waived
Passport Req..
12-APR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-MAY-2013
LANDED..........
11-MAY-2013
Guys,

I am complete my CEC application to submit.
I am quite confused with the finger prints and RCMP clearance. Do I need to submit these along with the application?
Or do we submit after we get the request from CEC along with the Medicals? I am presently in Canada, but I am not quite sure if I will be still in Canada or move back to India when CEC sents the request for medicals.

So, can I submit the finger prints and RCMP clearance along with the application?

Can someone please help me understand this part?

Ganesh

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
I guess it is better to submit them because the applicattion guide says that the certificate must have been used no more than 3 months prior to submitting your application, so dont let the time run.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ganesh123 said:
I am quite confused with the finger prints and RCMP clearance.
Indeed you are. Please read the instructions on Police certificates here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

"other than Canada" means EXCEPT CANADA. No PCC is required from Canada.

There is no fingerprint requirement either, it is not on the Document Checklist.

The only mention of fingerprints anywhere is that you MAY have to provide fingerprints to obtain the required PCCs. So for example, if you lived in the USA for at least 6 months and have to provide an FBI Clearance, the FBI clearance requires that you provide fingerprints TO THE FBI. (Not to CIC, not as part of the CEC application).

There is a small chance that, after you apply, CIC will request that you do a fingerprint-based check for Canada. That is because CIC will automatically do a name-based RCMP check for each applicant. If this name check is not clear (for example, if you have the same name as someone with a criminal record), CIC will ask you to do a fingerprint-based RCMP clearance. The vast majority of CEC applicants never have to do this.

ganesh123

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-JUN-2012
AOR Received.
15-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
14-FEB-2013
Med's Done....
25-FEB-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-APR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-MAY-2013
LANDED..........
11-MAY-2013
jes_ON said:
Indeed you are. Please read the instructions on Police certificates here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

"other than Canada" means EXCEPT CANADA. No PCC is required from Canada.

There is no fingerprint requirement either, it is not on the Document Checklist.

The only mention of fingerprints anywhere is that you MAY have to provide fingerprints to obtain the required PCCs. So for example, if you lived in the USA for at least 6 months and have to provide an FBI Clearance, the FBI clearance requires that you provide fingerprints TO THE FBI. (Not to CIC, not as part of the CEC application).

There is a small chance that, after you apply, CIC will request that you do a fingerprint-based check for Canada. That is because CIC will automatically do a name-based RCMP check for each applicant. If this name check is not clear (for example, if you have the same name as someone with a criminal record), CIC will ask you to do a fingerprint-based RCMP clearance. The vast majority of CEC applicants never have to do this.
Thanks jes_ON.

I have already applied for PCC and got the PCC from Indian Embassy. They just asked for the photographs and have not asked for finger prints.
So, should this imply that, I dont need to take finger prints?

niceguy24

Jun 24, 2013
@ganesh123, my case is exactly same as yours :) I am Indian, currently at Canada, may have to go back within few months. I am planning to apply under CEC and have same question - Should I submit finger prints and RCMP clearance along with the application ?