+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry into Canada

apatel1

Dec 12, 2020
Hello all. I just got my PGWP in Canada and I now need to travel to India urgently. But I don’t think I could wait for getting TRV from Canada. Can I get my passport stamped in India for my PGWP.
One more question. My visa expired on March 2020 and I applied for extension but didn’t get my passport stamped as I had no plans to travel. So can I leave Canada and enter India with an expired TRV? Any leads are appreciated in advance. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all. I just got my PGWP in Canada and I now need to travel to India urgently. But I don’t think I could wait for getting TRV from Canada. Can I get my passport stamped in India for my PGWP.
One more question. My visa expired on March 2020 and I applied for extension but didn’t get my passport stamped as I had no plans to travel. So can I leave Canada and enter India with an expired TRV? Any leads are appreciated in advance. Thanks
Yes, you can leave Canada and enter India with an expired TRV. You will need to apply for a new TRV once you reach India.

Reactions: apatel1

apatel1

Dec 12, 2020
I plan on staying for 2 months. Will my passport arrive within that time if I apply as soon as I reach India?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I plan on staying for 2 months. Will my passport arrive within that time if I apply as soon as I reach India?
Processing times for TRVs from India are around 250 days right now.

Reactions: apatel1

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
No. You can apply in Canada & wait for approval. it takes around 60 days. Then you can leave. Or you leave & apply in India.
Hi All and @Naturgrl , I had SOWP and TRV till Jan 20201. I applied for my SOWP extension along with my sposue from inside canada on Sep 10th and I had to travel to India (my spouse is still in canada) in Nov for personal reasons while the application of SOWP extn was still in process.

Now the SOWP extn application is approved on Dec 10th. They have mentioned the Work Permit will be directly sent to my address in Canada. My spouse is still there. As I am not sure if I would be able to travel back before my current TRV expires (Jan 31), it is possible that my spuse can,

1) can my spouse courier my new extended WP to me (ie to India) from Canada and then I can apply for TRV here from India based on that?
2) Also do I need to actually wait for the Original WP document (which is yet to be sent by IRCC) or I can just apply based on the approval letter which I received in my gc key on the wp extension application?

Please advise.

Thanks.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Is it possible for me to fill out the form in Canada and then get ot stamped at VFS in India?
This is normally possible, when its approved you send a webform requesting that you get your passport stamped in your country.
NOW due to Covid there might be extra delays and complications.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Processing times for TRVs from India are around 250 days right now.
will I be able to return back to Canada if I already have a valid work permit and trv and currently present in Canada? my job will end in February and need to travel after then for 2-3 months to my home country for urgent work.

please let me know.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
will I be able to return back to Canada if I already have a valid work permit and trv and currently present in Canada? my job will end in February and need to travel after then for 2-3 months to my home country for urgent work.

please let me know.
They say you need an essential reason to travel and a covid test. An essential reason would be something like a job not just the permit. Not sure how much this is enforced but we also seem to be having even more restrictions soon so you never know 2-3 months from now.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
They say you need an essential reason to travel and a covid test. An essential reason would be something like a job not just the permit. Not sure how much this is enforced but we also seem to be having even more restrictions soon so you never know 2-3 months from now.
Yep but they say your travel is essential if you normally live in canada and travel is non optional even if you are laid off so not sure what does that mean.i understand things can change but as per current rules what are my options.?