+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check Request

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
I am residing in Canada and received a FCMP CRC request as part of my EE application. I just went to get my digital fingerprinting, and was told that while the RCMP website states that the results will be available within 3 business days, many that they dealt with waiting up to 6 weeks for the results. I will also be receiving the results at my address, rather than the CIC office receiving it directly (as no such information was in the request letter).

Does anyone have experience with this? My deadline to submit the results to CIC is Dec 1, which will be cutting it close. I initially thought I only needed to upload the proof of doing the check by the deadline, and RCMP will forward the results over to CIC, only to discover today that is not the case.

Thanks!

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asked to provide the RCMP certificate for my spouse last week, and we did that on last Friday (16, Oct). Here are the points,
1. They will not send to CIC Office (but they will enter your UCI Number on their system, and will be there in the certificate as well)
2. What we were told is they will need 72 hours (3 business days) to process, and they will send report to correspondence address.
3. If you don't receive anything even after 10 working days, there is a contact number and an e-mail address in the RCMP proof which you have received once you did that.

So my advice would be if you are past 10 days give them a call, and ask for updates
Meanwhile send an e-mail to them with the number (I think it's DCN ... not sure)

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
sumeshpunakkal said:
I was asked to provide the RCMP certificate for my spouse last week, and we did that on last Friday (16, Oct). Here are the points,
1. They will not send to CIC Office (but they will enter your UCI Number on their system, and will be there in the certificate as well)
2. What we were told is they will need 72 hours (3 business days) to process, and they will send report to correspondence address.
3. If you don't receive anything even after 10 working days, there is a contact number and an e-mail address in the RCMP proof which you have received once you did that.

So my advice would be if you are past 10 days give them a call, and ask for updates
Meanwhile send an e-mail to them with the number (I think it's DCN ... not sure)
Thanks! I noticed the staff entered both my UCI number and application number (both on the letter CIC sent). The confirmation printout I got from the fingerprinting agency only has my application number listed under the "Reference Number" field. Hopefully he entered them both in the right fields!

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received RCMP request on October 8th, done the fingerprints on the 9th and received it at home last Monday (19th) So 10 calendar days in total. Note there was Thanksgiving holiday on the 12th, so just 5 business days including mailing time.