+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've received my COPR on 29.10.2020. It is expired a month ago. But anyone from CIC did not contact with me yet.
How long does it take them to get in contact with us once the COPR is expired. If I have to contact with them how can I do that because I'm not in Canada.

Please let me know guys, thank you
Your COPR expired on Oct 2021, right?

IRCC update in June: We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Immigration applicants - Canada.ca

Hopefully they won`t send you any mail soon on their own so keep sending mail, raise webform, contact VO, try to make a call and hope for the best. Don`t just wait & remain silent. Try to contact them.

Reactions: Titanium

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Yes you are right. But I couldn't go to Canada because of Covid restrictions. However, it also says that they have exceptions for people with expired COPRs that are issued after 18 March 2020. Do you think my COPR is completely invalid now?
Covid restrictions in your local place of residence? Because Canada opened up by September 2021.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Any update? Hopefully re-medical. Few friends are getting re-medical despite their medical valid till Jan/Feb. Let’s hope for extension though. :)
nothing yet, just patiently twiddling my fingers.

• Sad
Reactions: gtcan19

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hi
I got UE on 28 September, 2021 and got GU on 24 October, 2021. After that I have been waiting for renewal. No update I received then.
I replied UE by composing new mail and just copy pasted email address which was given in the UE.
I replied this way, Does this affect my application? Does anybody got remed request after replied UE by composing new mail?

My timeline:
AOR: 22 November, 2019
CoPR: 22 November, 2020
Visa Expired on: 30 April, 2021
Visa Office: New Delhi
Outland Applicant : FSW
Country of Residence: India

Please send me reply..
Your kind reply gives me hope

benu_bd

Oct 18, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10/01/2020
AOR Received.
20/02/2020
Med's Done....
08/02/2020
Passport Req..
13/10/2020
VISA ISSUED...
02/12/2020
Hi
I got UE on 28 September, 2021 and got GU on 24 October, 2021. After that I have been waiting for renewal. No update I received then.
I replied UE by composing new mail and just copy pasted email address which was given in the UE.
I replied this way, Does this affect my application? Does anybody got remed request after replied UE by composing new mail?

My timeline:

Please send me reply..
I replied in the following way:
They provided me a format in their mail. I just copied that format into a new mail. Then in the marked sections of that format (which were marked with [ ] ), I just typed in my details (i.e. my first name, last name, dependent's name). Then in the address section I copied the mail address they gave in their mail, and in subject section I typed "Regarding my application number ******". That's all. Then I sent it.

My timeline is given in my signature.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi

My timeline:

Please send me reply..
Thats the beauty of this group. Everyone keeps everyone spirits up. Hopefully the GU means an officer peeped into your file and added it to the queue for processing.
Dont focus too much on how you sent the mail as long as you sent it to the address they stated. Also dont worry why others applications might get processed faster than yours because none here have yet being able to figure out the formula they are using.
So Stay positive, Stay patient, and Stay connected here.

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Thats the beauty of this group. Everyone keeps everyone spirits up. Hopefully the GU means an officer peeped into your file and added it to the queue for processing.
Dont focus too much on how you sent the mail as long as you sent it to the address they stated. Also dont worry why others applications might get processed faster than yours because none here have yet being able to figure out the formula they are using.
So Stay positive, Stay patient, and Stay connected here.
Thank you for replying.. and giving me hope. Before that I was frustrated, but now I am thinking positive.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi guys, another quick question.

Can I directly apply for PRTD with my expired COPR? Because the last time I talked with CIC, they told me this:

"If you are still outside of Canada, please apply for PRTD to come back to Canada, as your COPR was reversed since you were outside of Canada.
Please inform us when you return to Canada."

But I feel like I am not eligible to apply for PRTD as my COPR is expired. Maybe the CIC officer thought that my COPR is still valid but I actually explained the situation in detail. So I'm a little bit confused now.
hello @Erseenvi

I think i have a similar case like yours. Was your copr issued while you were outside canada ?
Mine was issued and i was outside canada so they reversed saying i shoukd contact them when i return to canada. they said i should come back with my temporary resident visa.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi there,
Just wanna update we’ve finally received PPR.

EE PNP
AOR: Jan 2020
1ST COPR: Nov 2020
COPR Expired: Jan 2021
UM: Sep 28
RE-MED REQ: Oct 18
MEDICAL DONE: Oct 27
MEDICAL PASSED: Nov 04
PPR: Dec 01

[VO: not so sure, guess it’s CIO Nova Scotia]

Hope many of you will receive PPR soon!
Excellent !! Feels good to see positive update. Many Congratulations :).

KD241008

Dec 18, 2020
Hi All! :) We are Post March 18,2020 expired COPR holders awaiting further instructions from ircc. COPR and medical expired in Feb 2021. How do we know our VO? Any one from India who has been contacted or has received their remedical/passport requests? What should we do? Post March 18, 2020 holders should not even raise a webform.. how do we know we will be contacted for sure and that application won't be closed forever? is their a helpline number to call? we have been trying to reach but we are failing miserably. Its been soooo long this is awful and we are so devastated. Please help. We are running a little low on hope and support.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hi All! :) We are Post March 18,2020 expired COPR holders awaiting further instructions from ircc. COPR and medical expired in Feb 2021. How do we know our VO? Any one from India who has been contacted or has received their remedical/passport requests? What should we do? Post March 18, 2020 holders should not even raise a webform.. how do we know we will be contacted for sure and that application won't be closed forever? is their a helpline number to call? we have been trying to reach but we are failing miserably. Its been soooo long this is awful and we are so devastated. Please help. We are running a little low on hope and support.
Hi, yeah this can be a painful process. I suggest you raise a webform anyways to see if they respond. Also call this number +18882422100 - normally you can call this number only when you are in Canada but using some apps you can call from outside of Canada, some people use HUSHED, there are others. Try to speak to an agent and explain your situation, ask for your VO. I hope this helps and good luck (we all need it :))!

Reactions: Gary501