Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hello Folks,

So I contacted RCMP and they said they mailed the result to Vancouver office next business day they received the request. It’s been 12 business days and CIC hasn’t received them yet. Does anyone has any experience like that?

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Hello Folks,

So I contacted RCMP and they said they mailed the result to Vancouver office next business day they received the request. It’s been 12 business days and CIC hasn’t received them yet. Does anyone has any experience like that?
All I know that the RCMP submit the results to CIC electronically so there is no chance to lose a mail here ... I did mine on Feb2 and RCMP submitted the results on Feb5 however COC age net said they were received on the 14th not sure where the delay happens

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello Folks,

It's very unlikely such a document would be lost. This is the RCMP we're talking about here!

Some things to consider:
  1. There is no FP update e-cas
  2. CIC agents may not know how to check it on their end
  3. It could take some time to be reflected on their end
  4. It could take some time to move from the FP clearance centre to the actual application processing centre

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
It's very unlikely such a document would be lost. This is the RCMP we're talking about here!

Some things to consider:
  1. There is no FP update e-cas
  2. CIC agents may not know how to check it on their end
  3. It could take some time to be reflected on their end
  4. It could take some time to move from the FP clearance centre to the actual application processing centre
FP clearance centre is Vancouver and my processing centre would be either Vancouver or Surrey. So should not be much delay here.. I guess I have to wait few more days and call them again..

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Same thing with my wife's application. Fingerprint given on february 9 and CIC has not received it yet today (march 2). We sent another IRCC webform with the official receipt from RCMP attached. Still waiting. Our concern is it will exceed the 30 days soon and our application will be considered as abandoned.

Last edited:

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Same thing with my wife's application. Fingerprint given on february 9 and CIC has no received it yet today (march 2). We sent another IRCC webform with the official receipt from RCMP attached. Still waiting. Our concern is it will exceed the 30 days soon and our application will be considered as abandoned.
How do they considered your wife's Citizenship application as abandoned? Since you have done your part. You took the FP and you have the receipt.

My case is more worse ;) I did my FP on Feb 13 and got the Email from RCMP that they have sent the result to CIC on 14 Feb (I just provide them my Name, DoB and UCI#). But unfortunately I lost the receipt for the FP and literally no proof except the Email from RCMP that I have done my FP. Tried to call CIC but because of high call volume couldn't able to connect.

Nothing more I can do. Just waiting and keep on calling.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
this is scary! the fingerprint guy (private) i went to in ottawa said the same thing. He said someone(before me) had gotten the fingerprints done and the RCMP mailed (snail mailed with a 2-3$ stamp) to CIC and the mail was lost - it seems. I do not know how the applicant got it confirmed. Hence the fingerprint guy suggested me to get the results from RCMP and then mail it with tracking to the CIC center. That is what i am doing. When the guy told me - i did not completely believe him but none the less asked him to send the results to me.

I have gotten the fingerprints done 3 days ago. The results should in my mail today or tomorrow. I will send it with tracking to the CIC center use Canada post or courier.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I have heard many people say that the CIC call center confirmed that they received the fingerprints. another way to get confirmation would be to get GCMS notes i think!

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
this is scary! the fingerprint guy (private) i went to in ottawa said the same thing. He said someone(before me) had gotten the fingerprints done and the RCMP mailed (snail mailed with a 2-3$ stamp) to CIC and the mail was lost - it seems. I do not know how the applicant got it confirmed. Hence the fingerprint guy suggested me to get the results from RCMP and then mail it with tracking to the CIC center. That is what i am doing. When the guy told me - i did not completely believe him but none the less asked him to send the results to me.

I have gotten the fingerprints done 3 days ago. The results should in my mail today or tomorrow. I will send it with tracking to the CIC center use Canada post or courier.
Is there no way to send the FP electronically? I seem to remember I did that in my PR application..

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Is there no way to send the FP electronically? I seem to remember I did that in my PR application..
that is a good question! I think i have heard other members saying it is electronic submission too. But all the statements above seems to contradict "electronic submission of results".

The CIC received date is different from RCMP sent date! we are not tracking this on the spreadsheet.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey guys!

How do you get RCMP to email you that they have processed and sent your fingerprints to CIC?

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Hello everyone,
So my fingerprints were sent and I have received the criminal record from RCMP, and mailed it to the immigration via Purolator express post with a tracking number so I can track and it’s more safe, and it seems like Purolator lost my package!! I am so stressed out about this. It should have been delivered couple of days ago and there’s still no update, I talked to an agent they opened a trace and will let me know but I don’t have any hope :(
What would you suggest me to do? This is really stressing me out I am so worried.
Thanks in advance

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
Went for FP on 20th December, RCMP forwarded the results on 21st, IRCC hasn't received them yet (as per the call).
Canada Post must be holding my docs and double performing my background check. They are always in strike, they should be replaced by DHL and fed ex instead.
RCMP wrote back to my inquiry as follows:
In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification for: Canadian Citizenship

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on: 2018-12-21

The result has been returned to the following address as per your application:

IRCC VANCOUVER
200-877 EXPO BLVD.
VANCOUVER BC V6B 8P8

Please take note: Once the demand is completed, the RCMP is not authorized to keep civil (non-criminal) fingerprints or copies of the certified results on file. If you have not received or you require another certified document you would need to re-apply.

NOTE: The results are sent by regular mail to the address provided and extra time should be allowed for delivery by Canada Post.

CFSS processes more than 30,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individual’s fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated to a criminal holding a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) business days from the date that the application was received. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Thank you,

Single Point of Contact Agent of CCRTIS

Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You need to go to places which do electronic submission to rcmp not on paper forms