+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello Everyone & @legalfalcon

I received the "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?" email yesterday and need to respond by 17 Sep 2021.

I need your help to clarify two questions in the response template IRCC has provided.

1) Class of application: I got my COPR through Alberta PNP. I was going to answer this as - [Economic class, Alberta Provincial Nominee Program through Express Entry, Federal Skilled Worker Program] - is this correct and necessary or only mention Economic class, Alberta PNP?
Provincial Nominee – Selected by a province other than Quebec [Nothing to answer here I presume? since it's stated above]

2) Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
[I was planning to include only my spouse's details here (spouse is a PR, already living in Canada), We don't have children. But I was wondering do I need to include my parent's names even though they are not coming to Canada, are they considered non-accompanying dependents?]

Thank you so much for your help! :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Here's the response template you can expect for expired COPRs post-March 2020**

Template for you to use when responding to IRCC

To: IRCC.CoPR4-CRP4.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable)remain interested in immigrating to Canada and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed tore-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
  • Provincial Nominee – Selected by a province other than Quebec
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
  • Current country of residence:
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependents:
Note: Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application –for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.
Can you please share your timline and Visa Office please.

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Yes, Im residing in India, received the mail 2 days ago (07 September) and replied yesterday.

AOR June 2019
CoPR received 09 December 2020
CoPR expired 31 March 2021
NDVO

They said I had to respond by 17 September, any idea if I can confirm that it has been accepted by them? I don't want to run the risk that they say my case is closed for any reason.
Hi yes we received the same email on 7th and were told to respond before 17th September. we have the same confusion as well, what if they don't open it by 17th September. hopefully that shouldn't be the case. Planning to send a webform too regarding the same by 15-16 just incase

Shackle

May 11, 2019
Can folks who received the “Do you still want to immigrate to Canada” email let me know if you got a response or acknowledgment for the email response? I didn’t receive any reply back for my response to that email nor did the application status online change. It has been only 2 days but just thought I would check in any case.

Reactions: shipping

cheerstoCA

Apr 30, 2021
Hello Everyone & @legalfalcon

I received the "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?" email yesterday and need to respond by 17 Sep 2021.

I need your help to clarify two questions in the response template IRCC has provided.

1) Class of application: I got my COPR through Alberta PNP. I was going to answer this as - [Economic class, Alberta Provincial Nominee Program through Express Entry, Federal Skilled Worker Program] - is this correct and necessary or only mention Economic class, Alberta PNP?
Provincial Nominee – Selected by a province other than Quebec [Nothing to answer here I presume? since it's stated above]

2) Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
[I was planning to include only my spouse's details here (spouse is a PR, already living in Canada), We don't have children. But I was wondering do I need to include my parent's names even though they are not coming to Canada, are they considered non-accompanying dependents?]

Thank you so much for your help! :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Here's the response template you can expect for expired COPRs post-March 2020**

Template for you to use when responding to IRCC

To: IRCC.CoPR4-CRP4.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable)remain interested in immigrating to Canada and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed tore-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
  • Provincial Nominee – Selected by a province other than Quebec
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
  • Current country of residence:
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependents:
Note: Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application –for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.
@legalfalcon appreciate your guidance on this? Thank you very much.

anki_t90

Oct 13, 2019
Hi, Anyone whose COPR Expired in June 2021 received "do you still want to immigrate email" yet ?

Last edited:

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Is there any whatsapp group for post March COPR holders ? Would be great to share some info and timelines. The wait is killing us...

Shackle

May 11, 2019
@legalfalcon appreciate your guidance on this? Thank you very much.
From what I can see in those questions, the class is already pre-populated, so you can probably leave it as it is (for me it was pre-populated as FSW), and regarding the other question, it asks to list only dependents who are traveling to Canada with you, so I am not sure why would want to include parents if they are NOT traveling with you.

EDIT - I just noticed the non-accompanying dependents part. I believe dependents are those that you chose during your application process and not necessarily family ties.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Just logged into the account and noticed another GU. Hmmmm. Anyone experience similar.

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Just logged into the account and noticed another GU. Hmmmm. Anyone experience similar.
I experienced the same too in the morning. was able to log in now but there wasn't any changes made. not sure what's happening