+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Request Letter

Paramjit6257

Apr 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I received a RCMP criminal record check request letter from CIC , it has 2 bullets points.

Question-: Can you guys please help me and tell me that "do I need to submit 2 separate documents or just the RCMP letter" ?

My Request Letter states as follow,

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

Bullet 1.) UCI number - PARAMJIT SINGH:
Bullet 2.) RCMP Criminal Record Check: Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website.

Please suggest Experts.

All the views , comments regarding above will be appreciated.
Thank you!!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Hello Everyone,

I received a RCMP criminal record check request letter from CIC , it has 2 bullets points.

Question-: Can you guys please help me and tell me that "do I need to submit 2 separate documents or just the RCMP letter" ?

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

Bullet 2.) RCMP Criminal Record Check: Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website.

Please suggest Experts.

Thank you!!
Your UCI number is not a document and IRCC should know it better than you. This request doesn't make much sense as there is no document you can produce for Bullet 1 that I am aware of.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
If you already have a previous study or work permit, your UCI number is a 8 digit number located at the upper right corner of the permit.

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
If you already have a previous study or work permit, your UCI number is a 8 digit number located at the upper right corner of the permit.
I left my UCI number field blank for my application even though I had a work permit (wasn't sure it would carry over). When I got my request letter, it only asked to submit the RCMP criminal record check. Also if at this point OP received request letters, shouldn't his UCI autopopulate from the temporary CAN0000XXX number?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I left my UCI number field blank for my application even though I had a work permit (wasn't sure it would carry over). When I got my request letter, it only asked to submit the RCMP criminal record check. Also if at this point OP received request letters, shouldn't his UCI autopopulate from the temporary CAN0000XXX number?
UCI is only autopopulated for those who never had a previous application with Immigration. If they´re asking specifically for the UCI, maybe there´s some information they need to double check between PR application and previous application, but of course this is just a personal assumption.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

Please suggest Experts.

Thank you!!
Buddy UCI number is same for each applicant it carries forward for every different application you apply to IRCC..so i guess you might have come to canada on Study visa or work permit either of the visa copy will have UCI its similar to AADHAR card UCI(Unique Candidate IDentification)so without that number your application will not exist(i mean the previous approved permits you have)..so include the number and you better include copy of your permit having that UCI as @lostinquebec said you will find in that spot..Better to be safeside include with LOE why you didnt mentioned it in firstplace...
And RCMP you can get it any RCMP accredited agencies just google it and if you live in toronto there are many but read the reviews before you make an appointment with them about processing and all..

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

Please suggest Experts.

Thank you!!
How many says they are giving to submit RCMP?

Navneetk_18

Jul 22, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

Please suggest Experts.

Thank you!!
Hello Everyone,

Dear PARAMJIT SINGH,

Please suggest Experts.

Thank you!!
hi
I’m on same boat . I got request letter for rcmp and it has 2 bullet point as yours .

Navneetk_18

Jul 22, 2019
Yeah i’m in canada . Theu give me 60 days . I got this letter on 22 july. 2020. Even i’m confused as well
I read another threads as well . And i see there we don’t need to send any document for that just da rcmp. I thought before may be they are asking for work permit . Because i got invitation for express entry on april 9 and my work permit got expired on 26 april . I already applied for lmia based work permit and on may 1 i got approval . I submitted my application with approval letter but no original work permit . Because i didn’t received yet .

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
UCI is only autopopulated for those who never had a previous application with Immigration. If they´re asking specifically for the UCI, maybe there´s some information they need to double check between PR application and previous application, but of course this is just a personal assumption.
Doesn't UCI get autopopulated for those applications that IRCC officers haven't looked yet? I am currently on PGWP and I have previously had study permits all with the same UCI, but my EE application is given a new UCI. It's only been 25 days since I submitted my application though.

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
The second one is a sub bullet point. They're only asking for your RCMP criminal record check. Though I'm not sure why they added this process. so confusing :(

For your EE application, they give you a temporary UCI, starting with "CAN" and it'll automatically change back to your original UCI once they start processing the application.