+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi All! :) We are Post March 18,2020 expired COPR holders awaiting further instructions from ircc. COPR and medical expired in Feb 2021. How do we know our VO? Any one from India who has been contacted or has received their remedical/passport requests? What should we do? Post March 18, 2020 holders should not even raise a webform.. how do we know we will be contacted for sure and that application won't be closed forever? is their a helpline number to call? we have been trying to reach but we are failing miserably. Its been soooo long this is awful and we are so devastated. Please help. We are running a little low on hope and support.
Sorry to hear you still haven't gotten a response. It's a tough not knowing where your application is at, with IRCC not saying anything. Have you checked your old messages/emails from IRCC? They sent me a message during the first application process stating they'll be sending it to my Manila VO for processing.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Ghost update today showing profile updated:
  • December 2, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
However no message yet. It's finally happening!!! Although until I see that COPR I can't say I'll feel at ease.
At least some movement in our file gives positive hope. Hopefully COPR/PRV in hand by next week.

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My medicals status changed to passed 29 October by still no passport request…
My re-medical status changed to Passed Medicals on Nov 4th, yet no PPR email in sight.
I guess it fell through the cracks again. Sucks big time!

Reactions: benu_bd
Feb 26, 2020
How long is it taking after the Medicals are passed ? I have mine scheduled on the 7th , just wanted to know what timeline i'm looking at ? I've seen some getting within a week and some waiting since Oct, maybe it depends on your profile or VO ? Given how things are bad again with the new strain, is Feb 2022 Likely ?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
My re-medical status changed to Passed Medicals on Nov 4th, yet no PPR email in sight.
PPR drops anytime soon hopefully. It definitely sucks just to wait, wait & wait without any update even after medical passed a month ago.

Reactions: Wotsit

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
How long is it taking after the Medicals are passed ? I have mine scheduled on the 7th , just wanted to know what timeline i'm looking at ? I've seen some getting within a week and some waiting since Oct, maybe it depends on your profile or VO ? Given how things are bad again with the new strain, is Feb 2022 Likely ?
Christmas / New Year holiday will make processing slow again. Hopefully no one can answer how long it gonna take but let’s hope you will enjoy the Canadian Valentine day ;).

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Is there anyone who got UE on 28th September, 2021 and still waiting for remedical request?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Anyones guess is a good guess.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I can imagine. Its coming, a little bit more time. Surely on its way.

I usually like to see it as the golden email ready in draft with your name, the officer just needs to hit send.

Reactions: fizikellyfit

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Sorry for a noob question: as you guys got CoPRs, even though it expired, you are still Canadian PRs right? The only problem is that you cannot enter the country because of Covid19 ???

benu_bd

Oct 18, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10/01/2020
AOR Received.
20/02/2020
Med's Done....
08/02/2020
Passport Req..
13/10/2020
VISA ISSUED...
02/12/2020
Sorry for a noob question: as you guys got CoPRs, even though it expired, you are still Canadian PRs right? The only problem is that you cannot enter the country because of Covid19 ???
CoPR is basically a one time entry visa. If the first step is applying in the Express Entry program, than the last step is landing. Until the applicant lands in the country of Canada and gets the first entry date on their PR visa stamp, he/she cannot claim permanent residency.

If the applicant fails to land within the stipulated time mentioned in the CoPR (i.e. our case), they lose the Canadian visa status. IRCC is giving us special scope to reapply, and that is what we are doing. In normal situation, expired CoPR holders can also reapply to get the Canadian Visa status back.

So, to answer your question, we are not yet the PRs of the maple leaf country.

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Is there anyone who got UE in September, 2021 and still waiting for remedical request?
I am waiting for remedical request, how long does it take? Can anybody say?

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
It's finally happened! We got our new COPR today. Thought COPRs were online now, but we got a physical copy. It'll expire in a year, when our medicals do.

Can't believe the wait is finally over. It's such a relief. I'm grateful how supportive everyone has been on this forum. Hope everyone gets theirs soon as well.

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Is there anyone who got UE in September, 2021 and still waiting for remedical request?
I am waiting for remedical request, how long does it take? Can anybody say?
Yes, I got it in early September. I saw quite a few members as well get it in September. It took almost 2 months for me to get the remedical, but I've seen it vary a lot. Most people seem to get an a ghost update in their IRCC online application status a week before the remedical request.