+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP (Fingerprint) for Citizenship application

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Heyo
I’ve few questions, would be great if someone clarify this.

I’ve applied my citizenship application in the first week of Sept. Awaiting for the AOR. Seeing the trend I would be getting my AOR shortly. But, I’m travelling out of Canada next month for 3 weeks, can I get the RCMP (fingerprint) done before IRCC request one?

I got to know that the rcmp request is not for everyone. Im worried what if they ask while I’m out of the country. I’m planning to get it beforehand. However, I’m wondering the fingerprint issued date would be before the IRCC’s request date. Will they accept?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I wouldn't do it ahead of time. Simply they have a specific address that you need to send it to, and that will be in the letter. The private agency affiliated to the RCMP will require that letter and the address. Your best bet is to update them that you will be out of the country for 3 weeks and provide details around dates, address etc.

That way if they send the request, they can defer it. Once you receive the request you will have 30 days

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I wouldn't do it ahead of time. Simply they have a specific address that you need to send it to, and that will be in the letter. The private agency affiliated to the RCMP will require that letter and the address. Your best bet is to update them that you will be out of the country for 3 weeks and provide details around dates, address etc.

That way if they send the request, they can defer it. Once you receive the request you will have 30 days
copy that! Thank you

Reactions: AnonyKaty

Salman17

Jan 22, 2015
Hey guys i got requested for Finger Prints on the 24th OCT which was updated in the tracker on the 26th but i still have not received an email for the instructions on how to go about it. What should i do other than wait for the email? Should just book a FP appointment and hope that the email comes soon? Or is this just normal?

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Hey guys i got requested for Finger Prints on the 24th OCT which was updated in the tracker on the 26th but i still have not received an email for the instructions on how to go about it. What should i do other than wait for the email? Should just book a FP appointment and hope that the email comes soon? Or is this just normal?
You can expect it within 2 days but i called immediately n they recent it n i got it the following day. If not recieved call on Monday. You may have to try multiple times to get thru on the phone but keep trying