+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
ksharma85 said:
Hi friends and seniors.

I have submitted my passports in VFS on July 03. I request seniors to please spare some time and answer my query that after how many days I can expect my passports back (Including weekends). I am bit concerned because I am having my tickets booked for July 29.

Reply is highly appreciated.

Regards
Karan Sharma
It can take upto a month.
Please write to Visa Office explaining them that you have to visit abroad on 29th July and it would be helpful if they could return the passports ealier.

rkdhawan1968

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
14-Nov-2014
Med's Request
27-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
26-Feb-2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
8-June-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-June-2015
ksharma85 said:
Hi friends and seniors.

I have submitted my passports in VFS on July 03. I request seniors to please spare some time and answer my query that after how many days I can expect my passports back (Including weekends). I am bit concerned because I am having my tickets booked for July 29.

Reply is highly appreciated.

Regards
Karan Sharma
NDVO PP minimum processing time is 10 days. Should get before 15th

pr4vj

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-2014
Nomination.....
Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan-2015
Med's Done....
Jan-2015
Interview........
Aug-2015
Passport Req..
Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec-2015
alok4best said:
It can take upto a month.
Please write to Visa Office explaining them that you have to visit abroad on 29th July and it would be helpful if they could return the passports ealier.
I suggest you wait till next Friday and write to NDVO because mostly you will get it back in 12 days.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
vish.777 said:
[size=13pt]This actually is an intricate narration of my experience post PPR, I hope you all will enjoy this prolonged composition.

I have finally squeezed out some time to pen down my experience after landing in Vancouver, it probably was the unusual jet-lag which kicked in on the second day of landing, strange.

Firstly, that ecstatic moment when the passports were delivered. I was kept longing for 10 working days after the passports were sent to New Delhi. It might be a normal timescale but you know how impatient we all are to have that Maple leaf stamp in our passports. So yes they finally arrived and my wife and I were hopping in joy while our kid was staring at us why in the world were we dancing and jumping while there isn't a bollywood song playing.

We booked a flight with very less time to spare in India since the passports were delivered on 12/06/2015. I chose Cathay Pacific to fly on 4th of July from Hyderabad to Vancouver via Hong Kong. If anybody is wondering why this flight, it's because I found this flight had the shortest flight duration (24hours 35minutes ) and a decent price per ticket considering how far Vancouver is when compared to Toronto (1.97 Lakh for 3).

The day arrived when we actually had to pack our bags and make a list of goods accompanying!! Seriously!! Who enjoys making a note of every single item in the bag and it's estimated price. OMG this was the part we hated the most, but yes we did it. Although we weren't asked for anything as such by the Immigration Officer at Vancouver. meh! So don't bother about it.

Boarding the flight in India (Hyderabad) was smooth although the flight was delayed by 1 hour and 10 minutes which wasn't bad cos the layover at Hong Kong would go down by an hour :).
Having said that, this is it, the final line where you can see your family and friends for years until they come and see us or vice-versa. We passed through the immigration and sat re-collecting how awesome time we had in India since a year and half. You got to move on, that's life.

Hong Kong was one of the best airports I've been to. It's on the coast with a spectacular view of the mountains. We were surprised how quick those 6 hours passed. Our daughter made some friends there too, though they din't understand each other much, they had fun.

Now was time to board the longest flight I've ever travelled on, 13 odd hours. To my surprise, the airlines were already informed about my birthday and I was greeted with a Cake to cut and the crew comes to wish me. It was a special journey for me to decide to start a new life in a new place.

Right, now comes the real part. We were given a declaration form for Canadian Immigration as we boarded the flight at Hong Kong. I filled it in with ‘No' to most of it except the cash part.
I carried CAD 12000 as POF and the rest was in my Indian bank account. You can carry some cash and have the rest in India as long as you have access to internet banking and you can prove the availability of funds by logging in and showing it to the officer, if asked.

As we approached the queue to Immigration, we informed an agent at the queue that we are here to complete the landing formality. She welcomed us with a beautiful smile and requested us to follow her (Oh! Wow! Welcome to Canada. If you can follow me please). We were asked to join a very short queue, where the officer at the desk welcomed us again and took the declaration form to stamp and scribble it with ‘3' to indicate we are 3. She then asked us to follow the signs to collect all the baggage and see the New Immigrants desk (something that sort). We had 7 large suitcases, 3 hand carry suitcases, 2 backpacks, one handbag, a pram. We hired a Porter to help us, he was a desi college student supposedly. He charged us CAD 25, this includes collecting the baggage for us, directing us towards the Immigration Officer, wait for all that time it takes, take us towards the exit and load the bags in our cars, I thought it was a fair deal, paid him CAD 30, 5$ tip. Our baggage kept us holding for 40 long minutes, phew, unfortunately there was staff shortage to unload the bags onto the baggage carousel.

Now meanwhile at the New immigrants desk - we were sent to a desk where we were given ‘Welcome to Canada' guide, a leaflet with all the necessary initial contacts and our email
address was taken to send an email containing a list of everything we need to start off. About 8-10 minutes here. Then we had the Immigration Officers desks behind us. We were called at one of those desks, and this IO was a guy I actually saw on the Frontline Border Security videos on youtube. There were a few others I could recognise.

He took our COPRs, Passports. Asked few basic questions like any convictions, or any refusals from entry into Canada, which are already answered in the COPR. And looking at the declaration form he asked how much cash I was carrying, I said ‘CAD 11885 and USD 100', as I was about to take ‘em out of my backpack he said ‘don't worry'. We were then asked to take a seat while he entered some data into his PC. After a while, the Officer seriously calls out my name and bears a angry look. I was trying to stay cool as I haven't made any blunders, I carried 2 excel sheets of the goods accompanying, Jewellery pics, PR card application forms pre-filled and printed out, I made my way to the desk and he puts his hand forward to shake hands with me to actually wish me a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY” then he smiles and says ‘why din't you tell me maaaann' lol. Rings the bell on his desk thrice and all the IO's at their respective desks shouted “Happy Birthday” wowww :)) I was feeling so special, I just loved the whole journey.
I was requested to take a seat, we were all called individually to sign our COPRs. IO asked for an address to post the PR cards, I had these on my PR application form so handed the page to him, he was happy and said 'very well sorted Mr. XXX'! That's about it, 30 minutes including the 10 minutes at the Welcome Canada desk.

The porter then skipped all the queues and pushed us through the exit and straight into the parking lot. The first impression of this place, because I haven't been to USA before, MASSIVE!!
The cars, the landscapes, huge!! It was the best time to land onto a place we have been waiting to fulfil our dreams, give a better standard of life to our next generations and other individual reasons anybody might have. But trust me this is just that initial happiness and 20% job done, until you find a job you aspire for, which will then make all the wait worthy!

After a celebrating the whole weekend, we headed to the Service Canada to get our SIN. It was very well organised, quick process. We had our SINs in no time. FYI - They do not do cards for SIN anymore for some reason so it was just a print out bearing our SINs. JOB DONE!

Will write another post for banks if you all need.

I understand that you all are going through a tough time waiting for Warsaw to process your applications, but as it isn't in our control, and eventually you'll be here, I'd say be it a little longer than usual, it'll be worth the wait. Enjoy your last few days in India.

Best Wishes!

+1 for sharing your experience...
B lated happy b'day

shab78

May 2, 2014
Dear friends,
I completed medicals and it is updated on CIC Ecas as medical received. I hope we will be receiving Passport request soon. I have a question regarding passport validity, My wife passoprt gonna expire on 1-1-2016, and we are traveling for two weeks from 15th July. and to renew the passport we need extra 20 days, it means the earliest we can get the new passport back is around 20th August. If we receive the passport request before, how much time they give to submit the passport? can we submit a passport with validity less than 6 months?
really appreciate your comments.

pr4vj

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-2014
Nomination.....
Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan-2015
Med's Done....
Jan-2015
Interview........
Aug-2015
Passport Req..
Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec-2015
shab78 said:
Dear friends,
I completed medicals and it is updated on CIC Ecas as medical received. I hope we will be receiving Passport request soon. I have a question regarding passport validity, My wife passoprt gonna expire on 1-1-2016, and we are traveling for two weeks from 15th July. and to renew the passport we need extra 20 days, it means the earliest we can get the new passport back is around 20th August. If we receive the passport request before, how much time they give to submit the passport? can we submit a passport with validity less than 6 months?
really appreciate your comments.
Look at my timelines and predict your ppr date, jokes apart I guess definitely not before the date you guess. So go ahead with passport renewal.

deep1985

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
SENT ALREADY
Nomination.....
29-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
01-04-2015 (TL-8th April)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (PP submitted at VFS-18/05/15 & PP Collected on 25/05/15)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015 (Canada Day)
khare smita said:
Hi

are we supposed to fill pr form

if yes then there is one query regarding port of entry .

i am confused as we will be going to vancouver and in copr its winnipeg so what should we WRITE WINNIPEG OR VANCOUVER.

Please advise

regards
smita
Hi Samita,
No need to fill PR form. As it is in their system like COPR. It takes hardly 2-3 minutes for them to fill online. You have to provide your address in Canada to post it.
I filled on B4 & List of Goods to accompany with me.
They are bothered only about money more than $10 K and Goods to follow.
Also keep a buffer of 3-4 hours for flight change and all immigration process if traveling to winnipeg.
Hope it helps.

srmumtaz

Sep 3, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2016
Doc's Request.
Pictures, 10 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
31 Dec 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
24 July 2015
Med's Done....
1 AUG 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 AUG 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
8 OCT 2015
Dear Seniors,

I am an applicant of sept 2014. PER received on 31 Dec 2014. Pictures request from LDVO on 10 feb 2015. Ever since then, i haven't received anything. ECAS status is a single liner. Case specific inquiry resulted in a standard reply. FSW 2014 spread sheet reveals that people are getting response from London VO.

Does any body has any idea what is going on with my case? I applied from Dubai, and i am Pakistani national.

What are my options???

Feeling worried !!!

Thanks in Advance
Syed

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Dear brothers,

I got the visa in my passport. Preparing to head to Toronto in September. I am in the last interview for a job. How much will it take me to get the Permanent Resident Card after arriving in Canada ? And also the Social Insurance Number.

God bless you !

LORDHELP

Aug 13, 2014
india
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-aug-2014
Nomination.....
per 28th nov 2014
File Transfer...
2nd line : processing started on 5-feb- 2015
Med's Request
21-feb-2015
Med's Done....
27-feb-2015, 3rd line:- 10-march-2015, Fbi submitted- 30-April-2015
Passport Req..
13-june-2015
LANDED..........
5-jan-2016 (Toronto)
David_C said:
Dear brothers,

I got the visa in my passport. Preparing to head to Toronto in September. I am in the last interview for a job. How much will it take me to get the Permanent Resident Card after arriving in Canada ? And also the Social Insurance Number.

God bless you !
it takes 2 to 3 months for the pr card to come

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
LORDHELP said:
it takes 2 to 3 months for the pr card to come
2-3 months from the date when the visa was issued or from the date I will apply for it in Canada ?
Can I legally work in this period ?

Thank you

LORDHELP

Aug 13, 2014
india
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-aug-2014
Nomination.....
per 28th nov 2014
File Transfer...
2nd line : processing started on 5-feb- 2015
Med's Request
21-feb-2015
Med's Done....
27-feb-2015, 3rd line:- 10-march-2015, Fbi submitted- 30-April-2015
Passport Req..
13-june-2015
LANDED..........
5-jan-2016 (Toronto)
David_C said:
2-3 months from the date when the visa was issued or from the date I will apply for it in Canada ?
Can I legally work in this period ?

Thank you
Onces its applied after landing it can come any time between 40 to 90 days
yes you can legally work from day one after landing

singhkiratjit

Jul 10, 2015
HI ALL

THE FOLLOWING IS MY STATUS ON THE OFFICIAL SITE OF CANADA

We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2014.
We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

MY MEDICALS HAVE DONE ON 01.05.2015

BUT NO FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS...........

PLEASE TELL ME IS THERE ANYTHING O BE WORRIED ABOUT ?????

Coy2d2

Jul 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I am new here in the forum and I am wondering if you can help me on my dilemma. I am currently in the Med Request / request for additional docs phase of the FSWP process and I am thinking about resigning on my job now and switch employers. I am having second thoughts now because I think I have to answer these questions first before I can proceed with my plan.

Will it affect my application if I switched employers but still have the same role? Will it delay my application further if I switched employers? lastly, how do you inform local visa office if you switched employers? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jammy2174 said:
Check the below link, u will get all the information
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html
u don't need to download and fill up PR and SIN form, those will be done at airport... SIN will be done at airport if u land in weekdays and during working hours otherwise u need to visit service canada office
Thank you for your reply Jammy2174

+1 for you :)