+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
djgt said:
Dear Friends,

My friend has got my PPR and COPR now he wants to land in June 2016 his visa expire in July 2016. As he wants to complete his son's education year he wants to land there in June 2016. Does it have any issue with late landing will immigration officer ask him why so late you are landing. Is there any chance of rejection after getting PPR and COPR till landing time. Or he is safe in bucket once we got PP and COPR if we land in time visa expiry.................

Your valubale feedback needed.............

Regards,
Your friend can land one day before visa expires, No one will ask your friend for late Arrival.He is safe till visa and CORP expires..

avk3884

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015; PP Sent - 20 - 03 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015; PP Received - 07-04-2015
Friends,

Need an urgent advice.

I got my stamping and am required to travel to Canada before 20th of January along with my wife and Kid.

I would like to travel for a week or so and provide my friend's address to collect the PR and travel back to India.
Post that would serve the notice period in my company and then go back permanently.

Please advise if anyone has any experience on this before.

I am reachable in whatsapp on +60 173937647.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
Vinodh

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Seniors/Experts,

There is one confusion ... I applied for PR under the Federal Skilled worker's program 2014 ...

Couple of days back I received a RPRF, PCC and some updated forms request ... The visa officer send me the link for Family Information ' IMM 5645 (09-2010)E ' form ... whereas, ppl are saying that ( This form is for temporary residents ) :/ ... Furthermore while writing, the Visa officer wrote " Additional Family information form " which is supposed to be the IMM 5406 ( 09-2013) E , but when I click over the link provided by the visa officer , it opens up the Family Information ' IMM 5645 (09-2010)E ' which is supposed to be for the temporary residents... Now in this case , What should be done ? ? ? ...

Has anyone else also being requested for the IMM 5645 (09-2010)E form, while applying for PR ? ? ?

suhits

Dec 23, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
Received
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
10/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/03/2015
LANDED..........
Early June
Your scenario is not any different from many of us. Many have just done what you are about to, so be assured that you will be fine.

Make sure you provide an address (preferable of a trusted friend who wont mind you bothering him endlessly to check his mails for your PR card when they get shipped) which are very sure of getting mails in the next 3-6 months. While the wait time is lesser than 6-8 weeks it keeps changing all the while., mine took 3 months while the average waiting time was less than 45 days.

Make sure when you land, even for a short landing, you get a few things up and running for you. SIN number ! Especially Banking ! Health Card ! and Driving license(learners atleast) ! four very top things to do. Doesnt take much time, but you need to get them started.

avk3884 said:
Friends,

Need an urgent advice.

I got my stamping and am required to travel to Canada before 20th of January along with my wife and Kid.

I would like to travel for a week or so and provide my friend's address to collect the PR and travel back to India.
Post that would serve the notice period in my company and then go back permanently.

Please advise if anyone has any experience on this before.

I am reachable in whatsapp on +60 173937647.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
Vinodh

suhits

Dec 23, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
Received
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
10/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/03/2015
LANDED..........
Early June
Get in touch with CIC on 1-888 242 2100. They will surely help you get the status and can tell you if the card was shipped or why the delay.

This number is only reachable from Canada and hence have a friend conf you in !

Hope that helps !!!

sadhruy said:
Hi Seniors,
I have landed in Canada on 19th Oct . However after staying for 10 days I returned back to India. My plan is to move there permanently in mid 2016. So, for landing formalities, I have given my friend's address for mail communication and for sending me the PR Card. I was told, my PR card will be delivered within 6-8 weeks. But even today, I have not received the PR card to my friends address.
In this situation, I have few queries. Can some one help my with this information:
1. Normally how many days it takes to get the PR Card after landing?
2. Whom should I contact for my PR Card status. Is there any helpline number?
3. If I don't get the PR card, how I can re-apply?

Any other suggestion , what I can do in this situation.

Thanks In Advance.
Saurav

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
maplezone said:
Dear Seniors/Experts,

There is one confusion ... I applied for PR under the Federal Skilled worker's program 2014 ...

Couple of days back I received a RPRF, PCC and some updated forms request ... The visa officer send me the link for Family Information ' IMM 5645 (09-2010)E ' form ... whereas, ppl are saying that ( This form is for temporary residents ) :/ ... Furthermore while writing, the Visa officer wrote " Additional Family information form " which is supposed to be the IMM 5406 ( 09-2013) E , but when I click over the link provided by the visa officer , it opens up the Family Information ' IMM 5645 (09-2010)E ' which is supposed to be for the temporary residents... Now in this case , What should be done ? ? ? ...

Has anyone else also being requested for the IMM 5645 (09-2010)E form, while applying for PR ? ? ?
Please raise a CSE and request them to clarify the confusion

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
maplezone said:
I shall raise a CSE before sending these documents ?
This is a simple issue, fill both forms, the one sent by the VO and the one you feel you ought to fill and send both. The VO will take the form they need and discard the other. All this asking questions and running around is wasting your time when the logical thing to do is just fill the forms and submit. There is no penalty for filling an extra form but it enables you cover all bases. Cheers.

Nov 19, 2015
Dear All,

I am a Petroleum Engineer and have have applied for FSW for that job position in December 2014. My application has been "under processing" since February 2015 and it's currently at London England Visa office.

I have a couple of friends who applied couple of months earlier than me and they have received the email to do the medical since last April and they are landing soon to Canada.

Do you think that 12 months is a long time prior to receiving the visa to get a PR in Canada ?

Thanks in advance

Mahmoud

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Mahmoud Sarrieeldin said:
Dear All,

I am a Petroleum Engineer and have have applied for FSW for that job position in December 2014. My application has been "under processing" since February 2015 and it's currently at London England Visa office.

I have a couple of friends who applied couple of months earlier than me and they have received the email to do the medical since last April and they are landing soon to Canada.

Do you think that 12 months is a long time prior to receiving the visa to get a PR in Canada ?

Thanks in advance

Mahmoud
No, it is not as there are many people like you waiting to do the medicals. The time period for processing applications is not fixed but varies from applicant to applicant. Two people who submitted the same day may not necessarily receive visa the same time as we are all different people with different situations. You can send a CSE to know the status of your application, cheers.

Nov 19, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
No, it is not as there are many people like you waiting to do the medicals. The time period for processing applications is not fixed but varies from applicant to applicant. Two people who submitted the same day may not necessarily receive visa the same time as we are all different people with different situations. You can send a CSE to know the status of your application, cheers.
Thanks a lot for your swift reply.I really appreciate it

Cheers

avk3884

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015; PP Sent - 20 - 03 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015; PP Received - 07-04-2015
suhits said:
Your scenario is not any different from many of us. Many have just done what you are about to, so be assured that you will be fine.

Make sure you provide an address (preferable of a trusted friend who wont mind you bothering him endlessly to check his mails for your PR card when they get shipped) which are very sure of getting mails in the next 3-6 months. While the wait time is lesser than 6-8 weeks it keeps changing all the while., mine took 3 months while the average waiting time was less than 45 days.

Make sure when you land, even for a short landing, you get a few things up and running for you. SIN number ! Especially Banking ! Health Card ! and Driving license(learners atleast) ! four very top things to do. Doesnt take much time, but you need to get them started.
Thank you very much suhits.

Your post is a lot relieving to know that I am not alone.

Can you guide me whether these activites can be completed within 5 days of landing in Canada, as I am planning to return back within a week and planning to get back in september 2016. Should I still go ahead with Health card and banking on landing?

Regards,
Vinodh

suhits

Dec 23, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
Received
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
10/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/03/2015
LANDED..........
Early June
SIN is over the counter. you need stamped COPR - Max 15 mins at a Service Canada center. Or event he airport next to Immigration.
Bank Account needs address proof. For which you need to get a rent lease agreement. You can technically have a friend sign a sub-lease just for address sake. Take print from the net on the format and both sign on it... If would be nice to get, you can open an account and just have it. Within 5 days you might not get the debit card and credit card delivered. So just open an account.

OHIP card, Use the lease agreement and COPR to register... takes 15 min. So next time you come you do have to wait 90 days to get your health cover. And you can save 90 days of health insurance cover that otherwise you have to pay fro your pocket in ontario..

Driving license - good to give the exam, go in the first half and sit for the test. You can read before you even land. If you think you dont want to write the test. Get a Ontario ID, this is as good as an identity proof, but will get deactivated as soon as you get your driving license done.

Remember any where you go you need a ID proof and the best ID proof is the driving license.

All the best - SS

avk3884 said:
Thank you very much suhits.

Your post is a lot relieving to know that I am not alone.

Can you guide me whether these activites can be completed within 5 days of landing in Canada, as I am planning to return back within a week.

"Make sure when you land, even for a short landing, you get a few things up and running for you. SIN number ! Especially Banking ! Health Card ! and Driving license(learners atleast) ! four very top things to do. Doesnt take much time, but you need to get them started."

Rubayat007

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Initially it was SGVO later file was transferred to MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App sent via DHL:14-08-2014 App rec by CIC: 20-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application (except one foreign PCC)
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
In Sha Allah Soon
Med's Done....
In Sha Allah Soon
Passport Req..
In Sha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
In Sha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah Soon
Hello Friends,

Me and my spouse have received PR Visa with validity upto Nov 26th 2016.

We intend to travel before this time (Aug'15), but for some reasons, we can't stay beyond 7-8 days and have to return back to Bangladesh.

In such case, within how much time we would have to re-enter Canada next? I mean , how much time we will have
maximum, within which we have to reenter Canada to ensure our PR status is maintained?(Plz note that I am only asking about PR status not citizenship status).

As far as PR card is concerned, we will arrange it to be sent at our relatives place and do not intend to do any other
proceedings for now.

Thanks,

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
suhits said:
SIN is over the counter. you need stamped COPR - Max 15 mins at a Service Canada center. Or event he airport next to Immigration.
Bank Account needs address proof. For which you need to get a rent lease agreement. You can technically have a friend sign a sub-lease just for address sake. Take print from the net on the format and both sign on it... If would be nice to get, you can open an account and just have it. Within 5 days you might not get the debit card and credit card delivered. So just open an account.

OHIP card, Use the lease agreement and COPR to register... takes 15 min. So next time you come you do have to wait 90 days to get your health cover. And you can save 90 days of health insurance cover that otherwise you have to pay fro your pocket in ontario..

Driving license - good to give the exam, go in the first half and sit for the test. You can read before you even land. If you think you dont want to write the test. Get a Ontario ID, this is as good as an identity proof, but will get deactivated as soon as you get your driving license done.

Remember any where you go you need a ID proof and the best ID proof is the driving license.

All the best - SS
one needs to be in Ontraio for 3 months before the OHIP starts. If he leaves in 5 days then he will again need to complete the remaining 2 months and 25 days whenever he comes back before the insurance cover starts. its not like u sign up and leave, and the day counter keeps running. Also, it is 3 months from the day u start to live, not from day of application. so if u come here and do not apply for first 2 months, then u just have to wait 1 more month for OHIP to start. Also just an address is required for bank account, not a proof for it. I got bank account the very next day, and passport plus COPR is enough for newly landed immigrants.