AjayB123

Jul 29, 2018
I got my CBT results today.

L - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6
S - 7

Needed 7 in writing to reach 435.

Will it be worth trying for re evaluation?
is increase of band by 1 even possible?
Has anyone been able to get a increase of 1 band after revaluation?

PS. This was my second attempt.
First attempt paper based 7.5 8 6.5 7 LRWS

Rina Arora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Got my reval result from IDP-No change

Computerised Exam
Scores (8.5,8,6.5,7.5)
Revaluation was applied for all sections but purpose was to get .5 inc in writing.
Applied on 31st Oct, Recieved TRF today and date on IDP cover letter is 14th Nov

If anyone is planning to go for reval of computerised writing attempt then please think twice because I have seem various instances where scores are not increased, specifically in computer based. Frankly, I havn’t heard any success story.

I was confident with my exam and did really well.

Reactions: babachill

babachill

Nov 4, 2018

Computerised Exam
Scores (8.5,8,6.5,7.5)
Revaluation was applied for all sections but purpose was to get .5 inc in writing.
Applied on 31st Oct, Recieved TRF today and date on IDP cover letter is 14th Nov

If anyone is planning to go for reval of computerised writing attempt then please think twice because I have seem various instances where scores are not increased, specifically in computer based. Frankly, I havn’t heard any success story.

Hi, I have my exam on 30th Nov at IDP centre Nehru Place Delhi. My question is does IDP allow rough sheet and a pen ?

Jimmycan

Feb 7, 2019

Computerised Exam
Scores (8.5,8,6.5,7.5)

Hi Rina, I am in Toronto ..... and planning to appear in computer based IELTS..... just wanna know, if it does spelling check in LISTENING part........ Writing I know it doesn't...... but was doing some sample test and it was showing spelling errors in listening part...... was just wondering whether that happens with the original LISTENING test also..... Can you please guide..... Thanks

Adhi_Krishnan

Dec 28, 2018
Just got my CBT result

L 8.5
R 9.0
W 6.5
S 8.0

Do you recommend I go for a re-evaluation?
These are my IDP CBT Scores

L - 8.5
R - 9.0
W - 6.0
S - 8.0

Applied for Writing re-evaluation and waiting on the results. My take here is give it a shot, If luck favors then nothing like it.

Tungbaskee

Feb 7, 2019
These are my IDP CBT Scores

L - 8.5
R - 9.0
W - 6.0
S - 8.0

Applied for Writing re-evaluation and waiting on the results. My take here is give it a shot, If luck favors then nothing like it.
I've got my EOR result, and my writing band remained unchanged.

I will be writing another test, I've got an idea of what went wrong.

Good luck with your remark

Reactions: Adhi_Krishnan

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
Hi Rina, I am in Toronto ..... and planning to appear in computer based IELTS..... just wanna know, if it does spelling check in LISTENING part........ Writing I know it doesn't...... but was doing some sample test and it was showing spelling errors in listening part...... was just wondering whether that happens with the original LISTENING test also..... Can you please guide..... Thanks
Hi

Yes, SPELLING is also taken into consideration. For example, if the correct answer is "AN APPLE" you have to write "AN APPLE" or "an apple".
Possible incorrect answers. "1 apple", "Apple", "aplle" etc.

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015

Computerised Exam
Scores (8.5,8,6.5,7.5)

Hi, did you read the writing band descriptor before recheck?

Tungbaskee

Feb 7, 2019
I think I should just give up on my Immigrations dream...

1st ielts attempt PBT L7R7W7S6.5
2nd attempt PBT L8R6.5W6.5S8.5
3rd PBT L8R6.5W6.5S8
4th PBT L8R6W6.5S7.5
5th CBT L8.5R9W6.5S8 remark writing unchanged
6th CBT L9R6.5W7S7.5

Remarking reading is a NO NO

I think I'm being sabotaged, although the last reading was unusually tricky.

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I think I should just give up on my Immigrations dream...

1st ielts attempt PBT L7R7W7S6.5
2nd attempt PBT L8R6.5W6.5S8.5
3rd PBT L8R6.5W6.5S8
4th PBT L8R6W6.5S7.5
5th CBT L8.5R9W6.5S8 remark writing unchanged
6th CBT L9R6.5W7S7.5

Remarking reading is a NO NO

I think I'm being sabotaged, although the last reading was unusually tricky.
I am sorry for you, my friend, but you are so close! Do not give up!

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Just for those who have asked for a re-marking on IELTS computer-based (IDP), how long did it take for you to receive a response?