+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

mk.2382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App Rchd: 02-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 28-OCT-2014
File Transfer...
Processing started: 28-JAN-2014
Med's Request
10-FEB-2015
Med's Done....
05-MAR-2015
Passport Req..
DM 25-JUL-2015, PPR 29-JUL-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-AUG-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2015 only
Dear Indian applicants,

Has anyone of you been able to get a driving experience letter from any RTO from India? I've heard it helps foreigners in speeding up getting their driving license in canada.
Please share any links/pointers.

Thanks.

Waiting2014

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO TO WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Given with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Passport Req..
17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
May be Oct 2015
mk.2382 said:
If you communicate a valid reason for delay within current deadline they will happily give you extension.
Thanks MK!!

My consultant is so reluctant in contacting VO as he say case might get complicated if we will disturb them through emails. However I will definitely ask him to send an email again for extension for the submission soon.

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
mk.2382 said:
Dear Indian applicants,

Has anyone of you been able to get a driving experience letter from any RTO from India? I've heard it helps foreigners in speeding up getting their driving license in canada.
Please share any links/pointers.

Thanks.
Hi,
What in particular have you meant here? What is "experience in driving" letter? Would be interested to know more definitely.

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi folks,
I am pleased to inform that I along with my wife have successfully and safely landed in Calgary Canada on 29th July 2015. I wanted to share my return of experience that soley related to me and you may get benefit out of it.
*Before Arrival:
(1) I was doing job in Saudi Arabia, quite my job in May and came to my home country Pakistan to spend some time with family before departure. I stayed in pakistan for 3 months.
Note: If I would have traveled directly from saudi, I would have saved time and money as in pakistan because I wasted alot of time and money to get demand draft made. I got my pay order made from Habib Qatar exchange company Karachi as none of the banks helped me out for FDD,so consider it a good time taking activity if you are planning to shift your funds to pakistan and later on planning to fly from there. I wouldn't recommend.
(2) I got Polio certificate made from the airport, but no body asked me about it at any location.
(3) I got my NICOP renewed for Rs 10500 ea, changed country to Canada frm Saudi arabia.
(4) I booked KLM flight in 2 month advance for 28th July 2015, one ticket cost me around 125K Rs. I chose the summer time to fly so rate is pretty high.
*Flight Experience:
(1) we flew from Karachi by Itehad airways, as KLM doesn't fly from Pakistan, so Itehad took us to Abu dhabi, we waited there for 3 hrs, then KLM took us Amsterdam (flight duration 7 hrs). The plan economy class was such that in a row it had 2 seat on left, 4 seats in middle, and 2 seats on right. What I and other experienced, people sitting in middle seats faced terrible space problem specially reclining as it was very tight, person like me with normal weight (73 kg), 5-8" height experience problem, however, people sitting on left and right (2 seater) were pretty OK. The same was proved when we flew from amsterdam to Calgary, I got seats on the left side.
Lesson learnt. Be careful for your seat selection, choose the front one if possible.
(2) KLM flight overall was very good, lunch, breakfast and other liquids were given from time to time. It tool 9 hrs from Amsterdam to Calgary.
(3) We were given declaration form in the plan, we were 2 persons, so I filled one card only.
Note: On the declaration card, I asked which address I have to mention, and flight crew confirmed me it should me my home address, if I am coming first time, then it should be my home country address.
*On the day of Arrival in Canada Experience:
(3) When we landed, we went to passport control, it asked basic questions, like is it your first time in Canada, why u guys are coming etc. Then, we were asked to proceed to immigration. Immigration was also pretty quick, we presented our COPRs, passports, IO asked us about address for PR card, so I gave him.
(Plus points): I had printed address, officer was very happy to see that as he said he often find people doing mistakes for writing PR car address.
Information point: Officer confirmed me the day we arrived in canada, our counter starts from there and this is the date we officially become permanent resident.
Note: IO didn't ask me to show proof of funds, however, he asked me how much cash/ DD you are carrying. He didn't ask me to show. He trusted what I said.
(3) After immigration, we went to collect luggage, after then we headed to Customs, here come the strange part.
(Plus point): I had Goods accompanying and good to follow form filed along with list of items attached. Once officer saw it, he was very happy as I saved time and effort for him and myself.
Lesson learnt: I had take pictures of my jewelries (Gold), on each picture I did mention the weight, and approx price. But, officer did not stamped my pictures, and he didn't stamped my Goods accompanying form. As per him, he mentioned, "you can bring as much as possible, he will not apply tax, and he will not put his stamp on it as he is not jeweler or expert, so he suggested to to go market and get appraisal done, if you don't do that and suppose if you fly out of canada with all this jewelry when next time you come back, I am going to apply tax on it". I was surprised as I mentioned him about other people doing this stuff, but he didn't accepted it, so I didn't argued with him and accepted what he said.
(3) Officer did sign and stamped my Goods to follow list and Goods to follow form, he pasted a computerized number on my list and said I can collect my goods to follow by showing it.
(4) Officer gave me a form and asked me, how much Cash I have, and how much DD I have. I told him and he trusted me, and wrote it on the form, he didn't ask me to show cash or DD.
*After Arrival:
(1) I got an apartment deal for 1 month from a person who was my friend's friend, apartment was in Calgary down town, 5 Avenue, 8th street SW. I opted it for initial one month just to sort out official things and it seems it is really helpful. I will explain later.I will start finding apartment after couple of days.
(2) Next days, I went to Harry Hays Service Canada, and SIN number for myself and my wife, they asked me the address and I have them the same address which I have for PR card.
(3) I got opened account in TD, guys there are many deals in it, and person can choose as per his budget and requirement. I opened All inclusive account for me and my wife, on one account they mentioned 6 month free of charge and on second account,they said to provide galaxy note but I have to maintain 5000 $ else 29.5 $ will be deducted every month. So, be careful.
(4) I explored alot of celluar networks, the best and expensive are Tellus, Bell, but their subsidaries are equally good like FIDO and Virgin. I chose Virgin as it was meeting for requirement i.e. 40$ a month, 500 MB and 500 minutes.
Lesson learnt: Fido was very good, but they don't give it to newcomers, as they need second photo ID like Canadian driving license which we don;t have so forget about it.
*Other important notes:
(1) All electronic items here are 120 V, flat thin pin, so you must bring adapter for hooking up.
(2) I had Iphone 5S, and Galaxy S4. I used it in all guld countries, bahrain, saudi, dubai, qatar and in pakistan, so both are working here. This proved me that my phones were unlocked, so before buying any sim, you need to ensure this too.
(3) There is no water arrangement in wahsrooms, like moslm shower etc, so bring lottas... you know what I meant. smile emoticon
(4) weather is very good here, in the night is goes some where 8-10 deg C and in day it is 20 deg C, so you can plan your clothes accordingly.
Note: In Canada, during first week of evey month, there comes a long weekend, where either friday is off or monday is off, so now I have a long weeked where monday is off, All official offices are closed and you can chill out.
(5) The very good part I liked is C train in Calgary, and specially where I am staying, from 8th street, 7th Avenu till Center Hall, you can ride train free of cost, and I am using it, it;s excellent.
(6) I could't register myself for health insurance due to long weekend, and there is some little issue I came to know like I don't have officially a housing contract and they need my own housing contract, so I am still exploring how to get this issue resolved, so if any housing you take it has to be officially signed of document.
(7) For other shopping stuff, you can go to Safeway, wallmart, and for cheap an quick items you can go to Dollarama.
Hope that would help. Needed best wishes and prayers...

I would like to thanks for all forum members here as this forum was really helpful in my journey. Good luck to all.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
mk.2382 said:
Are you sure visa expiry date will be 1 year from medicals date?

Medicals date of primary applicant or of last member of the family? Like my new born kid underwent medicals in May 2015 so visa expiry for all of us will be May 2016?
Visa expiry date will be 1 year from medicals date. This medicals date when the primary applicant gets MR.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Sandhu21 said:
got
international driving license.
POF- travellers cheque from thomas cook.
ticket booking done for 22nd sept.

with each passing day, some or the other progress is achieved...
rest of the work to be completed ;)
Good Luck my friend .. congratulations on tasks completed.

shahzadpir said:
Hi folks,
I am pleased to inform that I along with my wife have successfully and safely landed in Calgary Canada on 29th July 2015. I wanted to share my return of experience that soley related to me and you may get benefit out of it.
Congratulations and Good Luck !!! :) :) :)

joshi86 said:
Hello friends I got PPR on 30th July...all the best everyone and Thnx everyone
Congratulations Buddy !!! :) :) :)

neverlosehope said:
I feel very lucky today & is the happiest day of my life. :D :D :D :D

Reason : I collected PR stamped passports from VFS office today. ;D ;D

Thanks to God & to all people in this forum for helping me on every stage of my application so promptly. Your help was invaluable.

Thank you people from the bottom of my heart !!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Buddy !!! :) :) :)

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
kishcanada said:
Hi Friends,
Is it legally allowed to land in Canada and leave the country without collecting the PR Card, providing friend's address at the time of landing and asking the friend to courier /send via other means to home country of the PR holder? It is not legal to leave Canada without PR unless you have a emergency. To re-enter in that situation, you will need to apply for Travel documents (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp). Having said that, few people have entered Canada to complete landing formalities and returned to their countries and had their friends \ relatives collect their PR Cards. Few have had their relatives deliver it to them through hand. i am not so sure about how safe it is to send through courier

If such an arrangement is communicated to the immigration officers at the point of entry will they object and not start processing PR card at all? I dont think you should be telling Immigration officers about this arrangement.

Do many follow such a procedure and have been successful? If its legal and allowed, am thinking of using it. Else, would want to physically stay in Canada till I receive the PR card, go back to home country to complete all obligations and permanently move to Canada.There is risk involved in leaving Canada without PR Card. But few have succeeded in having their friends\relatives collect their PR card and having it delivered to them.

Please advice.

Thanks and regards,
Kishcanada

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
arkscan said:
Congrats buddy and wish u all the best for ur new life in Canada...+1 for ur forum name :) :)

Congrats buddy and all the best :)..Best wishes +1 :)
You are the best my friend. Great work as always 8) 8) 8)

almeida

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received : 26-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU on 21/08/2015
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
01/11/2015
Interview........
Waived - Decision made
Passport Req..
11/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2015
LANDED..........
ASAP in Jesus name
shahzadpir said:
Hi folks,
*Before Arrival:
(1) I was doing job in Saudi Arabia, quite my job in May and came to my home country Pakistan to spend some time with family before departure. I stayed in pakistan for 3 months.
Note: If I would have traveled directly from saudi, I would have saved time and money as in pakistan because I wasted alot of time and money to get demand draft made. I got my pay order made from Habib Qatar exchange company Karachi as none of the banks helped me out for FDD,so consider it a good time taking activity if you are planning to shift your funds to pakistan and later on planning to fly from there. I wouldn't recommend.
(2) I got Polio certificate made from the airport, but no body asked me about it at any location.
(3) I got my NICOP renewed for Rs 10500 ea, changed country to Canada frm Saudi arabia.
(4) I booked KLM flight in 2 month advance for 28th July 2015, one ticket cost me around 125K Rs. I chose the summer time to fly so rate is pretty high.
*Flight Experience:
(1) we flew from Karachi by Itehad airways, as KLM doesn't fly from Pakistan, so Itehad took us to Abu dhabi, we waited there for 3 hrs, then KLM took us Amsterdam (flight duration 7 hrs). The plan economy class was such that in a row it had 2 seat on left, 4 seats in middle, and 2 seats on right. What I and other experienced, people sitting in middle seats faced terrible space problem specially reclining as it was very tight, person like me with normal weight (73 kg), 5-8" height experience problem, however, people sitting on left and right (2 seater) were pretty OK. The same was proved when we flew from amsterdam to Calgary, I got seats on the left side.
Lesson learnt. Be careful for your seat selection, choose the front one if possible.
(2) KLM flight overall was very good, lunch, breakfast and other liquids were given from time to time. It tool 9 hrs from Amsterdam to Calgary.
(3) We were given declaration form in the plan, we were 2 persons, so I filled one card only.
Note: On the declaration card, I asked which address I have to mention, and flight crew confirmed me it should me my home address, if I am coming first time, then it should be my home country address.
*On the day of Arrival in Canada Experience:
(3) When we landed, we went to passport control, it asked basic questions, like is it your first time in Canada, why u guys are coming etc. Then, we were asked to proceed to immigration. Immigration was also pretty quick, we presented our COPRs, passports, IO asked us about address for PR card, so I gave him.
(Plus points): I had printed address, officer was very happy to see that as he said he often find people doing mistakes for writing PR car address.
Information point: Officer confirmed me the day we arrived in canada, our counter starts from there and this is the date we officially become permanent resident.
Note: IO didn't ask me to show proof of funds, however, he asked me how much cash/ DD you are carrying. He didn't ask me to show. He trusted what I said.
(3) After immigration, we went to collect luggage, after then we headed to Customs, here come the strange part.
(Plus point): I had Goods accompanying and good to follow form filed along with list of items attached. Once officer saw it, he was very happy as I saved time and effort for him and myself.
Lesson learnt: I had take pictures of my jewelries (Gold), on each picture I did mention the weight, and approx price. But, officer did not stamped my pictures, and he didn't stamped my Goods accompanying form. As per him, he mentioned, "you can bring as much as possible, he will not apply tax, and he will not put his stamp on it as he is not jeweler or expert, so he suggested to to go market and get appraisal done, if you don't do that and suppose if you fly out of canada with all this jewelry when next time you come back, I am going to apply tax on it". I was surprised as I mentioned him about other people doing this stuff, but he didn't accepted it, so I didn't argued with him and accepted what he said.
(3) Officer did sign and stamped my Goods to follow list and Goods to follow form, he pasted a computerized number on my list and said I can collect my goods to follow by showing it.
(4) Officer gave me a form and asked me, how much Cash I have, and how much DD I have. I told him and he trusted me, and wrote it on the form, he didn't ask me to show cash or DD.
*After Arrival:
(1) I got an apartment deal for 1 month from a person who was my friend's friend, apartment was in Calgary down town, 5 Avenue, 8th street SW. I opted it for initial one month just to sort out official things and it seems it is really helpful. I will explain later.I will start finding apartment after couple of days.
(2) Next days, I went to Harry Hays Service Canada, and SIN number for myself and my wife, they asked me the address and I have them the same address which I have for PR card.
(3) I got opened account in TD, guys there are many deals in it, and person can choose as per his budget and requirement. I opened All inclusive account for me and my wife, on one account they mentioned 6 month free of charge and on second account,they said to provide galaxy note but I have to maintain 5000 $ else 29.5 $ will be deducted every month. So, be careful.
(4) I explored alot of celluar networks, the best and expensive are Tellus, Bell, but their subsidaries are equally good like FIDO and Virgin. I chose Virgin as it was meeting for requirement i.e. 40$ a month, 500 MB and 500 minutes.
Lesson learnt: Fido was very good, but they don't give it to newcomers, as they need second photo ID like Canadian driving license which we don;t have so forget about it.
*Other important notes:
(1) All electronic items here are 120 V, flat thin pin, so you must bring adapter for hooking up.
(2) I had Iphone 5S, and Galaxy S4. I used it in all guld countries, bahrain, saudi, dubai, qatar and in pakistan, so both are working here. This proved me that my phones were unlocked, so before buying any sim, you need to ensure this too.
(3) There is no water arrangement in wahsrooms, like moslm shower etc, so bring lottas... you know what I meant. smile emoticon
(4) weather is very good here, in the night is goes some where 8-10 deg C and in day it is 20 deg C, so you can plan your clothes accordingly.
Note: In Canada, during first week of evey month, there comes a long weekend, where either friday is off or monday is off, so now I have a long weeked where monday is off, All official offices are closed and you can chill out.
(5) The very good part I liked is C train in Calgary, and specially where I am staying, from 8th street, 7th Avenu till Center Hall, you can ride train free of cost, and I am using it, it;s excellent.
(6) I could't register myself for health insurance due to long weekend, and there is some little issue I came to know like I don't have officially a housing contract and they need my own housing contract, so I am still exploring how to get this issue resolved, so if any housing you take it has to be officially signed of document.
(7) For other shopping stuff, you can go to Safeway, wallmart, and for cheap an quick items you can go to Dollarama.
Hope that would help. Needed best wishes and prayers...

I would like to thanks for all forum members here as this forum was really helpful in my journey. Good luck to all.

thanks for sharing +1 for you and best of luck in job hunt.

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
Dear sir,

What are the rules, if breaking the work contract in KSA.
1. Will they give End of service benefits (Gratuity) or not
2. Will they cut 2 months salary?

What are the consequences of not returning to KSA on exit reentry visa
1. Do I require anything (papers such as PCC, work expeience etc) from KSA after landing in Canada for getting PR or citizenship.

Please help me
I will be very thankful to you
Thanks a lot

DreamCanadaBD

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Yesterday I got my gcms note where the text of two notes under the notes section have been kept hidden as per section 16(1)(c) of information act. Can anybody shade some light on it? What can this be? Is this bad for my file? Need some insight.

haricanada

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
29 dec 2014
AOR Received.
second line 20th March 2015
Med's Request
15th April 2015
Med's Done....
21st April 2015. third line update on 4th may 2015
Passport Req..
28th May DM 29th May
VISA ISSUED...
16 June 2015
Dear members.. We booked tickets through momondo.intended destination is toronto but poe is ottawa.we only have 1 and half hour connection time.is this sufficient to finish all the formalities? We are bit tensed as entire itinerary is through lufthansa.how crowded is ottawa airport? Btw, we are landing on 15th Sept

amarjotkhangura

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER-: 26-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015 3rd Line-: 01-03-2015
Interview........
Fingerprints provided to NDVO on 29th July, 2015
Passport Req..
DM-:23-10-2015 PPR-:26-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Seems like everybody is getting the desired Visas :D
Only few unfortunate ppl are left like me :(

Krunal6584

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
Dear all, I need experts advice on my below concern.

I'm currently waiting for passport request after medical. pretty much at the last stage of FSWP 2014 applicant.

One of my passport page is slightly damaged so I want to renew my passport. However, i am confused to do it now before getting PPR request and send both passport when request come from visa office or renew it after visa stamped.
If i will do it now, will it effect to processing time ? obviously the application has been initially filed with the old passport.

I need your advise. So please help me.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krunal6584 said:
Dear all, I need experts advice on my below concern.

I'm currently waiting for passport request after medical. pretty much at the last stage of FSWP 2014 applicant.

One of my passport page is slightly damaged so I want to renew my passport. However, i am confused to do it now before getting PPR request and send both passport when request come from visa office or renew it after visa stamped.
If i will do it now, will it effect to processing time ? obviously the application has been initially filed with the old passport.

I need your advise. So please help me.
The visa office may nor stamp visa on passport having a damaged page . Please get you passport renewed.