+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-taking medical, after 15 months

May 16, 2018
My profile has been updated, I have been told to submit another medical.

I submitted one approximately 15 months ago (Feb 2018), It seems like an odd time for it to be deemed out of date. I thought they were valid for 12 months.

It's another $600, which of course I will pay for because I've already sunk many thousands into this, but this could go on forever! Do you think this is something automatic that the system has sent me, or is this is a sign that it's the last thing to be done in the process? It'd be a bit rough if I went through it again and then PR got denied for other reasons. Mind you at this stage, there is little that would surprise me.

GCMS notes requested for the 4th time, waiting on them. Other than that, do you have any suggestions or experience with this? I understand it could take three months for my medical to be processed, maybe longer as I am not in Canada, taking processing to 18 months minimum... which is just absurd, surely. Is this going to be a record for longest PR application?

AOR March 2018.

Thanks

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

I submitted one approximately 15 months ago (Feb 2018), It seems like an odd time for it to be deemed out of date. I thought they were valid for 12 months.

It's another $600, which of course I will pay for because I've already sunk many thousands into this, but this could go on forever! Do you think this is something automatic that the system has sent me, or is this is a sign that it's the last thing to be done in the process? It'd be a bit rough if I went through it again and then PR got denied for other reasons. Mind you at this stage, there is little that would surprise me.

GCMS notes requested for the 4th time, waiting on them. Other than that, do you have any suggestions or experience with this? I understand it could take three months for my medical to be processed, maybe longer as I am not in Canada, taking processing to 18 months minimum... which is just absurd, surely. Is this going to be a record for longest PR application?

AOR March 2018.

Thanks
Someone I know (AOR- May 2018) got a second medical request last month and yesterday he got his PPR.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-may-2018-applicants.557988/page-108

Reactions: jetsflytogether

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018

AOR March 2018.

Thanks
That's just absurd. There is this immigration tracker document that would put you easily in the top 1% most delayed applications. Mine is also going on for over 400 days now... I haven't got a request for a medical yet (I submitted 13.5 months ago) but I'm not sure I would take it as calmly as you are doing here.

May 16, 2018
I'm past rage and into despair, now. It seems like hope is a dangerous thing. Top 1% huh? Well F*** me. Thanks for the info. Best of luck to you.

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
Reactions: jetsflytogether
May 16, 2018
Wow, thank you for this, Bram 82.

I didn't realise I was such an outlier. I thought immigration was just over loaded, and CPC vegreville moved so I knew that would cause a delay.
I don't know how to feel, to be honest. I'll just continue to wait. I would like to think that being sent a medical request would mean its coming towards the end of its processing but, that's only a guess.

Cheers