+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
This government is likely to stay (according to the polls at least).
And frankly, the way they terminated the backlog actually made it possible for 2014 applications to be processed lightning fast compared to other years of FSW program (8-11 months compared to 3-5 years). So, we actually benefitted from their immigration provisions. Same applies to the citizenship applications: the RO is now 4 years, but the file is processed in 8 months in contrast to 24 months as it used to be under the old system, so technically the total timeline is still 5 years and is expected to go down once they clear their inventories. The supervisa for parents seems like a cool option too. Ultimately our goal is to naturalize and become citizens, so PR is just one step in this process and I never imagined to remain in this status indefinitely.
BTW there's still 6 months until the election. All 3 major parties have held the "lead" since the last election.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
I was talking about the proposal to revoke the citizenship of naturalized citizens who are convicted of serious crimes. This is likely to affect very few people, but I still don't like the idea that a naturalized citizen is less of a Canadian than a born citizen. That is a very un-Canadian idea.
Creating a second layer of citizens doesn't sound fair at all. But this practice is not unheard of in the Free world. I know that the UK terminates acquired citizenships in case of serious crime, for instance. On that note, I am not playing the devil's advocate, but I can understand that during the previous decades the immigration program was heavily abused by those who screw the privilege of been accepted to this great nation.

You can play with the Interpol tool and see that most of the criminals wanted in Canada were not born in Canada (http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted). Technically, there was no legal procedure to remove this scum from the society. Consequently, unless it's misused (which is very unlikely considering the check and balances of a liberal democracy), this provision will be very welcome.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Creating a second layer of citizens doesn't sound fair at all. But this practice is not unheard of in the Free world. I know that the UK terminates acquired citizenships in case of serious crime, for instance. On that note, I am not playing the devil's advocate, but I can understand that during the previous decades the immigration program was heavily abused by those who screw the privilege of been accepted to this great nation.

You can play with the Interpol tool and see that most of the criminals wanted in Canada were not born in Canada (http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted). Technically, there was no legal procedure to remove this scum from the society. Consequently, unless it's misused (which is very unlikely considering the check and balances of a liberal democracy), this provision will be very welcome.
I understand what you're saying and I have no love for people who abuse the blessing of Canadian citizenship either in obtaining it or afterward. I personally think it sets a dangerous precedent. You can lock up criminals.

Ratzmeet

Apr 13, 2015
Hello Everyone...

My timelines are as below.

NOC- 0712
APP RECEIVED – 11 SEP 2014.
PER – 31 DEC 2014.
AOR – 4 FEB 2015.
STILL WAITING FOR SECOND LINE UPDATE AND MR..........
VISA OFFICE – NDVO TO WARSAW POLAND

hey anyone with same noc get their second line update.....

Please Help me whats The Problem with me...!!! ??? ???

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
BTW there's still 6 months until the election. All 3 major parties have held the "lead" since the last election.
True enough, but the dynamics of the polls kind of tell me that Harper will be making a comeback. Several months ago Trudeau had a 10% lead, but now they are running close. We'll see what future holds in store for us from the Canadian soil, huh? ;)

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
Never. DD Encashed for child name addition - 21 Feb'15
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
17-Mar-15 - Started processing Application (2nd Line Updated)
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
10-Apr-15; 3rd Line update 25-Apr-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
Hi All,

Please advise how much time NDVO provides for VISA Stamping/PPR????

avineet

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER MAIL:2ND DEC 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
03-02-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
next year feb
How many copies of Confirmation of PR we get per Passport ?

I have received 2 copies one with Photograph on it and one without photograph.

But I have received only one copy with photograph for my wife .Please advise ?????

avineet

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER MAIL:2ND DEC 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
03-02-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
next year feb
RATAN said:
Hi All,

Please advise how much time NDVO provides for VISA Stamping/PPR????
1 month

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
Never. DD Encashed for child name addition - 21 Feb'15
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
17-Mar-15 - Started processing Application (2nd Line Updated)
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
10-Apr-15; 3rd Line update 25-Apr-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
Seniors,

I want to get my Visa Stamping in Dakar, Senegal. However, my VO is NDVO........
I have requested NDVO to allow my Visa stamping in Dakar with cover letter of my MR docs.....
My worry is if NDVO does not clarify on the Visa stamping in Dakar and tehy will provide only 30 days for PPR, I will not be in a position to raise CSE then as it takes 30 days for them to respond.......
What should be done in that case.......PLEASE ADVISE....

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RATAN said:
Seniors,

I want to get my Visa Stamping in Dakar, Senegal. However, my VO is NDVO........
I have requested NDVO to allow my Visa stamping in Dakar with cover letter of my MR docs.....
My worry is if NDVO does not clarify on the Visa stamping in Dakar and tehy will provide only 30 days for PPR, I will not be in a position to raise CSE then as it takes 30 days for them to respond.......
What should be done in that case.......PLEASE ADVISE....
You don't need to seek NDVO's permission to apply for visa stamping at Dakar.
Approach http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Senegal/english/index.html IN PERSON with your PP and PPR and ask them to contact the local Canadian Visa office by phone to allow submission of travel document for visa issuance.

smharry

Jul 9, 2014
Does anyone have a list or a sample form (filled) which is required at the time of landing. I plan to drive to Windsor from United States.
I am not sure of what all should go on the list which can be brought in later.

Thanks !

bombardier

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Hi All,

This is regarding adding new born daughter to my fsw application 2014.

Kindly anyone let me know how to pay the processing fee for my child through online.

I have checked the online link and we have to pay through " Family class" link provided in cic website.

Anyone payed online for addition of new born ,please guide me or we can take the DD for paying processing fee.

Experts ,please guide me.Its really
urgent.

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
Dear Forum Members,
I am planning to land June-July, visa issued in March. Regarding POF, can I carry the entire amount in cash? Since this amount is more than CAD 10,000 do I need to show source of funds? I will be disposing my car, would the bill of sale work? The bill of sale would not be for the entire CAD 10,000 but for a substantial amount of that (maybe CAD 7,000).

Chris

CanadaImmQ2013

Apr 20, 2013
I posted in another thread and posting here as well since I am getting impatient now :(

ECAS changed to Decision Made on March 10th and still no PPR email, called call center earlier and the representative mentioned they might be working on your file. Emailed and received a reply your file processing is within the process time limit. Its almost month and half and what are they doing with my file?

Is there any way I can get more information on why its taking so long for DM to PPR?