they were very adamant about not printing it there and that IRCC is the only one who can do it. I told them that I have taken all the steps to contact IRCC but they are not responding. She apologized and sent me back to the USA.

On Monday, I tried reaching IRCC by phone but there was no representative available. By afternoon, I had given up and then I thought that maybe Toronto Airport would have a different take. Since the visa was expiring in three weeks, I took the risk of using the single entry visa here.
I flew to Toronto the next day from the USA. On arriving at the immigration window, I told her that I do not have the original but a copy. She printed it instantly and told me she does not understand why this was not printed in Windsor. She encouraged me to file a complaint.

And that is how I landed myself as a Permanent Resident in Canada.

Moral of the story: YYZ is more adept at handling one-off cases compared to any other point of entry. CBSA under various locations acts differently. So, if you are an outlier use YYZ as your destination.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What is the baggage situation in YYZ now?
We went through last week and immigration/customs/baggage were all fine. This was relatively late in evening. Immigration was the shortest lines I've seen in a long time (although not frequent travellers). Departure security a few weeks ago also wasn't bad.

From various friends/family, most have said no or only minor issues, some delays yes of the flights themselves, consider themselves lucky that were all under an hour. (A lot of delays were in the less than half hour that I don't even consider a delay.)

YYMV of course and I'm not saying this is a big sample - even at the peak of the YYZ troubles I was hearing it just varied from day to day, so random chance. But a month/1.5 ago friend who travels a lot was having problems everywhere he travelled to. So it seems has got somewhat better.

Reactions: bellaluna

Durga1234

Feb 16, 2021
How did you get your single entry visa. I’m in the same situation now I have lost my COPR before landing when I call the border people they are saying that it should be okay to enter with a scan copy. Where can I apply for Single entry visa

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
How did you get your single entry visa. I’m in the same situation now I have lost my COPR before landing when I call the border people they are saying that it should be okay to enter with a scan copy. Where can I apply for Single entry visa
I am sorry but this advice is only for people who lost only COPR and not both passport and COPR.
If you didn't lose your passport, the single entry visa comes stamped, doesn't it?

Durga1234

Feb 16, 2021
I have the visa stamp and passport. So I can just book a flight and go to Toronto. Please give me some advice what to do now. I have contacted the New york visa office to get a new copr but they have not responded me yet

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
I have the visa stamp and passport. So I can just book a flight and go to Toronto. Please give me some advice what to do now. I have contacted the New york visa office to get a new copr but they have not responded me yet
I don't understand. Why do you need a single entry visa when you already have a passport with visa stamped.

However, just take a flight to Toronto international Airport. The flight people do not know that you also need a COPR. They will allow you to board. Take two photos with you. Then land at YYZ and complete your landing. Don't waste your time with IRCC and consulates. I didn't get a reply for my June webforms. I tried all these tips and tricks and finally just took a flight to YYZ.

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
Show us your COPR. Say you have a scanned copy and have done everything under the sun to replace it. And that you heard that YYZ prints the COPRs if needed.
At the first counter, the officer will check if you passport and COPR. He/She won't check if it is genuine or scanned. Just take the form from that and proceed to immigration where they will print the COPRs if needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this is slightly more complicated than you are saying. You must have permanent status in the US, have a US visitor visa, have a Canadian TRV, etc. to do all this.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
Does this apply for a situation where no COPR was received? We only got our passports stamped with single entry visa & no COPR doc.
We only have three weeks until it expires and are not sure on next steps....Can they print our doc at the entry point? Our application is approved on cic website. PLease help!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does this apply for a situation where no COPR was received? We only got our passports stamped with single entry visa & no COPR doc.
We only have three weeks until it expires and are not sure on next steps....Can they print our doc at the entry point? Our application is approved on cic website. PLease help!!
Assuming this is for a PR app, no, you need a COPR. Contact the visa office.