+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reached Canada

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Hi friends,
I have reached Canada and now in my University doing some research :D. My experience here is much better than my Europe visit. Afridi and Sardar I guess you are the next to follow me wishing all of you very best. By the way any body knows what happened to nazia2k has she got her visa.

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
hey sab thats great man and very relieving that first u have reached safely to canada and secondly that u r still addin to this forum for people lyk us who r waitin for their visa.. thank you so much for that man.. Well i dont know where is Sardar.. havent heard of him for long man.. and i mailed nazia so many times but i guess she is wrecked up and refused so thaz y dont wana share anything.. Khair Sab i am still waiting.. Yaar can u please tell me that
1. when were ur classes supposed to start..
2. i mean May or sep..
3. which state and Univ..
4. How was ur experience at the airport..
5. which degree u r pursuing.

Please Keep in touch man..
good luck with ur future

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
It is sad to know that she got rejected.
Well I am a PhD student so classes are not an issue, I have to take only 3 courses.I am planning to take these courses in SEP. I am in University of New Brunswick.
I went by PIA's Direct Toronto flight.
My experience at Pakistan airport was not good although I have no problem but with me there were two other students one of then was going 2 month earlier than his scheduled classes and FIA people were question him the other one was going a little late and they were asking him for extension letter from university so he could join late.Since I was also 15 days late they asked me the for letter which I did not have but I have an email from my department where I told them that I will be late and the department in reply told me that I could come late. I showed them the email and the let me go.Little later they let other two people go as well but my guess is that FIA got paid by them.

On Canadian airport there was no issue I got my study permit issued at airport and the immigration officer also asked me if my department know I am coming late I showed her my email as well.The other two people were also issued the study permit.

maan2010

Jul 31, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Request
01-June-2011
Med's Done....
03-June-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-August-2011(Stamped on August 5, 2011)
LANDED..........
4-September-2011(Insha'Allah)
Sab479 said:
It is sad to know that she got rejected.
Well I am a PhD student so classes are not an issue, I have to take only 3 courses.I am planning to take these courses in SEP. I am in University of New Brunswick.
I went by PIA's Direct Toronto flight.
My experience at Pakistan airport was not good although I have no problem but with me there were two other students one of then was going 2 month earlier than his scheduled classes and FIA people were question him the other one was going a little late and they were asking him for extension letter from university so he could join late.Since I was also 15 days late they asked me the for letter which I did not have but I have an email from my department where I told them that I will be late and the department in reply told me that I could come late. I showed them the email and the let me go.Little later they let other two people go as well but my guess is that FIA got paid by them.

On Canadian airport there was no issue I got my study permit issued at airport and the immigration officer also asked me if my department know I am coming late I showed her my email as well.The other two people were also issued the study permit.
GR8 BRO...wish u gr8 life in Canada.

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Sab....

a question... can u tell me abt the books... are students allowed to take books with them....

pirated books might b an issue but wht abt books whose sale is allowed only in Pakistan/India.....original books.... and in my case print outs of books......

any experience....??????

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
No issues with pirated books CD and software. But keep in mind in PIA you can take two bags each 26 KG or less. but in Canada if you have a local flight the allowed weight is 23 KG and a single bag.Book are too heavy to carry

piratesparade

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
Hi Sab,

How is da weather there n any ting u want to share bout more there , I mean what 2 carry or not and how may new students should get in there like ?

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Weather is really nice here its around 20 to 24 C here.Bring good warm cloths for winter because cloths are bit expensive here, and a good winter jacket may cost around $300. Nothing else is required you can get ever thing from here.

M

mehtab.92

Hey bro,
As you told that one of the person was going 2 month earlier than his scheduled classes and FIA people questioned him?

Do you know basically what kind of question the officer has asked?

What happens with the same person at Canadian Airport?

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Yes I know they were asking him that it is not feasible for him to stay there as it is very expensive and explain to them why he is going so early.The guy was saying he has the legal travel documents and they cannot stop him.Actually they wanted money from him and I guess he has paid some but it is my guess.
In Canada I do not know what was he questioned about, but he went out of the airport with me seems to be no problem in Canada.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
AOA Sab,

Its very nice to know that you have started fine there. You are really helpful here, I need to know if at POE Canada do I have to show immigration officer my Proof of funds or not? and if yes then for the entire stay in convertible form.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Yes They asked for the funding letter from me but it was just a formality and nothing else because I am on scholarship by university. I have funding letter for one year and it will get renewed by next one, so I guess proof of one year will be enough.

romakhalil

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Peshawar
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING FOR THE STICKER :p
LANDED..........
VERY SOON INSHALLAH
ahan thts good bro for sharing ur views and experience of your travel... keep it up