+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-apply visitor VISA before Expiry of

pengkeanyap

Feb 27, 2020
Hi

1. Yes, you carry your old/new passport with the valid TRV.
2. The TRV validity date is that you can enter up to the expiry date, it has nothing to do with how long you would be admitted for.
Thank you so much! Saved me hours and lots of money :)

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
Is anyone still active on this thread?? I was wondering my visa is about to expire this June 2020, and I’m still here in Canada. I have already submitted an application to extend last December and it would expire this June as well. I was wondering can I still stay even if my visa is expired and just apply for a restoration or I must leave? Since I don’t think it’s a perfect time to travel with the pandemic going on.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Is anyone still active on this thread?? I was wondering my visa is about to expire this June 2020, and I’m still here in Canada. I have already submitted an application to extend last December and it would expire this June as well. I was wondering can I still stay even if my visa is expired and just apply for a restoration or I must leave? Since I don’t think it’s a perfect time to travel with the pandemic going on.
You can stay till you are in status. Did u get a approval of your visitor status that you applied in December? Did u do your medicals ? If you were approved earlier and your status is expiring you have to apply again for visitor extension and stay till you are on implied status till the time you have a decision. If your visa expires and you cant go out of Canada and return, but as long as you are in status you can stay.

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
I haven’t received any decisions from them yet but I’m already done with the medical and biometrics that they asked me to do. So wait, just to be clear since my extension that I applied was only for June, I can still apply for another one? Even if my visa is expiring?

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
I haven’t received any decisions from them yet but I’m already done with the medical and biometrics that they asked me to do. So wait, just to be clear since my extension that I applied was only for June, I can still apply for another one? Even if my visa is expiring?
Yes I guess you can apply for another extension as long you are in status. Visa is just to gain entry at the port. Once you are in Canada you have to always maintain your status. So you are good. Just make sure you don’t overstay then your permitted stay. I am not too sure if you can apply for another extension till the decision on your previous extension is made. Kindly check by calling CIC call centre for clarification.

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
So if I’m not allowed to apply for a visa extension I’ll just have to do the restoration of status right? If I’m not mistaken?? This kinda clear things out now as I was having trouble sleeping because of this. That I thought I must leave once my visa is expired. Thank you very much for your help.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
So if I’m not allowed to apply for a visa extension I’ll just have to do the restoration of status right? If I’m not mistaken?? This kinda clear things out now as I was having trouble sleeping because of this. That I thought I must leave once my visa is expired. Thank you very much for your help.
Yes I guess so.. but you can get professional advice to make it double sure or at least you can call cic call centre to clarify.

jvishal

Jun 21, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am currently in Canada. I was on study permit before and I have a PGWP starting from March 2020.
I have a multiple-entry visa to Canada and my multiple entry visa will soon expire (end of November 2020).
I am planning to visit India in September and come back before my visa expires.

So, is it possible to go for my TRV renewal now (being in Canada) or come back from India and then apply for it in November 2020?
I am worried that if I apply now IRCC might refuse my application.

Appreciate any advice!
Thank you all!

sharan121

Jun 25, 2020
Hello Guys,
I have a query. I have a visitor visa attached to my spouse Work permit who is already in Canada since Feb 2020 and I am in India. Due to Covid-19, the international flight services are on hold from India until further notice.
My questions are:

I want to extend the Visitor visa, Can i apply for the same before the expiry ?
My Visitor visa V-1 is expiring on 01 Sept 2020, Does it mean I can enter Canada by 01st Sept 2020?

I have tried many ways to reach out to the Canadian High commission but i haven't received the response from them. Can someone kindly help me here please?

sharan121

Jun 25, 2020
Thanks, But how do i apply to extend the Visitor visa? Do i need to wait till it is expired or Can i apply for an extension before the expiry.

Regards,

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Yes you don’t have to wait for a TRV to expire before applying for a new one.
Hi,

I'm holding TRV for worker valid till sep 2021. I might not be able to travel before it's expiry , so I applied for new open worker TRV.

This application will be approved only after my first TRV expiry?
if I get a chance to travel before current TRV expiry, can I travel with it even my another application is in progress

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hi,

I'm holding TRV for worker valid till sep 2021. I might not be able to travel before it's expiry , so I applied for new open worker TRV.

This application will be approved only after my first TRV expiry?
if I get a chance to travel before current TRV expiry, can I travel with it even my another application is in progress
@canuck78 please help

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Yes ! You can travel till the last date printed on your TRV. Application process does not change anything unless a decision is made. I hope it helps.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Yes ! You can travel till the last date printed on your TRV. Application process does not change anything unless a decision is made. I hope it helps.
Thanks. So, we can apply for new TRV before current TRV expiry.

If new TRV is approved, then only my existing TRV become invalid.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Thanks. So, we can apply for new TRV before current TRV expiry.

If new TRV is approved, then only my existing TRV become invalid.
Well ! of course ! The validity would be printed on the counter foil . You don’t need to worry about that.