+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blessed_TAP said:
Hi,

If I indicated Edmonton on my CIC application form, can I do my landing and residence in Toronto instead since plans have changed?
You can land anywhere except Quebec. Once you are a PR, you can live anywhere, in theory including Quebec, but there is a risk in living in Quebec because FSW is not for Quebec.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coolguy31 said:
Looks like NDVO likes to play with our feelings and enjoy dry days. Better to soak ourselves in Johnny walker like somebody said a few days back.

Cheers
I think it was Jack Daniel's, but whatever works for you. :D

I'll stick with gin and tonic myself.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
You can land anywhere except Quebec. Once you are a PR, you can live anywhere, including Quebec.
future_canadian, I disagree about living in QC.

Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

It is a legal obligation, and if a landed immigrant doesn't observe it, his PR status may be invalidated after he applies for new PR card in five years or lodges a citizenship application.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
It is so nice to hear congratulations from the old gang future_canadian! +1 due
Remembering the CIO stage brings back memories. For sure, I am eager to get it done ASAP, but CPC-O takes a while to return the PP (three weeks). What about HKVO?
I think about 3 weeks too.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lousyrasco said:
Hello Everyone - Reply requested

This is my situation. I applied for my PR in Nov 20th 2014 to the Nova Scotia Office, at that time my marital status was single. I received the AOR in March 2015.

Now i'm married, could any one update me what all forms should be submitted to add spouse to the application?

I have already gathered all the supporting docs...Just confused with forms.

Please help???????????????
Raise a CSE telling the VO you are now married and they will tell you everything you need to submit.

Aside from the supporting docs, you can expect to be required to submit a new generic application form, new family information forms for yourself and your wife, new background declaration forms for yourself and your wife, a new travels form.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RATAN said:
Hi,

Future Canadian,

What do u think is the reason in delay????

Did you work/stayed in different countries and coz of that the delay in criminality checks?

Cheers....
Good question I don't know the reason. I plan to request my GCMS notes after landing to see if there's any interesting information in there.

Both my spouse and I have lived in more than 1 country, yes, but I don't know whether that caused the longer processing time.

deepee86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Sep 14
Nomination.....
18 Dec 14 (PER)
AOR Received.
13 Mar 15
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
26 Mar 15
Med's Done....
3 April 15
Passport Req..
13 May 15
LANDED..........
Hopefully before July 2015
Does the 3rd line update "Medical received" also mean RPRF is also recd??
Or do they send a separate receipt for RPRF?

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
Never. DD Encashed for child name addition - 21 Feb'15
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
17-Mar-15 - Started processing Application (2nd Line Updated)
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
10-Apr-15; 3rd Line update 25-Apr-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
future_canadian said:
Good question I don't know the reason. I plan to request my GCMS notes after landing to see if there's any interesting information in there.

Both my spouse and I have lived in more than 1 country, yes, but I don't know whether that caused the longer processing time.
Ok.....I asked it as I have stayed in 4 countries in last 7 years and have submitted the PCC from all these countries.......So shall I expect delays in 3rd line update to DM/PPR??

Thanks....

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
future_canadian, I disagree about living in QC.

Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

It is a legal obligation, and if a landed immigrant doesn't observe it, his PR status may be invalidated after he applies for new PR card in five years or lodges a citizenship application.
You make a very good point. Under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, freedom of movement within Canada is the fundamental right of all people living in Canada. This seems to be at odds with the IRPR subsection you quoted. I wonder how such a conflict would be resolved if the subsection of the IRPR were challenged in court as an invalid infringement upon rights granted by the Charter. As a practical matter however I agree with you that it is very risky for a FSW PR to reside in Quebec prior to obtaining citizenship.

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
deepee86 said:
Does the 3rd line update "Medical received" also mean RPRF is also recd??
Or do they send a separate receipt for RPRF?
3rd line update means that VO have recd. your medical reports....

If you have paid the RPRF fee online, you might have recd. the receipt. But, if you have sent a DD then you will not get receipt for the same. You can check with your bank if that has been encashed.

Cheers...

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
You make a very good point. Under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, freedom of movement within Canada is the fundamental right of all people living in Canada. This seems to be at odds with the IRPR subsection you quoted. I wonder how such a conflict would be resolved if the subsection of the IRPR were challenged in court as an invalid infringement upon rights granted by the Charter. As a practical matter however I agree with you that it is very risky for a FSW PR to reside in Quebec prior to obtaining citizenship.
Being a CPC-O applicant, I know that the CIC is taking this matter VERY seriously in regards to FSW3 applicants pursuing their PhDs in QC-based universities. All of them receive document requests to provide definitive proof that they will leave for another province as soon as they become PRs. In case the PA fails to produce sufficient evidence such as a tenant agreement, job offer from elsewhere, etc. - they get rejected:

Dear xxx:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Vancouver, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at Concordia University. On January 30, 2015, I wrote to you outlining my concerns and provided you with 30 days to respond to these concerns. On February 25, 2015 you responded by stating that you believed there would be opportunities in Vancouver for you upon graduation.

I am not satisfied that you intend to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec. You are still studying, working and living in Montreal. While you have been looking for employment in early 2015, you have not made definite arrangements to live in Vancouver. I am therefore not satisfied you intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Subsection 75(3)states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
I completely agree with you that fooling around with the Immigration authorities is a risky business, because permanent residency is not really permanent.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RATAN said:
Ok.....I asked it as I have stayed in 4 countries in last 7 years and have submitted the PCC from all these countries.......So shall I expect delays in 3rd line update to DM/PPR??

Thanks....
It depends on the countries you lived in. Some are very quick to follow up on CIC requests to confirm the validity of your PCC, some are not.

Calgary14

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
I am totally depressed.Got my second line updated on feb 21,sent updation regarding my new job which reached NDVO on 6th March .but no updates on MR.
What could be the possible reason for this delay.eyes are tired looking for MR

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
Diplomatru said:
It depends on the countries you lived in. Some are very quick to follow up on CIC requests to confirm the validity of your PCC, some are not.
That is what bothering me....Unfortunately, the countries I lived in are very very very slow in responding.....or may not even respond.... :'( :mad: