+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-apply visitor VISA before Expiry of

edgar s.

Aug 15, 2019
I have a renewed passport. May old cancelled passport has a valid TRV expiring on February 19,2020.
Can I apply NOW for a new TRV and travel to Canada on a new visa in December or should I wait for may visa to expire and still travel to Canada in December?.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
I have a renewed passport. May old cancelled passport has a valid TRV expiring on February 19,2020.
Can I apply NOW for a new TRV and travel to Canada on a new visa in December or should I wait for may visa to expire and still travel to Canada in December?.
You can use your valid visa till the last day of the validity to enter Canada. Validation is only required on your entry to Canada. The duration of the stay is decided by CBSA on your entry.

Reactions: edgar s.

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Yes, you can use your existing TRV for travel, since it's still valid.

Reactions: edgar s.

Diar

Aug 21, 2019
No, you cannot 'renew' your visa. You can apply to extend your authorized stay.

You need to apply for a new TRV when you are outside Canada, preferably from your home country where you have the strongest ties

Hello Bryanna
I am a student in Canada. I renewed my study permit. My Visa is expired should I apply to renew my Visa the same as the first one? thank you

Ella1988

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, thanks for all the replies as they already helped a lot!
I have a TRV and study permit that I didn't use as a problem occurred, both visas are valid until August 4, 2020, that is the expiry date of my passport as well!
My question is if I get a new passport, can I enter Canada with the visa issued on my previous passport? Or should I reapply to get a new visa on my new passport?

edgar s.

Aug 15, 2019
Hi, thanks for all the replies as they already helped a lot!
I have a TRV and study permit that I didn't use as a problem occurred, both visas are valid until August 4, 2020, that is the expiry date of my passport as well!
My question is if I get a new passport, can I enter Canada with the visa issued on my previous passport? Or should I reapply to get a new visa on my new passport?
Hi. I am at present in Canada and have used my old passport with the unexpired visa stamp together with a new passport to enter last December. So yes you can use the old passport with the unexpired visa to enter canada.

Reactions: Ella1988

Ella1988

Jan 8, 2019
Hi. I am at present in Canada and have used my old passport with the unexpired visa stamp together with a new passport to enter last December. So yes you can use the old passport with the unexpired visa to enter canada.
That's a great comfort to know, many thanks!

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
How it goes, if someone’s application is approved and pp is asked. The pp is expiring in 6 months; what if someone decides to renew the pp and send the new one. Would there be any issues?

Last edited:

Sayed Inam

Jan 8, 2020
My Passport expired on 19 july 2021. My V-1 visa approved upto 18 july 2021.
What is the ideal time of apply for visa renew?

addy216

Jun 13, 2018
Guys !! I was reading all the comments but did not get any clear answer

Can anyone comment if he/she has gone through the same condition

My Visitor Visa is valid till 30th May 2020 and Passport expiry is on 31st May , and I am planning to travel between Feb and Mar 2020, Although I had already renewed the passport last month , so Can I travel to Canada with new passport but valid visa but stamped on Old passport.

Please if you are only sure or gone through the same than advice.

shabnam_8

Feb 21, 2020
Hi,
Is anyone here get a successful result in the case of applying for a new visitor visa from outside of the Canada, while having a near to get expired valid visitor visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Is anyone here get a successful result in the case of applying for a new visitor visa from outside of the Canada, while having a near to get expired valid visitor visa?
Yes you don’t have to wait for a TRV to expire before applying for a new one.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Guys !! I was reading all the comments but did not get any clear answer

Can anyone comment if he/she has gone through the same condition

My Visitor Visa is valid till 30th May 2020 and Passport expiry is on 31st May , and I am planning to travel between Feb and Mar 2020, Although I had already renewed the passport last month , so Can I travel to Canada with new passport but valid visa but stamped on Old passport.

Please if you are only sure or gone through the same than advice.
Yes !! Provided your details in passport such as first name and last name haven’t changed. You can travel by carrying both the passports. If you see the old passport there would be a small stamp which says passport cancelled visas remain valid. Good luck !!

pengkeanyap

Feb 27, 2020
Hi, it has been very difficult for me to get an answer from the consulate in Australia after sending multiple emails so I really hope I can find some answers here!

In very similar circumstances to everyone else's posts above, my Canadian visitors visa expires on 31/5/20 (in my old passport which is now expired). I fly in to Canada on the 29/4/20 and fly out of canada on the 25/5/20. Two questions;

1. Is my Canadian visitors visa in my old passport still valid? I am assuming from the answers above, that I can travel with the old expired passport containing the valid visa?

2. If I fly out before the expiration date on the visitor's visa, is that perfectly ok? If not, do I need to go through the whole visa application process again?

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: Patiently_pr

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, it has been very difficult for me to get an answer from the consulate in Australia after sending multiple emails so I really hope I can find some answers here!

In very similar circumstances to everyone else's posts above, my Canadian visitors visa expires on 31/5/20 (in my old passport which is now expired). I fly in to Canada on the 29/4/20 and fly out of canada on the 25/5/20. Two questions;

1. Is my Canadian visitors visa in my old passport still valid? I am assuming from the answers above, that I can travel with the old expired passport containing the valid visa?

2. If I fly out before the expiration date on the visitor's visa, is that perfectly ok? If not, do I need to go through the whole visa application process again?

Many thanks in advance!
1. Yes, you carry your old/new passport with the valid TRV.
2. The TRV validity date is that you can enter up to the expiry date, it has nothing to do with how long you would be admitted for.

Reactions: pengkeanyap