+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary14 said:
Dear friends,
I am totally depressed.Got my second line updated on feb 21,sent updation regarding my new job which reached NDVO on 6th March .but no updates on MR.
What could be the possible reason for this delay.eyes are tired looking for MR
They are doing background check related to your employment and education history to pass a selection decision. Once your eligibility is confirmed you will receive MR, RPRF, PCC request and they will begin other admissibility assessments.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Being a CPC-O applicant, I know that the CIC is taking this matter VERY seriously in regards to FSW3 applicants pursuing their PhDs in QC-based universities. All of them receive document requests to provide definitive proof that they will leave for another province as soon as they become PRs. In case the PA fails to produce sufficient evidence such as a tenant agreement, job offer from elsewhere, etc. - they get rejected:

I completely agree with you that fooling around with the Immigration authorities is a risky business, because permanent residency is not really permanent.
And the current Conservative government is trying to make it even less permanent.

SKumarIND

Star Member
Aug 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
November 2014
Nomination.....
December 2014 PER
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Request
March 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Passport Req..
May 2015. Passport Send
Dear Friends,
How many times can I check my ecas

RATAN

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Aug-14
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
Never. DD Encashed for child name addition - 21 Feb'15
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
17-Mar-15 - Started processing Application (2nd Line Updated)
Med's Request
07-Apr-15
Med's Done....
10-Apr-15; 3rd Line update 25-Apr-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
& DM 26-May-2015
SKumarIND said:
Dear Friends,
As far as I know...there is no limit at all.....

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SKumarIND said:
Dear Friends,
It takes a few seconds to login, click your status and logout. Let's say 5 seconds. There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour and 24 hours in a day for a total of 86,400 seconds in a day. That's 17,280 times a day if you do not interrupt your checking with petty annoyances like eating, sleeping, bathing and sex. If you are fast you may be able to push it 20,000 times a day and if you are slow or you are on dial-up internet you may only be able to achieve 10,000 times per day. Records were made to be broken, go for it!

Calgary14

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
They are doing background check related to your employment and education history to pass a selection decision. Once your eligibility is confirmed you will receive MR, RPRF, PCC request and they will begin other admissibility assessments.
Thnk q and +1 to u diplomatru for ur quick reply.

My concern is people with same time line as mine application date August 25 has got MR already,
One person even got PPR.so should I worry cos of the delay in MR?
How can I know the reason for this delay

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TANSAM said:
Latest notes as on 4th Feb'15:
Label - General
Restricted - No
Office - New Delhi
Text - **File not RFV pending Singapore PCC - called n spoke to pa's wife and she confirmed Singapore authorities will send the PCC to us directly. File paed.
It means you are the one delaying your file. You need to ascertain if the singapore PCC has been delivered ASAP as it appears that is the only document to be received in order to finalize your application.

Coolguy31

Nov 29, 2013
Nagpur, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014. Adtl Rpts submitted on 02-12-2015 to Med Center. Consultant Submitted all Docs Via Email on 8 Dec 14
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2016
LANDED..........
Landing 16-04-2016
future_canadian said:
I think it was Jack Daniel's, but whatever works for you. :D

I'll stick with gin and tonic myself.
Oh my bad. I was thinking about jack Daniels and i wrote Johnny walker. Kuch bhi chalega bas ppr aajaye.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
And the current Conservative government is trying to make it even less permanent.
This government is likely to stay (according to the polls at least).
And frankly, the way they terminated the backlog actually made it possible for 2014 applications to be processed lightning fast compared to other years of FSW program (8-11 months compared to 3-5 years). So, we actually benefitted from their immigration provisions. Same applies to the citizenship applications: the RO is now 4 years, but the file is processed in 8 months in contrast to 24 months as it used to be under the old system, so technically the total timeline is still 5 years and is expected to go down once they clear their inventories. The supervisa for parents seems like a cool option too. Ultimately our goal is to naturalize and become citizens, so PR is just one step in this process and I never imagined to remain in this status indefinitely.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
It takes a few seconds to login, click your status and logout. Let's say 5 seconds. There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour and 24 hours in a day for a total of 86,400 seconds in a day. That's 17,280 times a day if you do not interrupt your checking with petty annoyances like eating, sleeping, bathing and sex. If you are fast you may be able to push it 20,000 times a day and if you are slow or you are on dial-up internet you may only be able to achieve 10,000 times per day. Records were made to be broken, go for it!
+100500 :D

tomsp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Visa Office......
FSWP 2014---NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
03-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
NOT YET
kuntanaveenkumar said:
Added my name too
naveen - MR - May 12
Hi Kuttan ,
Congrats on your MR?
What's your application date ?
U have any idea about job verification at employer?

Pls share.
Thanks & Regards ,
Toms

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary14 said:
Thnk q and +1 to u diplomatru for ur quick reply.

My concern is people with same time line as mine application date August 25 has got MR already,
One person even got PPR.so should I worry cos of the delay in MR?
How can I know the reason for this delay
Well, a bunch of August and even September applicants received RFV way before me. They don't prioritize files, but the processing delays depend on the complexity of each case and random luck (random selection for service improvement initiative). Other's timelines are for reference only.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
This government is likely to stay (according to the polls at least).
And frankly, the way they terminated the backlog actually made it possible for 2014 applications to be processed lightning fast compared to other years of FSW program (8-11 months compared to 3-5 years). So, we actually benefitted from their immigration provisions. Same applies to the citizenship applications: the RO is now 4 years, but the file is processed in 8 months in contrast to 24 months as it used to be under the old system, so technically the total timeline is still 5 years and is expected to go down once they clear their inventories. The supervisa for parents seems like a cool option too. Ultimately our goal is to naturalize and become citizens, so PR is just one step in this process and I never imagined to remain in this status indefinitely.
I was talking about the proposal to revoke the citizenship of naturalized citizens who are convicted of serious crimes. This is likely to affect very few people, but I still don't like the idea that a naturalized citizen is less of a Canadian than a born citizen. That is a very un-Canadian idea.

I'm certainly happy about the prospect of faster citizenship processing down the road.

Calgary14

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Well, a bunch of August and even September applicants received RFV way before me. They don't prioritize files, but the processing delays depend on the complexity of each case and random luck (random selection for service improvement initiative). Other's timelines are for reference only.
Thanks and +1 pending (karma restriction)to u diplomatru.
Wait is Terrible though

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Anywhere, except QC.
I personally carried over 10k USD cash at landing when I arrived to study in Canada. You just mark "yes" in the corresponding field of the CBSA declaration form. It's a mandatory document and everyone has to complete it anyway. After immigration you'll be redirected to a customs desk. The officer filled the form and I just signed it. It took her 5 minutes, I guess. Not a big deal at all.

Please I need clarification on the $10k declaration. Technically, can a family of six carry $30k and answer NO?