+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada without PR Card, only CoPR and passport - by plane

carmex

Dec 5, 2022
Just curious...what did you provide as your evidence of your `declaration of your presence in Canada'? This wasn't around when I landed.

Seems odd that the email showed that your PR was approved two months ago, but the PR Portal shows that your declaration is being reviewed.

Not sure about the WP, since you have not yet been issues the eCoPR. It may in fact still be valid, but if so, come become invalid any day. Wait for others, here, to chime in.

You have to be aware of two separate, but related, steps:
1. Being able to board a commercial flight back to Canada and what the requirements are from the carrier.

2. What CBSA requires when you encounter an officer at a POE.

Returning to Canada...and entering Canada are not the same thing, in terms of documents needed.
Thanks for your help and reply.

The declaration is just basically checking a box declaring that I am currently in Canada.

And to add some extra information, this is the last email/message I got from the IRCC regarding the PR Portal:

This email confirms that you have successfully submitted the required information to confirm your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

An IRCC case worker will send you a message if further information is required; the message will come from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.

If the information is complete, your status as a permanent resident will be confirmed and your permanent resident card will be printed and mailed to you.

To view the status of your case, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

So maybe my I am not officially a PR since my status as a PR is not confirmed?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So "If the information is complete..."? It IS complete; you ticked the box! LOL!

Not yet a PR, but close!

carmex

Dec 5, 2022
So "If the information is complete..."? It IS complete; you ticked the box! LOL!

Not yet a PR, but close!
Yes, that is why I am so confused! Everything is uploaded and submitted.
In a way I guess I am lucky, since I am not a PR yet I can return to Canada with my work permit?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that is why I am so confused! Everything is uploaded and submitted.
In a way I guess I am lucky, since I am not a PR yet I can return to Canada with my work permit?
Where are you traveling to and are you returning via a land PoE?

The WP won't be of any use with a commercial carrier.

Also, have a look at this recent thread where the PR was outside of Canada when they received their eCoPR:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-portal-confirm-in-canada.782122/#post-10287972

carmex

Dec 5, 2022
Where are you traveling to and are you returning via a land PoE?

The WP won't be of any use with a commercial carrier.

Also, have a look at this recent thread where the PR was outside of Canada when they received their eCoPR:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-portal-confirm-in-canada.782122/#post-10287972
I am travelling to Norway, and returning via an airport.
Okay, so the WP is what the CBSA requires and and the commercial carrier requires an eTA?

YCR7

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
I am travelling to Norway, and returning via an airport.
Okay, so the WP is what the CBSA requires and and the commercial carrier requires an eTA?
Hey I am in same situation but I am going to USA and will be travelling in personal car via land border. What could be done in this case? Is CoPR and passpor enough to return to Canada? I have PGWP and visa on passport

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey I am in same situation but I am going to USA and will be travelling in personal car via land border. What could be done in this case? Is CoPR and passpor enough to return to Canada? I have PGWP and visa on passport
Are you now a PR already or not? If you're a PR and entering by car, the COPR should be sufficient. (Well passport and photo id of course)

YCR7

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
No I’m not PR yet. I will be getting eCOPR.
I just received email from IRCC that my application is approved. I am inside canada and will submit my photo for PR card.

so until, I have ecopr I am not PR right?
In this case I can still use my post graduation work permit and TRV on passport to re enter canada?
What if I get eCopr when I’m in USA?