+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Medical for Existing Work Permit.

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
Hello Guys,

I Already have a Work permit for 2 years, that was issued in December 2019, however due to COVID-19, I could not travel to Canada, now I received a letter from CIC in June 2021 stating that my medical expired and advising for re-medical, however there was no IME number issued and when I called the designated medical officer, they said that the Upfront Medical was closed.

Now, When they opened the upfront medical on 25/06/2021, I have my upfront re-medical, however the UMI number on the Original upfront Medical given in 2019 and the one that I gave on 26/06/2021 have different numbers.

My query is : Are medical exams independent of the Work Permit issued? if not then how will my upfront re-medical will get associated with the existing work permit that is valid till December 2021?

P.S : The medical that I gave is e-medical and the results will be directly sent to the CIC

Thanks,

Jul 9, 2021
Same situation here. I did my remedicals on 14th June 2021, and they were sent to IRCC on 16th. I guess it goes by your passport number to be associated with your visa.
Apart from this, I had raised a webform query two weeks back, asking for an update regarding the status of medicals. They replied today and told me that they haven't received my medicals. This was a surprise for me. I enquired at the physician to which they confirmed that they did send all the reports to IRCC.
Nonetheless, I raised a new webform query again today and sent the e-medical receipts as attachments to them. I'm just hoping that I get an approval soon without any issues.

Reactions: abhishekinbox

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
Same situation here. I did my remedicals on 14th June 2021, and they were sent to IRCC on 16th. I guess it goes by your passport number to be associated with your visa.
Apart from this, I had raised a webform query two weeks back, asking for an update regarding the status of medicals. They replied today and told me that they haven't received my medicals. This was a surprise for me. I enquired at the physician to which they confirmed that they did send all the reports to IRCC.
Nonetheless, I raised a new webform query again today and sent the e-medical receipts as attachments to them. I'm just hoping that I get an approval soon without any issues.
I called up the physician after reading your response and they informed me that they submitted my re-medical on 02/07/2021, however I haven't heard from IRCC, I am planning to fill the web form as well now.

I think CIC will be bombarded with the student visa applications and it's easier to overlook remedicals at this time, Thanks for the response.

follow up question: Do you know what they specifically test for using the blood and urine samples?

thanks in advance

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello Guys,

I Already have a Work permit for 2 years, that was issued in December 2019, however due to COVID-19, I could not travel to Canada, now I received a letter from CIC in June 2021 stating that my medical expired and advising for re-medical, however there was no IME number issued and when I called the designated medical officer, they said that the Upfront Medical was closed.

Now, When they opened the upfront medical on 25/06/2021, I have my upfront re-medical, however the UMI number on the Original upfront Medical given in 2019 and the one that I gave on 26/06/2021 have different numbers.

My query is : Are medical exams independent of the Work Permit issued? if not then how will my upfront re-medical will get associated with the existing work permit that is valid till December 2021?

P.S : The medical that I gave is e-medical and the results will be directly sent to the CIC

Thanks,
Upfront medical done after the expiry? Nothing to worry, from the hospital the medical report will be sent to IRCC. The receipt of the medical, please do upload via webform. Don't worry about the reference number mentioned on the medical receipt. All you need to do is attached the receipt to the correct application via the webform. Be assured that the IRCC team will take care of it. They will review the medical report shared by the hospital and update medical. There might be a delay because of the ongoing backlog and travel restriction. So don't worry, just chill.

Reactions: abhishekinbox
Jul 9, 2021
I called up the physician after reading your response and they informed me that they submitted my re-medical on 02/07/2021, however I haven't heard from IRCC, I am planning to fill the web form as well now.

I think CIC will be bombarded with the student visa applications and it's easier to overlook remedicals at this time, Thanks for the response.

follow up question: Do you know what they specifically test for using the blood and urine samples?

thanks in advance
Blood sample for serum creatinine, syphillis, hiv and urine sample for standard urine routine test.

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
Just an update, I raised the Webform on 13/7/2021 attaching my e-medical sheet, I got the below response on 14/7/2021 from CIC

""Once IRCC has received the medical results from the Panel Physician, they will be associated to your application. Please continue to monitor your MyCIC account""

And yesterday 15/07/2021 the administrative hold on my Work Permit due to expired medical was removed and my visa is VALID again.

Thanks Everyone for their help.. raising the webform did really help.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram
Aug 20, 2020
Just an update, I raised the Webform on 13/7/2021 attaching my e-medical sheet, I got the below response on 14/7/2021 from CIC

""Once IRCC has received the medical results from the Panel Physician, they will be associated to your application. Please continue to monitor your MyCIC account""

And yesterday 15/07/2021 the administrative hold on my Work Permit due to expired medical was removed and my visa is VALID again.

Where can you see the administrative hold buddy?

Swati.fpt

Mar 17, 2018
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
Hi Abhishek. I have query. I have a valid spouse open work permit, visa. However, the medical examination is valid till Sep 11, 2021. My husband (He is in canada) have used the my same medical report for our PR application. I have booked a flight for 5 Sep 2021 from India. Can I redo medical exam for my PR application here in India before flying. If yes, what will be the procedure. do you have any idea ?

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
Hi Abhishek. I have query. I have a valid spouse open work permit, visa. However, the medical examination is valid till Sep 11, 2021. My husband (He is in canada) have used the my same medical report for our PR application. I have booked a flight for 5 Sep 2021 from India. Can I redo medical exam for my PR application here in India before flying. If yes, what will be the procedure. do you have any idea ?
Canadian adult Medical examination are independent like Biometric and doesn't attach to any single application.

You must have a valid Medical before you can enter Canada if you plan to stay longer than 6 months.

Also if your application is under process then and Medical is cleared by the officials then they will approve the visa, however they will put your counterfoil on administrative hold and will send you email requesting re-Medical.

Swati.fpt

Mar 17, 2018
Canadian adult Medical examination are independent like Biometric and doesn't attach to any single application.

You must have a valid Medical before you can enter Canada if you plan to stay longer than 6 months.

Also if your application is under process then and Medical is cleared by the officials then they will approve the visa, however they will put your counterfoil on administrative hold and will send you email requesting re-Medical.
Thank you Abhishek for your response.
Yes, my medical would be valid (11 Sep, 2021) by the time I enter Canada (7 Sep 2021). My concern is for our PR file which is on hold for quite long. Since my medical would expire within few days after landing in Canada, I wanted to know can I do it here in August itself before flying to Canada ? Is it possible since I am a dependent for PR application (husband is the primary applicant).

Few days back I got an email (its automated email I think), in the subject: "renew your medical exam" was written but inside the email nothing like that was written. I am sharing the content below

Subject: Renew your immigration medical examination results / Renouveler les résultats de votre examen médical aux fins de l’immigration

If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.
Your immigration medical examination results expire on September 11, 2021.
Please follow the latest public health COVID-19 measures, advice and restrictions in your area
July 28, 2021

Application number: XXXXXX

Dear Client,

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• you have been approved for a study or work permit;
  • you have a valid temporary resident visa (visitor visa) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA), and a letter of introduction/port of entry letter, and
  • your immigration medical examination results will expire on September 11, 2021.
To travel to and enter Canada, you must have valid immigration medical examination results if:

• you come from a designated country/territory AND plan to stay in Canada for more than 6 months or
  • you plan on studying or working in health care, child or elder care, or primary or secondary education setting.
Only panel physicians can complete medical examinations and they are responsible for sending us your results. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. For your records, please request a printout of proof of your examination from the panel physician.

If you are traveling with family members who also require a medical exam, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even if you have a valid temporary resident visa or eTA, you may not be able to travel to Canada at this time. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. To find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada, please consult:

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022

Hi Congratulations!! Just wanted to confirm. You got reply for your webform request in one day? Can you share the link to raise the webform to upload the emedical report. Please.
Thankyou

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
Thank you Abhishek for your response.
Yes, my medical would be valid (11 Sep, 2021) by the time I enter Canada (7 Sep 2021). My concern is for our PR file which is on hold for quite long. Since my medical would expire within few days after landing in Canada, I wanted to know can I do it here in August itself before flying to Canada ? Is it possible since I am a dependent for PR application (husband is the primary applicant).

Few days back I got an email (its automated email I think), in the subject: "renew your medical exam" was written but inside the email nothing like that was written. I am sharing the content below

Subject: Renew your immigration medical examination results / Renouveler les résultats de votre examen médical aux fins de l’immigration

Your immigration medical examination results expire on September 11, 2021.

July 28, 2021

Application number: XXXXXX

Dear Client,

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• you have been approved for a study or work permit;
  • you have a valid temporary resident visa (visitor visa) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA), and a letter of introduction/port of entry letter, and
  • your immigration medical examination results will expire on September 11, 2021.
To travel to and enter Canada, you must have valid immigration medical examination results if:

• you come from a designated country/territory AND plan to stay in Canada for more than 6 months or
  • you plan on studying or working in health care, child or elder care, or primary or secondary education setting.
Only panel physicians can complete medical examinations and they are responsible for sending us your results. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. For your records, please request a printout of proof of your examination from the panel physician.

If you are traveling with family members who also require a medical exam, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even if you have a valid temporary resident visa or eTA, you may not be able to travel to Canada at this time. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. To find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada, please consult:

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I got a similar email, However in my email it stated that my medical expired and I have to redo the medical.

I would suggest give the upfront medical here and raise the webform ,upload the e-medical information sheet that you get from the physician and metion your UCI (Unique Candidate/Client ID)

Medical reports are directly sent to the CIC from the pannel physician.

Swati.fpt

Mar 17, 2018
I got a similar email, However in my email it stated that my medical expired and I have to redo the medical.

I would suggest give the upfront medical here and raise the webform ,upload the e-medical information sheet that you get from the physician and metion your UCI (Unique Candidate/Client ID)

Medical reports are directly sent to the CIC from the pannel physician.
Thanks so much Abhishek !