+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

WoolyFox

Nov 5, 2021
Having to resend my photos, forgot to put my name and DOB on the photo!

Hopefully it doesn't delay my application too long

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've received my COPR on 29.10.2020. It is expired a month ago. But anyone from CIC did not contact with me yet.
How long does it take them to get in contact with us once the COPR is expired. If I have to contact with them how can I do that because I'm not in Canada.

Please let me know guys, thank you

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hello everyone,
I've received my COPR on 29.10.2020. It is expired a month ago. But anyone from CIC did not contact with me yet.
How long does it take them to get in contact with us once the COPR is expired. If I have to contact with them how can I do that because I'm not in Canada.

You can try contacting your local VO through emails. My COPR expired in Jul 2021, and I did not received any email from IRCC, although majority of the expired COPR holders had gotten theirs. I decided to write to my local VO, expressing that I was available to perform the medical checkup again. They replied 2 days later, stating that they had noted the information I'd provided. As the result, a week later, they sent my the re-medical check up request through the IRCC portal. My application status went back to "In Progress" as well.

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
You can try contacting your local VO through emails. My COPR expired in Jul 2021, and I did not received any email from IRCC, although majority of the expired COPR holders had gotten theirs. I decided to write to my local VO, expressing that I was available to perform the medical checkup again. They replied 2 days later, stating that they had noted the information I'd provided. As the result, a week later, they sent my the re-medical check up request through the IRCC portal. My application status went back to "In Progress" as well.
Thank you so much for your response. Just for my own clarification, the expiry date of the COPR is the date that is a year after from the date written on COPR, right?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Thank you so much for your response. Just for my own clarification, the expiry date of the COPR is the date that is a year after from the date written on COPR, right?
I remember, the COPR document does include a row for the expiry date. You can also check for the expiry date in the portal too (in the form of Counterfoil expiry date).

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, another quick question.

Can I directly apply for PRTD with my expired COPR? Because the last time I talked with CIC, they told me this:

"If you are still outside of Canada, please apply for PRTD to come back to Canada, as your COPR was reversed since you were outside of Canada.
Please inform us when you return to Canada."

But I feel like I am not eligible to apply for PRTD as my COPR is expired. Maybe the CIC officer thought that my COPR is still valid but I actually explained the situation in detail. So I'm a little bit confused now.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
Yours expired October of this year? Because I don’t think they are renewing COPRs that expired October+.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
“We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire.”

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Yes you are right. But I couldn't go to Canada because of Covid restrictions. However, it also says that they have exceptions for people with expired COPRs that are issued after 18 March 2020. Do you think my COPR is completely invalid now?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes you are right. But I couldn't go to Canada because of Covid restrictions. However, it also says that they have exceptions for people with expired COPRs that are issued after 18 March 2020. Do you think my COPR is completely invalid now?
their information was vague anyways, so who knows.
You can always contact the VO, as if the renewal is expected, ignoring that information since it doesn’t say much. If they say something regarding that, then you explain how covid prevented you. Some people weren’t ready to travel earlier this year, because air travel is still unsafe, so they shouldn’t penalize people for that.

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
their information was vague anyways, so who knows.
You can always contact the VO, as if the renewal is expected, ignoring that information since it doesn’t say much. If they say something regarding that, then you explain how covid prevented you. Some people weren’t ready to travel earlier this year, because air travel is still unsafe, so they shouldn’t penalize people for that.
I totally agree with that! As you say, it's not really clear what mean by giving that date. So fingers crossed...
I contacted to the VO but they told me that I should ask to Canadian Embassy so emailed them. Waiting for their response now.
Thank you so much guys!

Reactions: Alysson
Feb 26, 2020
You’ll receive remedical forms to your ee profile and get an email “you have a new message”
Yes! That’d be great, also hoping they finalize my case before holidays {fingers crossed}
Thanks , I got the medical request a day after ! Got it scheduled on the 7th ! Any luck on your side?
Also any idea on how long it takes after that ? Any time frame?